The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ScrewySqrl - 10-07-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Walked in to Raleigh Radiology office in Wake Forest. 10 minutes later, walked out. Results in 30 to Dr. Erica [nurse] called and OK now. Keep on the meds.

You aren't that far from me, Eagles

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-08-2014

good day every one , the fine weather took me out this morning , to get the joints moving I took a walk along the sea front and the tide was very low the rocks and scars were visible , back now home awaiting the postie with my new Hornby/Arnold N gauge ''Brighton Bell'' ....

the statuette marking the site where the film ''Atonement'' was shot , starring Keira Knightley & James McAvoy , back in 2007 .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-08-2014

ScrewySqrl Wrote:
Chief Eagles Wrote:Walked in to Raleigh Radiology office in Wake Forest. 10 minutes later, walked out. Results in 30 to Dr. Erica [nurse] called and OK now. Keep on the meds.

You aren't that far from me, Eagles

Where are you? Wake Forest? In county? or Rolesville? North Raleigh [800 lb. gorilla Wink ]?

Morning all. Partly cloudy and real warm for this time of the year. Not much happening. Getting a lot of calls from Humana. I have Medicare by Humana and Enhanced version through State Gov't. Health Plan. Open enrollment so they want me to stay. Wink They ask me questions like I am 95 or something. Things like a health nurse visit every six weeks. WOW
Hope all have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-08-2014

Went to see the doc today. The news isn't good. Looks looks like my left foot is gonna be going the way of the right one.

[Image: DSCN3320.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-08-2014

Geeze RB, that's really not good news. You've been fighting that battle too long, and we thought you might have won. Let's hope they can do something more before they go that route....

Chief, that would depend, it might not be so bad to have a pretty, young nurse stop by to hold your hand and take your pulse once in a while... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ScrewySqrl - 10-08-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Where are you? Wake Forest? In county? or Rolesville? North Raleigh [800 lb. gorilla Wink ?

I'm in Northeast Raleigh, right off Capital Blvd. But Only for another 2-3 months.

My big news is that the better half and I have just bought a house in southeast Raleigh. we picked up a new house someone else backed out of, so it'll be ready in a couple months. tentative close date is Dec 17.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-09-2014

Good morning folks, a bit wet out right now. Yesterday was kind of hit and miss. The rain hit a mile or so from our house and all but missed us until last night. They're talking about more rain this morning, clearing up by this afternoon. My way of forecasting is that when you stick you hand out the door and it gets wet, it's raining out, otherwise, it's not.

Strange happening yesterday. In the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas, we are required to have our vehicle's emissions checked every two years if it is more than five years old. We've gone there before and spent a hour or more in line waiting to get checked. Yesterday, the had an "OBD only" line open with three cars in front of us and by some miraculous happening, none of them had a problem, nor did we. All they do is plug into the vehicle's OBD connector, then check your gas cap... and of course, take the $20 fee, so our total time there was less than 15 minutes, including waiting in line. Eek ... Probably some sort of record, but then maybe the rain has something to do with it. Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-09-2014

Morning. Sunny but not as hot and humid as yesterday. Will go rake acorns in a few for tomorrows trip down east. Got meetings this afternoon and tonight.

Daz, we have to do that every year before renewing plates. Now have to pay county property taxes on vehicle at the time of renewal.

ScrewySqrl Wrote:
Chief Eagles Wrote:Where are you? Wake Forest? In county? or Rolesville? North Raleigh [800 lb. gorilla Wink ?

I'm in Northeast Raleigh, right off Capital Blvd. But Only for another 2-3 months.

My big news is that the better half and I have just bought a house in southeast Raleigh. we picked up a new house someone else backed out of, so it'll be ready in a couple months. tentative close date is Dec 17.

Good luck on the move. Have to give me a call [cell on Town's web site] and get together. Not member of American Legion are you. Transferred to Wake Forest Post and will go to first meeting tonight.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-09-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning. Sunny but not as hot and humid as yesterday. Will go rake acorns in a few for tomorrows trip down east. Got meetings this afternoon and tonight.

Daz, we have to do that every year before renewing plates. Now have to pay county property taxes on vehicle at the time of renewal...

We used to pay the emissions check fee when we sent in our tag renewal, but I guess the emissions people didn't trust the state to forward the money to them so we pay separately, but at least we can renew by mail or phone. The renewal tax is calculated at 90% of the previous year's tax. it takes a long time for it to become reasonable though, I think when we bought our 2007 Mercury SUV new, the plates ran over %500 a year. Now they're down to $178, but that includes a $25/year fee for having EZDAYS on our plate. The truck has BZDAYS plates so we can tell the difference as to which one is which Icon_lol ... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-09-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 45 I think.
It was windy here yesterday but I did get the grass cut.
Trimming can wait till I feel like doing it.
Our chat last night ran right into bed time.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-09-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, 46, and a few sprinkles in the area. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 50s.

Had another chemo treatment yesterday. My Fair lady is feeling fairly well this morning. On Monday we had a second opinion from another doctor who unfortunately agreed with the first one. Right now the drug we are taking appears to at least be holding the cancer at bay but it's only a matter of time until that loses it's effectiveness. Who knows what will happen after that. There is a clinical trial that my wife might be eligible for. We are investigating that.

In other news, the new phones arrived and one of this morning's projects is to get all the phone numbers programmed in to it. Also on tap is to repair some caulking around a window upstairs, put some laundry away, and clean the house. Visitors will be arriving tomorrow afternoon (granddaughter and family). That means I will also have to get the leaves cleaned up in the back yard so we can run the train.

Chief - we have a number of oak trees in our neighborhood but apparently our tree is going through acornopause because we didn't get any this year while the neighbors got a ton.

RB - prayers for the challenges you face.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-09-2014

My temp today is 208.4. I getting ready to call my sister to take me to the ER. See y'all when I see ya.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-09-2014

Don
We have to get both ours checked this year as they're 7 years old. We did the Ford on renewal day; had to go out as we hadn't twigged to it. Very quick with no wait -- or problems. The RV will need it done later. (The car renews on my wife's birthday in July. I thought that I'd put the tag on in nice weather. Slipped up with the RV and it renews on my birthday in Dec.)

Our 2 previous RVs didn't need an inspection as they were over 20 years old. Go figure.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 10-09-2014

When body temperature reaches 106 vital organs begin to shut down. When body temp reaches 109 death occurs. even at 108 you could not be posting or making phone calls

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-09-2014

Got it down to 103.4 with an an ice bath and drinking ice water.