The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 10-15-2014

Mornin', been a bit damp around here the last couple of days.
Not sure about the rain we're having. The neighbor down the street, one of the local TV weather guessers, is building a fairly large wood boat in his back yard....... is it just a coincidence that his name is Noah?, or should I be concerned? Wink :o Big Grin Icon_twisted
The local "Retention Pond", is already overflowing. Hey, it's October in Chicagoland, it could have been snow Eek Eek

Actually , The "boatbuilder" is me, and the boat is an HO scale 65' luxury yacht, based on photos in the April 2013 "Wooden Boat" magazine. Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-15-2014

Sumpter250 Wrote:Actually , The "boatbuilder" is me, and the boat is an HO scale 65' luxury yacht, based on photos in the April 2013 "Wooden Boat" magazine. Smile

now that sounds interesting , pictures please - of the build and when finished Thumbsup

well its almost bedtime , catch you all tomorrow .

Alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-16-2014

Morning all. Cloudy and cooler. Guess it is to clear off. 2.1" of rain yesterday. Not much happening today. Get ready to hit the road to Gettysburg tomorrow AM.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-16-2014

Good morning everyone, knowing that for a lot of you, it's mid-morning or even pushing noon. Not being a world traveler, that never occurs to me except when I want to talk to someone on the east coast. Anyway, another delightful day in store for us here in the desert southwest. We are going out with our RE agent today for the first time to look at houses. We've had a few showings, like the one last night where they said "between five and six", and showed up almost an hour late, just after we turned off all the lights and closed the blinds. A simple phone call to tell us they were running late would have worked just fine, but some agents don't seen to care or understand what a homeowner goes through to get a house ready to show to prospective buyers. They want every light in the house turned on regardless of what time of the day it is, all drapes and blinds need to be open, no personal items should be laying around and basically, it should look like a model home where no one is living there. Oh yeah, we need to be able to do all this on a moments notice and be out of sight when they're showing the house. Those are the rules we are living by right now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-16-2014

Good Morning Blue
It is gloomy and 55 this morning
A whole heap of leaves fell overnight.
We don't have any trees but our neighbors share their leaves with us.
No toy train news this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-16-2014

aaaar , just deleted what took me 10 min's ' Sad :oops: Nope - will post tomorrow . take care guys

heres the local train shop layout .

alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-16-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 64 headed for a high of 71. Then tomorrow the wind switches around to the north at 25-30 mph with a high in the mid 50s.

So far today I've been to see our financial adviser, made a trip to the gym, and did a couple loads of laundry. After lunch I need to run to Walmart for a few things.

SJ - it's nice that your neighbors are so kind to you

Alan - don't feel too bad. We've all done it at one time or another.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-16-2014

A doctor from the Hanger Prosthetic clinic came today and applied a shrinker to my stump. After it gets shrunk down a certain amount they'll design a prosthesis to fit it and get me back on my feet again.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 10-16-2014

Hope all goes well, rehab is quick and easy, and life gets better. Thumbsup Big Grin Big Grin Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-16-2014

RB: Things seem to be progressing at a good pace. That has to be encouraging. Thumbsup

Take care, and take it easy, I'm sure you can use the rest.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-16-2014

Don
When we were selling our house, in winter, we would load our cats into the car and head off for a park. We didn't set up the house ... The best we could do was clear the O and G layouts out of the middle of the basement.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-17-2014

ezdays Wrote:RB: Things seem to be progressing at a good pace. That has to be encouraging. Thumbsup

There are people here who look to me for their inspiration. If I can accomplish what I need to get done without feet, what's stopping them?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-17-2014

BR60103 Wrote:Don
When we were selling our house, in winter, we would load our cats into the car and head off for a park. We didn't set up the house ... The best we could do was clear the O and G layouts out of the middle of the basement.

Sometimes I wonder just how much agents expect us to do. We live in a clean house, even before we went on the market, so we don't have that much to do, yet if there's any signs of someone actually living in the house, they think that takes away their chances of selling it. You're right though, staying in the house is really awkward.

Running Bear Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:RB: Things seem to be progressing at a good pace. That has to be encouraging. Thumbsup

There are people here who look to me for their inspiration. If I can accomplish what I need to get done without feet, what's stopping them?

Yeah, I think a lot of folks take inspiration from how you keep a steady pace regardless of the roadblocks you encounter along the way.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-17-2014

Good Morning Blue
It's cloudy and 56
No train news this morning, I am eagerly waiting York reports but not much news coming in yet.
A good chat with Charlie, Brutus and RT last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-17-2014

good day all , summer has returned - this weather is crazy !

its nice to here from RB , glad you are feeling yourself and looking towards the future - take it easy .
going to see the in-laws I think I've timed it right -its tea time 1!!

King Edward V11 memorial clock.
the town clock built or nearly not built to commemorate the new king , then put on hold ,but as time passed the king passed away so the town folk collected for a penny a brick until they had enough to build the clock - it did not belong to the local authority . Officially opened 29Jan 1913 , all was well until the 1970's when a new council took over several local smaller town councils , there was to be a massive re-development in the town and the clock was in the way Eek , but the town people objected , then it was announced that it was t be removed to the nearby Kirkletham Museum , there was uproar amongst the town folk - after all it was the peoples clock and not the councils - meanwhile along came the millennium , so the council decided to give the town a new clock - this did not go down well so a committee was formed and the local people sold shares to buy a brick ( just like in the beginning) to repair the clock 500 was their goal and all the shares was sold , together with a grant from the lottery the town clock was restored and sits pride of place in the High Street ( the council and bus company still say its in the way Goldth )
up until the 1980's the clock was in the centre of the roundabout - but as bus got bigger the road was straightened out .