The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-13-2014

Move post-poned til tomorrow. No time known.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chuck - 10-13-2014

Sorry to hear you are having medical issues, RB. Prayers for a speedy recovery! You are one tough vet, and you have a lot of people thinking about you and praying for you. Get well soon!

Chuck

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-13-2014

ezdays Wrote:Good morning everyone, and a happy Columbus Day to all in the US of A. Well, some states have changed the name to such things as, "Founder's Day", but the meaning is still there regardless.

A bit chilly today, we went to breakfast and it was 61 and breezy. Highs for the next ten days are in the high 80's to low 90's. Typical for this time of the year. We are starting to see a parade of large motor homes, usually pulling a small car or pickup truck with bikes strapped to the back. It must be getting cold back home where they are coming from. The flight of the snowbirds has started.... I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, it just means longer lines at the stores and Post Office and up close store parking is out of the question, at least until spring. We won't even discuss the increase in the traffic... Nope

RB, get better real quickly, you have lots of friends pulling and praying for you. It's amazing how resilient you are. Thumbsup
Shouldn't that be "Finder's Day"?

(Sorry for extra copy; I don't seem to be able to highlight and delete on this iPad.)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-13-2014

Hello Blue
Just finished chat.
We had 70 degrees today and same for tomorrow but lots of rain expected.
Got some work done on the layout today. All loops are in working order.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-14-2014

BR60103 Wrote:Shouldn't that be "Finder's Day"?

(Sorry for extra copy; I don't seem to be able to highlight and delete on this iPad.)

Don't know, but "Founder Day" would honor Columbus without actually putting his name on it. I understand that up in Seattle they are calling it, "indigenous American Day", I guess because it was our native Americans that were here first. I guess we could really call it Leif Erikson Day, but then I understand there is already a day for that.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-14-2014

Morning. Partly cloudy. Showers in the forecast. Government has gone way too far. Folks afraid they might step on someone's toes. Then a minority tries to cause a stir. Tired of it. Dentist this AM. All cleaned up for 6 months. Lunch meeting and then haircut. Garden Club tonight. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-14-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, 46, and very windy today. high supposed to be about 60.

Got all my chores done yesterday plus a few extra. This morning I've already taken the cans and bottles back. Next up is a trip to the gym. This afternoon I'll knock out a few more chores and hopefully have time to watch a movie.

Continuing prayers for RB as he faces struggles in his road ahead.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-14-2014

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.
Mr. B - I agree. Love seeing the pictures, not only of the trains but of the country in general. It's nice to see pictures of everyday life, not just what the tourism board wants you to see . All stay safe. Tom

thanks , glad you enjoy , to-days pic's would not make the broacher's Thumbsup
(this morning 14 Oct.)

Take care all , Alan .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-14-2014

Hello Blue
We have 70 degrees but waiting for the rain to push it away.
Weatherman says it's getting closer.
Local store had some nice Lionel scale box cars on sale, but I just didn't have a need for more.
Michigan road names too. Sad
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-14-2014

Finally transfered to Leesville Rehab
Hospotital.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-14-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Finally transfered to Leesville Rehab
Hospotital.

Somehow I think you were looking forward to that. I'm sure I speak for a lot of us here on Big Blue when I wish you the best and for a quick recovery. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-15-2014

Morning. BIG pouring rains this AM. A little thunder. Got a luncheon I have been invited to attend. Another free meal. Thumbsup Regional transportation meeting later today.

RB, enjoy it there. Bet they feed you good.

Taking it easy. PD got new Explorer pursuit vehicles and they are "decaled" up pretty. Nice.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-15-2014

Take it easy RB , and hands off the nurse's Icon_lol keep in touch .

nothing much happening - apart a food shopping spree , not a bad day now yesterdays rain has cleared .

more N scale stuff ...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-15-2014

Good morning all. Nice fall weather here, temps in the low 60's for early morning and right around 90 later in the day. Normal for this time of the year. Not much going on, it's getting more crowded every day as the snowbirds come flocking back. Almost impossible to find a parking spot at the Post office yesterday. That usually happens when people are either picking up their forwarded mail, or making arrangement for doing so. Lines at the counter are absurd. Fortunately, there are two of those do-it-yourself machines in the lobby and you can bypass the line if you have a package to mail, or even getting stamps printed. Yeah, they don't dispense regular stamps, they print them out on sticky-back labels.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-15-2014

Good Morning Blue
We had a day of rain, now we have sun and 60 degrees.
As for the snow birds, I've said it before, I would bet money the business' look forward to their arrival.
A little train work yesterday, some TV and a chat before bedtime.
Happy Hump Day
S.J.