The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-18-2014

Had an excellent lunch today. Barbeque pork chops' navy beans salad, bisquets. Dinner is still a mystery.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-18-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Had an excellent lunch today. Barbeque pork chops' navy beans salad, bisquets. Dinner is still a mystery.

Sometimes, dinner at some medical facilities can be a mystery, even after you've eaten it.... 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-18-2014

Doc decided I neede more antibiotics last night so he left an order for more last night. The nurse set everything up and it's all runnining great, including the three foot infusion line between me and the iv pump. Real comical that.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-19-2014

Good morning all, nice day in store says the weather people. Well, I cleaned up the truck yesterday, inside and out and I guess the Weather Channel people won out. That and the fact that it always rains after you get your vehicle washed and cleaned up just didn't happen. No rain, not a drop here, Nope so even the TV people were right, they said 20% of rain, so they had an 80% chance of being correct this time. Icon_lol Can you imagine this happening in any other profession. "Well, there's a 40% chance that when I take out your appendix, you will feel better", says the doctor. Or, "there's a 50% chance that the gadget that we just sold you will work", says the engineer that designed it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-19-2014

dry but very windy here in my part of UK , looks like its the tail end of hurricane from Caribbean area .
nothing much happening , having a lazy day .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-19-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sunny but only 37 degrees.
I'm not ready for this yet.
A gloomy Saturday made it a good day for football and a nap.
Well at least the teams I like won their games.
Lions play today, I will sneak a nap somewhere in the middle
No train news, The new MTH catalog is a no sale for me.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-19-2014

Home [finally]. Wifey and Sister-IL had to stop three times coming home. They [not traffic] made me late.

Gone hunting until Tuesday night.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-19-2014

We are now on our way back from New York -- actually 3 weeks camping in Jersey City.

Motor Home wouldn't start this morning. Battery dead. Fortunately, we have emergency power from the house battery. The GPS was also dead. Would leaving it plugged in and on for 3 weeks drain the truck battery?

We have a small collection of PATH fare cards with money left on them. Anybody interested? They'll expire before we come back.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-20-2014

I had a great nights sleep last night. Right up to midnight when very disturbing imagry from my years as a First Responder made further sleep impossible. So I've been up roaming
the halls of the hospital and watching TV in dining\recreation room. It's been peaceful enough. Once in a one of of the nurses brings me my meds or needs to put on another iv of something or another. I have lab work.around 6am. I'm looking forward to that like root canal surgery. Until then I can't have anything to eat. I can however have all the water I want. After 'the lab work comes breakfast. I have no idea what.s on the list of road kill.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-20-2014

hang in there RB , hospital food - your loving every meal off it :mrgreen:

another lazy day to-day , its very windy out doors - just hope there's no structural damage .
to relive the boredom I've re-wired the airbrush compressor and put a on/off switch on. It'll make things a bit easier.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-20-2014

Hello Blue
No train news, just a football weekend.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-20-2014

Rainy dismal day and evening here. No severe weather only one flash of lightning and one crack of thunder but lots of short bursts of rain, the power went out for a few seconds(just enough to dim the lights).

The Cadillac I was interested in is still sitting at the lot. Unless I have a windfall or hit the lottery I will pass on it.

The events for the day are limited to doing some reading and taking some small naps here and there(with all the rain this is all the day is worth).

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-21-2014

Good morning all, I hope your week is going well for you. Weather-wise, we're looking at above normal temps with lows in the mid-60's and highs up to the mid-90's. Next week looks like we'll be down into normal, dropping around 10 degrees from where we are now. We'll be happy when we can turn off the A/C. Our electric bills are still pushing $200. That's one reason we're moving, got to downsize to something more reasonable. The big thing is, what the heck are we going to do with all the stuff we have now? Even after a yard sale, we've got way more stuff than we need, or can fit into a smaller house. :cry: Oh well, we'll figure something out when the time comes. We've been looking around and have seen a few houses that would work for us, just that the locations were a bit too far out for us. I cannot believe the small pockets of developments way out of the mainstream and by themselves. Most are in areas that were once farms and I guess the land was cheap, keeping to house prices low enough to make it worthwhile. Still, the tradeoff of having to drive more than five miles to the nearest store or restaurant kind of negates that over time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-21-2014

good day all , its not a bad day here , sunny and windy , the clouds are moving fast keeping the rain off - we've been promised some bad weather - its arrived on the west coast , so it wont be long we , are on east coast - as the crow fly's its about 200 mile .
nothing much happening , have painted the air compressor - with luck it'll last another few years !

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-21-2014

Hello Blue
We have a cloudy 47 degree day.
I need to cut grass and do some more outdoor winterizing stuff.
Waiting for a sunny day that hopefully will be a little warmer.
S.J.