The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-01-2014

Good afternoon. It's 85° with 73% humidity. Just moving around out there makes me sweat. I'll be staying inside where it's much cooler. The high will be 85°. Cloudy with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Looks like I'll be retiring the Dodge RAM before November. Work on the Chevy G20 is going quickly. My nephew estimates it'll be ready around the end of the month. I'm not a Chevy man but it is at least a lot newer and safer than what I'm driving now. The RAM is making creaking and banging noises that I'm not comfortable with. I keep expecting the bottom to fall out of it.

[Image: DSCN6905.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3704.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3691.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-01-2014

Feeling pretty poorly tonight.My temp is about 103 and I just about feel like I got hit by a truck. My nephew is working on the Chevy G20 today and he's has it started. It apparently still has some water somewhere in the fuel system. When he's got the bugs out it he'll bring it over so I can take it for a drive.

[Image: DSCN3698.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3607.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3600.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-02-2014

sorry to here your feeling unwell RB , lets hope to-morrow's better .
great weather here - summer has returned !!!
valeted the family car yesterday ( that'll make it rain !) , have not found a master cylinder for the old car yet - may have to repair the seal , got enough copper brake pipe to do some new brake lines ... Worship

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-02-2014

Good morning. It's 78° with 100% humidity. The high will be 90° with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

It's gray and wet here this morning. Been raining off and on for several hours now. My nephew got the Chevy G20 running long enough last night to move it out of the way. The fuel injector cleaner he'd been using wasn't cutting it. So I gave him a can of carburetor cleaner. His argument was that it's not for fuel injected engines. My counter argument was 'So what! It burns and that's what you need right now'. A few minutes later I heard the G20's engine fire up. Carburetor cleaner will also clean throttle bodies and injectors. Who's the dummy here? Today I think he's going to put a couple of cans of Sea Foam in the tank to get rid of any lingering water. No plans for today. I feel much better this morning than I did last night. The high fever went down around midnight to 101.5. A couple of quarts of ice water and a frozen t-shirt helped immensely. Frozen t-shirt? Put a folded t-shirt in the freezer for a few hours. Take it out and wear as you normally would. Old trick I learned in the army.

Bachmann GP40 trainset loco with GP38-2 chassis. Note Mr. clean is along for the ride.
[Image: DSCN3776.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3754.jpg]

Digitrax DZ125 decoder that went into the Pathmark GP40
[Image: DSCN3713.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-02-2014

Good evening. It's 80° with 83% humidity. The low will hit 68°, mostly cloudy with a 70% chance of showers and thunderstorm. My nephew was out working on the G20 again today which I greatly support especially considering he nearly had to carry me home last night. Saying my health is poor would be an understatement. I have several infections, under control at the moment, balance issues, and liver damage that still hasn't been identified. My energy level is very low. Just walking from my trailer to my next door neighbors trailer is an exhausting event. It also gets my heart rate way up.

I've already said too much about it and I'm certainly not looking forward to my morning email. As always, anybody who doesn't believe me is welcome to come look for themselves. I've had visitors from as far away as Seattle. I just ask that you don't show up unannounced. My family can be very, very defensive if they think there's a threat to my safety.

Today my nephew got the G20 running enough to drive it. However it kept dying on him every thirty to fifty feet. It could be from some water in the gas or a bad fuel pump relay. I think tomorrow he'll replace the relay and see what difference that makes. Myself, I dislike working on computerized vehicles. My Century was so complex that it wasn't even funny. Any time I had to get the computer read I half expected to see the blue screen of death.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

Check out Mr. Clean with the big wrench!
[Image: DSCN3698.jpg]

Still have this old Westport Terminal billboard laying around.
[Image: DSCN3655.jpg]

The E-R Models Rock Island FP7 is still holding down some track on my display rack.
[Image: DSCN3653.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-03-2014

good morning world , dull and cloudy and windy but warm in my part of the UK , nothing much to report except the dam boiler (heating furnace) went bust but the heating guy fixed it ,
glad your feeling better RB , as for the youngsters you cant tell them - what do you know about it ? , after all we've only been around some more years than them , my lad don't even know how to start the Bond let alone drive it !

1 . Tractors on the beach awaiting the return of the fishing fleet .
2 & 3 . tractor & coble models . (all models are N scale)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-03-2014

Good morning. It's 65° with 99% humidity. High will be 82°, cloudy, slight chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Magnitude 3.1 earthquake last night. October 2, 2014 - (3.1) ESE of Center in east Texas. Didn't feel a thing here.

No plans for today. Checked that spot on my right knee last night. Initially it was infected but a good cleaning and application of antibiotics took care of that. The infection is gone. The wound is healing and has no odor.

Don't know if my nephew will be working on the G20 today. Will keep you updated.

[Image: DSCN3782.jpg]

Click to view video
[Image: th_PIC_0019-1.mp4]

[Image: ce7e3912-0f6e-46d0-b97c-93bf3e62762d.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-03-2014

Just stopped in for a
Good Morning Blue
We have 70 degrees with rain, temps will be falling through the day.
A chat with the guys last night is my only train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-03-2014

KRM Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:I've already said too much about it and I'm certainly not looking forward to my morning email. As always, anybody who doesn't believe me is welcome to come look for themselves. I've had visitors from as far away as Seattle. I just ask that you don't show up unannounced. My family can be very, very defensive if they think there's a threat to my safety.

Yeah same here Jeff, I agree. My family and friends can be very, very defensive too. Some are,,, Harrington & Richardson, Savage Stevens, Carl Walther, Henry, Winchester, Smith & Wesson and don't forget Shaanxi. So some should think before they want to visit or bring it on. Shoot 357
Sounds like you and I are of a kind. My listing isn't as distinctive as yours. Remington, Browning, Great Western Arms, GMBH.

Finally felt like eating today. Dinner today consisted of a large bowl of salad of romaine and iceberg lettuce, Chinese cabbage, shredded carrots, grated American cheese, Hidden Valley Ranch Peppercorn dressing. The addition of a bit of pepper and Tabasco sauce insured the sinuses were cleared. I feel much better now. I think my nephew was playing with the timing on the GL20. Either that or my nieces husband was out playing with his .22 Magnum. Whichever it was I heard a long series of booms. At the time I had an intense case of 'No Curiosity'. Had a bit of bleeding from my left foot today. I put of couple of compresses on it and wrapped it tightly. Checked it about an hour ago. The bleeding had stopped so I removed the compresses and applied a 'wet to dry dressing and wrapped it up. The old RAM ran great today. I didn't have any problems with it.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3556.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3552.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3527.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3521.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-03-2014

Good evening all.

Went to Micro center and stocked up on PLA filament, blue tape a hobby knife set with blades specifically made for removing "supports and flash" from 3D printed models also broke down and bought a 3.5 " floppy drive with USB connection Icon_lol

October is here, and it is supposed to cool down quite a bit this weekend here. Soon the biggest worry will be will I have a slice of sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie...........who am I kidding I will have both 357 Popcornbeer 357

Hope all are fine, been busy with work both at home and at work.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-04-2014

guess what ??? its raining heavy so its a stay in home day , cant work on the car outside and the garage is small , even if jacked up the car roof hits the shelf , so its a computer day , sees every one's having a moan all must be well Icon_lol

this is what I'm modelling at the moment its my town station - must start a thread about it .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-04-2014

Morning all. Back home. Frankie's shoulder surgery was not as intensive as Dr. had thought. He's doing great. Cooler here.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-04-2014

Good morning, a bit cooler here too. We're in the mid to low 60's for the past few days and still no sign of triple-digits in the forecast. The average last day of they year for 100 degree temps was yesterday, Oct. 3, the record last day was somewhere around Oct 23. We're hoping not to try to approach that record, we're a bit weary of those long hot days by now. The A/C still stays on, but we can dream when it isn't.

Our house is officially on the market. Photos and a virtual tour have been taken, signs are up, brochures have been printed and we even showed up on Zillow.com this morning as being on the market. Now it's time to go look for a new home. It's kind of unnerving that we are getting ready to leave a home that we have become attached to, yet we haven't a clue as to where we're going. In just about every case, we usually knew where we were going before we put, what was our current house, on the market. Things are a bit backwards for us this time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-05-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a gloomy 45 degrees this morning.
My menu for today has Lions football and a nap on it.
S.J.