The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-17-2014

Good morning, temp right now at around 9 AM is in the mid-60's, a bit chilly for us. Humidity and dew points are in the mid-40's, not high enough for rain, ans surprising enough, there is none in the forecast... Which means it could get wet out regardless of what they say. Speaking of that, we've all been a bit critical of these weather forecasters, and I found today's Shoe cartoon that shows that were are not the only ones. This reflects my sentiments, I could not have said it better:

[Image: 55f891c030840132a3de005056a9545d]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 10-17-2014

Cheers

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted 357 357 357 Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 10-17-2014

Don, when I read SHOE in the paper this morning, I swear I believed that was you answering ZOO DOO. Icon_lol

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-17-2014

I love that shoe cartoon! Either a job with th weather channel or a posting in congress!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ScrewySqrl - 10-17-2014

ezdays Wrote:Good morning, temp right now at around 9 AM is in the mid-60's, a bit chilly for us. Humidity and dew points are in the mid-40's, not high enough for rain, ans surprising enough, there is none in the forecast... Which means it could get wet out regardless of what they say. Speaking of that, we've all been a bit critical of these weather forecasters, and I found today's Shoe cartoon that shows that were are not the only ones. This reflects my sentiments, I could not have said it better:

[Image: 55f891c030840132a3de005056a9545d]

Running Bear Wrote:I love that shoe cartoon! Either a job with th weather channel or a posting in congress!

Better yet: a Pundit. No other job allows you to be completely wrong 100% of the time, and still be 1) paid and 2) respected

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-17-2014

A column in the paper this morning said that stock market performance has predicted nine of the last five recessions.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-17-2014

yellowlynn Wrote:Don, when I read SHOE in the paper this morning, I swear I believed that was you answering ZOO DOO. Icon_lol

Lynn

Have I been that hard on the Weather Channel?????????? 357 357 Well, if I have they deserve it... Misngth

BR60103 Wrote:A column in the paper this morning said that stock market performance has predicted nine of the last five recessions.

I like those odds. 35 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-17-2014

Good evening all,

Got a letter from Teamsters announcing turkey giveaway for union members 2285_ , at work on my day off Icon_lol The ones they gave away last year were honeysuckle (honeysuckle and Butterball are the two main brands of frozen turkeys here).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replaced a sink, vanity and fhauset for parents, then got Arby's for diner(beef & Chedder and fries and onion rings) Popcornbeer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shoe is a pretty good comic strip, I read Dilbert, Shermans lagoon, Red and rover, Far side, 9 Chicweed lane (the siamese cat is a ringer for one of the cats I had), Calvin and Hobbs, Haggar the horible, Beetle Baily. I collect Books of Dibert and Beetle Baily.

Not much else going on here train wise or any thing else.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-18-2014

Take it frpm me, you can accomplish whatever you put your mind to. I just finished working on an Athearn powered Varney F3.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-18-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 46 this morning outside my window. High for today is supposed to be near 60.

It's been fairly quiet around here for the last couple of days. On tap for today is another crop of leaves. We had winds up to about 40 mph the other day so there are quite a few to be gathered. It will probably take me two days.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-18-2014

Good morning everyone, I hope your weekend is going well for you all. Weather-wise here, gee, I'm not sure. You wonder why I'm so critical of the weather reporting people, here we have the TV weather-girl reporting a good 20% chance of rain today, yet the Weather Channel says it's really 0%. Icon_lol I ask you, who do you believe and how do they come up with such different forecasts? Well, I'm still going to go out and clean up the truck today, that would almost guarantee that the TV forecaster will be right. Eek

As far as reading the comic strips everyday, I still get the daily newspaper and never miss reading the comic pages. Years ago, when they shut down the evening paper, we had three pages of strips, a combination from both papers. Over the years, they cut that down to two pages, dropping a lot of strips, then a while back they cut that down by moving other things such as columns and puzzles there, while dropping even more strips. They did the same on Sunday, cutting down from six pages to four. Fortunately, there is a plethora of strips on the Net, and so I can read the ones that they stopped printing. I remember writing to the paper once and asking them why they don't cut out one page of the sports section and just leave the comic strips alone, after all, there may be as many as 20 or more pages in the sports section, and surely, they could spare one of them. Nope They never answered and we still have a thick sports section and a very thin comic section. :cry:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-18-2014

ezdays Wrote:Good

As far as reading the comic strips everyday, I still get the daily newspaper and never miss reading the comic pages. Years ago, when they shut down the evening paper, we had three pages of strips, a combination from both papers. Over the years, they cut that down to two pages, dropping a lot of strips, then a while back they cut that down by moving other things such as columns and puzzles there, while dropping even more strips. They did the same on Sunday, cutting down from six pages to four. Fortunately, there is a plethora of strips on the Net, and so I can read the ones that they stopped printing. I remember writing to the paper once and asking them why they don't cut out one page of the sports section and just leave the comic strips alone, after all, there may be as many as 20 or more pages in the sports section, and surely, they could spare one of them. Nope They never answered and we still have a thick sports section and a very thin comic section. :cry:
As my father says, you gotta read the 'educational' secrion.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-18-2014

at least the forum background is blue - unlike the sky here !!! , but its dry and a warm southerly breeze , but the weather man says we are in for strong westerly winds coming across the Atlantic next week or so ,
to-days ....
Eek the sweet innocent grandchildren have been in the garage and found the corking gun and granddads decorators filler and silicone , they have had a great time - but lucky they have missed the car , but the bench is full of the white stuff - they was playing icing cakes - but the cake was granddad's toolbox - needles to say after some kind words Curse from granddad , they said "we never come to see granddad again" , I recon they'll be back next week Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-18-2014

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 47 degrees.
The Yorkies will be meandering home today, looking forward to more news of the event.
We go in April but still feel like we are there at the fall show.
Collage football and a nap are on my schedule for today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 10-18-2014

ezdays Wrote:I remember writing to the paper once and asking them why they don't cut out one page of the sports section and just leave the comic strips alone, after all, there may be as many as 20 or more pages in the sports section, and surely, they could spare one of them. Nope They never answered and we still have a thick sports section and a very thin comic section. :cry:

Eek Sad This great society of ours is in its " Gladiatorial Games Phase ". Sad Wink