The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-05-2014

Summer has returned Icon_lol , nice day for October , the neighbours have gone to a classic car show in the Morris 1000 van (early 1970's) , they might be some photos ?
that aside nothing else to report health seems stable at present ...

Love the VW camper RB - need a Porsche conversion me thinks Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-05-2014

Good Sunday morning to you all. I hope your weekend is going well for you. Our temps for the next few days will be in the mid-90 normal range, but come Tuesday and Wednesday, we're looking at some rain again. There's yet another hurricane out in the Pacific off to coast of Mexico that's suppose to generate some moisture for us. This one shouldn't be as bad as the last two were, but still, things are unpredictable and it could just be yet another dry day or two.....

Our house here in Surprise is now on the market, anyone wanting to move to the Phoenix area soon, we've got a great deal for you on a house.... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-05-2014

Morning [may be noon by time I finish]. Chilly fall morning here. Watched Old Miss beat Alabama and then Auburn tromp LSU. Rested yesterday and will today. Pneumonia got my strength down. Especially right after RMSF. May walk to the pond from the top of the hill this afternoon as cool.

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-06-2014

Good morning everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. Today, we're looking at the mid-90's, but things change by tomorrow with rain in the forecast for the next three days. And I was just about ready to get the vehicles over to the car wash... Guess I'll wait a few more days now....

Our house is in the condition for showings, and we had two yesterday. The big problem is that we can't find anything. Stuff has to be hidden in drawers and cabinets and finding where we put it all can be challenging. And so it goes that way until we sell. We still have no idea where we're going to move to, we looked around at new houses some yesterday but the areas were too remote for us. And so the quest continues....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-06-2014

very windy here-force 7'ish certainly bringing the leaves off , now its raining , went shopping this morning , coming off the parking area the guy behind is getting impatient trying to pass , we then joined the main road (30 zone) he's still trying - sitting on my rear bumper , at that there is a T junction , with a dark grey car waiting to join the traffic - I recognized the car , at this the guy behind saw his chance to pass , off he goes crosses the double lines - next all hell let loose sirens howling - you've guessed the grey car was our local police under cover traffic car Icon_lol

take care , stay in and keep warm

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-06-2014

Morning. Chilly and nice fall day. Off to get chest x-ray. Then County Commissioners followed by Town Board. Rest of the week till Friday, mainly rest. Friday, go east and insure hunting camp ready. Sat., opening day of rifle season. If raining [could], come home.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 10-06-2014

mr bachmann Wrote:very windy here-force 7'ish certainly bringing the leaves off , now its raining , went shopping this morning , coming off the parking area the guy behind is getting impatient trying to pass , we then joined the main road (30 zone) he's still trying - sitting on my rear bumper , at that there is a T junction , with a dark grey car waiting to join the traffic - I recognized the car , at this the guy behind saw his chance to pass , off he goes crosses the double lines - next all hell let loose sirens howling - you've guessed the grey car was our local police under cover traffic car Icon_lol

take care , stay in and keep warm
Yes I saw that we seem to have one of those too up here in Highland - ours is also dark silvery- grey with POLICE on the sides and rear(but not the bonnet) in what can only be described as "camouflage" lettering - it is about 3 shades darker than the car colour - crafty!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-06-2014

Hello Blue
Just checking in.
Mostly cloudy at 55 degrees.
Sun was out for a little while so I cut the front grass, The back can wait.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-06-2014

Good afternoon. It's 67° with 86% humidity. The high will be 75° with a high chance of rain.
[Image: cond90.jpg]

Was feeling almost like seasick last night so I took a Dramamine tablet before bed. Woke up around an hour ago. No plans for today except to stay dry.

[Image: DSCN3357.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3353.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3343.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-06-2014

Good evening all.

Yesterday when pulling up to the security gate at work I was surprised by the biggest deer running threw the exit gate. It was a doe and was pretty tall and fat. I am not a hunter so I do not know when deer season is or when they mate but it sure was not skinny or underfed. I am used to seeing deer in the city but they usually are scrawny from loss of habitat(fields and wooded areas) and the farm fields they raid are rapidly being developed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October is here and so are the fall temps and rain, not much color here in the trees as most are green still and the ones that did change went from green to brown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have not had a chance to do anything train related lately. I did download the Oct. issue of MRH and plan to read it shortly.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-07-2014

Morning all. Sunny and cool but warming into the 80's this week. Big surprise. Opening day of gun season in NC has been second Sat. in Oct. for years. So all of us were planning to go Friday night to the camper, hunt Sat. I was planning on going back next week for a few says [no meetings week]. SURPRISE!!! Friend Fred happened to look in the regulations manual as bow season was delayed a week this year. So is gun season. :o It opens the next Sat. Pam planned our trip to Gettysburg so I could hunt opening day and the next week. Nope, gone opening day. Wallbang Will hunt the next week and canceled all my meetings. Going to do something for me for a change. Town can wait.

Off to try and get xray today. Yes, Dr.'s ofc. screwed up order. Got there. They hadn't sent [was suppose to be done last Friday afternoon]. Then they sent it to wrong place after I had discussed which center I was. Not good.

Need to mow but really don't feel like it this AM.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-07-2014

AF350 Wrote:Good evening all.

Yesterday when pulling up to the security gate at work I was surprised by the biggest deer running threw the exit gate. It was a doe and was pretty tall and fat. I am not a hunter so I do not know when deer season is or when they mate but it sure was not skinny or underfed. I am used to seeing deer in the city but they usually are scrawny from loss of habitat(fields and wooded areas) and the farm fields they raid are rapidly being developed.

I'm not a deer man but .... <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCsQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mirror.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-news%2Ftheme-park-carnage-lightwater-valley-4345821&ei=vegzVPv1BY6xabvmgIAP&usg=AFQjCNHjUp5Wjxq7xkBVQKLnHdPF64xm4Q&bvm=bv.76943099,d.ZWU">http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 3099,d.ZWU</a><!-- m -->

that apart have a great day Icon_lol

alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-07-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 46 degrees.
Nothing new in my train world so just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-07-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:...Will hunt the next week and canceled all my meetings. Going to do something for me for a change. Town can wait.

Off to try and get xray today. Yes, Dr.'s ofc. screwed up order. Got there. They hadn't sent [was suppose to be done last Friday afternoon]. Then they sent it to wrong place after I had discussed which center I was. Not good.

Need to mow but really don't feel like it this AM.

Have a good one.

Chief, don't blame you one bit, sometimes it's best to do what you WANT to do, not what you HAVE to do.

Around here, the doctor's office gives you the printed order for the blood test, x-ray or whatever and you take it to the appropriate place at a time you agree on. Some things, like ultra-sounds and MRI's require appointments, but x-rays are on a first come, first serve basis and you have the order with you. We also have an option with blood tests to make an appointment on the Internet. The waiting room may be packed when you get there, but if you have an appointment, you get in just as soon as the process the paperwork. We've had the first appointment in the morning, and when they open the doors, there's a long line, but they call our name and we get to go in first.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-07-2014

Walked in to Raleigh Radiology office in Wake Forest. 10 minutes later, walked out. Results in 30 to Dr. Erica [nurse] called and OK now. Keep on the meds.