The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-03-2014

Steamtrains Wrote:Jeff...That's a neat little shack (Stores)...How did you weather the wood..?? (I presume it IS wood...)
Fooled you. It's paper with a wood frame. It's a paper kit structure I downloaded from the net years ago.

Good afternoon. It's 85° with 61% humidity. For here that's almost dry. Cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. The high will be 92°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond30.jpg]

Got the doc appointment out of the way. Got a good report about the lab work last month. Got an appointment on the ninth to have an ultrasound done to see what my gall stones are up to.

Got eight new snap mouse traps for my fathers place and made my loan payment for this month. Last but not least got grocery shopping done. Got plenty of money left for gas.

No plans for today. Just lay back and watch some movies and maybe play a computer game or two.

[Image: P1010002-12.jpg]

[Image: newwal1.jpg]

[Image: up1624-L1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-03-2014

I have the Model builders software and a couple of clever models dvd's with a bunch of printable card stock files "structures"

With Model builder you can custom design and print out an almost endless amount of unique buildings as everything is customizable even windows doors as well as wall material, you can make background buildings or full structures. You can even layer buildings as a backdrop scene and also can import your own details(signs etc.) Clever models has a series of dvd's with printable buildings.

I have not played around with either in awhile, I did print out a white castles building but have not assembled yet(need to make a frame to keep the cardstock from caving in).

Doing a bunch of Laundry for parents, mom is coming home from hospital this evening. May finish up or try to complete a few modeling projects sometime today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-03-2014

Good evening. The temp here is an agreeable 73° but the humidity is a damp feeling 83%. The possibility of thunderstorms is 50/50.

This morning was taken up by the doc appointment and grocery shopping. I gave my father a check to drop at the loan company then he went to pick up some mouse traps. That pretty much blew the morning. As for the afternoon I watched a couple of movies and got a couple hours of sleep. Later I looked around on eBay and found a package of two Imagwriter printer ribbons for $6.99 with free shipping. Think I was gonna pass that up? I expect to have those in hand no later than Wednesday. The disk drive I bought on the first should also be here no later than Wednesday. It left Springfield Massachusetts this morning.

No computer games were played today.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P9240008.jpg]

[Image: Imag0008-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6601.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-03-2014

Hurricane real close and we can't get measurable rain. Wallbang Real breezy. That's a hurricane for you. Rotation pushes heaviest rain to the east of the eye.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-04-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Hurricane real close and we can't get measurable rain. Wallbang Real breezy. That's a hurricane for you. Rotation pushes heaviest rain to the east of the eye.

Sleep tight.
Same thing happened when Rita hit here in '05. Lots of wind and destruction but since the eye was east of us there was hardly any rain in our neck of the woods. However there was enough to make a real mess of a large part of my layout from water pouring in through a hole where the wind ripped off part of a roof panel.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-04-2014

Good morning. It's 70° with 91% humidity. The high will be 92°. There's a small chance of showers and thunderstorms
[Image: cond20.jpg]. Morning: [Image: condmc-1.jpg]. Afternoon: [Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Happy 4th of July!

No plans for today other than the usual. I'm waiting for the Home Health nurse to call. This last wound vac dressing has done extremely well. I didn't have to any repairs to it at all. If only they could all be like that. I'll likely get in at least one game of Star Fleet 1 and a few movies. I have one on right now called 'The Man Who Knew Too Little'. It's been somewhat entertaining so far. Then again Bill Murray has seldom been a disappointment. As for any festivities today, I guess it's whatever the family comes up with. For me it's pretty much just another day.

[Image: P9200006.jpg]

[Image: Imag0003-2.jpg]

[Image: Imag0009.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-04-2014

Good Morning Blue
Have a safe but fun holiday
We have sun and temps in the 70s today. Should be comfortable.
A 3 day mini vacation to the shores of Lake Michigan.
Meandered through some tourist/resort towns and took a wild sand dune ride.
If your ever in the SW corner of lower Michigan, don't miss that ride.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-04-2014

Good morning all. Up early and then went back to sleep. Seems good to rest up some. Sunny, breezy and cooler. Low humidity.

Hope all have plenty of good food and fun today. Happy 4th to all.

Going to water garden and plants. Yes, hurricane came by and no rain. Some down east got too much. We are lucky compared to them.

Got a big 4th thingy at the Farmers' Market tonight.

Sir J, have a good and safe trip.

Later

Just checked on the status of the disk drive I bought on the first. It's already in Shreveport so I'll likely have it tomorrow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-04-2014

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 66 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 70s.

Not much planned for today. I need to get the yard mowed and trimmed. Then we'll be getting out both the freight train and the Afternoon Special for the Backyard and Southern. Supper will consist of brats cooked over the fire pit, potato salad, deviled eggs, and other assorted goodies. Fireworks here will be tomorrow night. Our city council decided to have the fireworks on Saturday night in order not to compete with the numerous smaller towns around us.

Chief - glad to hear you are on the mend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-04-2014

Good morning and a happy Fourth of July to all here in the USA. Everyone else can enjoy the day as well. Thumbsup Lots of BBQ, grillin' and beer drinking for many to the point that the DUI task force is out once again stopping drives coming from the lakes and other recreational areas. They even have patrol boats in the lakes and have cited boat operators for DUI, so it pays to be careful.

Well, we had our first monsoon storm yesterday. A big one in some areas, we got dust, followed by lightning and a decent amount of rain. Enough that the vehicles in the driveway were clean and not pockmarked with dirt and sometimes happens. This time we lost our satellite signal, but it was time to go to bed anyway. Wink The Arizona Republic newspaper has a video showing how our dust storms (now called haboobs) build up. You can see that video right here, it's just 18 seconds long, but it looks time-lapsed so it might have been ten or so minutes actual time. The forecasters say we are in store for the same, every day for at least the next week. 2285_

Chief, I'm glad you didn't get much attention from Arthur, I feel for those that did. The weather has been more than quirky this year, bone dry here (until last night), floods, hurricanes and tornadoes in other parts of the country.

Have a great weekend, and a great holiday for those that are celebrating. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 07-04-2014

Morning all well lets change that to afternoon as by time I post this it probably will be here on the east coast. Happy 4th of July train Waveof7 548 to our nation Need to get moving but just not happening Icon_lol need to start removing the curves from the shelf layout so I can use them on a small second level on my main layout and put O-54 curves up on the shelf layout. There's O-42 up there now which will fit just right on the second level. Also need to stain and mount a shelf above the mantle or you might want to call it a second mantle as it will be the same size and the mounting brackets will be the same as I traced them out and cut them out of the extra piece off of the 2x6 I'm using for the shelf.

A friend on another forum sent me a new coil ballast resistor for my van. I installed it this morning hoping that it would solve the hot starting problem I have with it. All I needed to test it was a hot start situation. Got that when my niece called to ask me to go to her house and turn the water off (leaking water heater). I knew that was going to take a bit as the hole where the cutoff valve is almost always needs to be dug out. I left the vans engine running while I took care of that then came back home and shut it down. I waited about an hour then went out to start it again. Nope, no start. It'll crank over, there's spark but no ignition. Spraying starting fluid in the carb does nothing. It's so hot in there that the fluid very quickly boils out. After it cools down for a few hours it'll kick right over.

Good evening. 76° and 91% humidity. Mostly clear with no mention of rain. None of that in the forecast until Monday.

Well, several have suggested it and I have to agree with them. I believe the vans engine is tired, worn out. It has enough compression to start when the engine is cold and it can burn the tires pretty good if I let it. But when the engine is hot it doesn't have enough compression to pull the fuel down into the cylinders. No way can I afford to rebuild it so maybe find a descent one for a low price. In the meantime I'll try something that I've been toying with. Shooting compressed air down into the carb while cranking to force the fuel down to the cylinders. Might work, might not. I won't know til I try.

The nurse came by this morning and put a new wound vac dressing on. She did a terrible job. So far, just today I've used an entire sheet of drape (the adhesive film) to repair it and keep it together. One sheet is about eleven inches by seventeen inches in size. That's the equivalent of two regular sheets of paper.

Cleaned some of the clutter off the layout extension and pulled the //e closer to the edge, almost to the track so I can reach the keyboard more easily. Checked the postal tracking earlier and I see the disk drive I bought for $28.99 Tuesday is looking like it'll be here tomorrow. Sooner than I expected. I hope it doesn't go to Columbia Louisiana like some items have in the past. That would add two or three days to the delivery.

Watched a couple of movies and played one game of Star Fleet 1. I'm in the process of playing another one now.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P9160001.jpg]

[Image: P1010002.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6323.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-05-2014

Morning all. Sunny, cooler and low humidity. Wifey and I are off to IHOP for a few. Then Home Depot delivering loaner dryer. New one died after 2 minutes of operation. LG can't get one here until Friday. Home Depot doing good customer service.

Later