The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-24-2014

And yet more mess,

And 2 more pics of the mess,

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-24-2014

Excellent gumbo today. I had two plates. Made twenty feet on the walker today. Also lifted eighty pounds for seven minutes on the weight machine. Chair exercise, I did thirty wheelchair push-ups.

mr bachmann Wrote:hi gang , RB its great to here you are up and about - remember a Apple a day keeps the doctor away !

In this case an Apple a day keeps RB at play Icon_lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB, glad to hear you are making progress.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got the latest issue of OGR today. Will read later tonight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-24-2014

Just before we left on our New York trip last month, we had our gorgeous little kitty Maggie put down. She had had kidney problems for a couple of years and had lost about 20 pounds and we didn't think she would last the trip, or be able to fend off our other cat.

Today we visited a pet shop and found a neat little cat, about a year old, from the Humane Society.
Meet Marco:

Marco is spending the night in a large combination of cages in a closed room. Our Monty is not happy with the situation, but he seemed lonely.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Ralph - 10-24-2014

Hi David,

Sorry to hear about Maggie. Introducing a new cat to one that already lives in the home can take a little while but they usually manage to work it out. Marco will probably pester Monty with youthful exuberance until the dominance thing is worked out...but then you'll find them sitting side by side on the same chair if our experience with cats bears out.

[Image: IMG_2180_zps3fb362ca.jpg]
Lucy and Sophie, within a couple of weeks of meeting.

Best wishes!
Ralph

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-25-2014

And a good Saturday morning to ya all... I know, it's getting really old, but we're still in the mid to upper 90's, and yesterday we hit the record of 96 Wallbang. We should have more of the same today. Hey there weather-people, it's almost Halloween and it's time to get the jackets out of the closet. :? Give us a bit of hope and at least tell us we'll be in the 70's rather than the 90's. We won't believe you as usual, but we can take some comfort in thinking that you may be right, just once.... Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-25-2014

BR60103 Wrote:Today we visited a pet shop and found a neat little cat, about a year old, from the Humane Society.

David, Thanks for rescuing a fur baby from the humane society.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 10-25-2014

ezdays Wrote:Give us a bit of hope and at least tell us we'll be in the 70's rather than the 90's. We won't believe you as usual, but we can take some comfort in thinking that you may be right, just once.... Icon_lol
Don, I can remember a few 80 degree Halloweens, when I was a kid back in Copiague, N.Y. - - - - - then again, I can also remember a few bitterly cold "Trick-or-treat" adventures. :o Wink 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-25-2014

Sumpter250 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Give us a bit of hope and at least tell us we'll be in the 70's rather than the 90's. We won't believe you as usual, but we can take some comfort in thinking that you may be right, just once.... Icon_lol
Don, I can remember a few 80 degree Halloweens, when I was a kid back in Copiague, N.Y. - - - - - then again, I can also remember a few bitterly cold "Trick-or-treat" adventures. :o Wink 357

I'm not sure that I'll go trick-or-treating this year though. Not only will it be too hot out, but those creaky noises coming from me aren't part of my costume. Nope Eek

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Gumpoleon - 10-25-2014

Hi gang,

Had my 1st operating session for more than a month. Felt good to just switch some cars.
My train had 3 loads I swapped for 4 empties - this took nearly 90 minutes!

lessons learned:
1) don't fill all spurs to capacity during staging.
2) waiting for the imaginary 'man on the ground' to complete his tasks takes getting used to
3) I need practise timing horn blasts before crossing roads
4) Seriously, don't fill the spurs!

Have a grand weekend!

Martin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-25-2014

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 52 headed for an overnight low of 41.

Didn't do much today other than make a run to Walmart and watch some football. Tomorrow I'll be attacking the yard again. It has grown a fresh crop of leaves.

We've had Halloweens where, after the ghosts, goblins, and other assorted creatures have gone home, we would gather in someone's yard for a few refreshments that you can't hand out to the kiddies. There have been others involving ice, power outages for as much as three days, and many fallen branches and some entire trees. There have been Halloweens where the kids have a snowsuit on under the costume. Welcome to Halloween in the remote reaches of northern Iowa.

We won't be handing out treats this year. Due to the chemo, My Fair Lady's immune system is significantly reduced. Just playing it safe.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-26-2014

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

We won't be handing out treats this year. Due to the chemo, My Fair Lady's immune system is significantly reduced. Just playing it safe.
An overdose of antibiotics can do that too. Been there. My system is just getting back to normal.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-26-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 44 degrees.
No toy train news, so just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-26-2014

Still showing signs of improvement. Lifting more weight and doing more push-ups. Physical therapy continues tomorrow. My goal is forty feet on the walker. I'll be happy when my prosthetic leg comes in. therapy continues tomorrow. My goal is forty feet on the walker. I'll be happy when my prosthetic leg comes in.