The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-26-2014

Morning all. A very warm fall day. Not much on the agenda. RB, get well. Recover well. Fiat, prayers.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-26-2014

hi from my part of the UK , its raining , how's that for a weather report !!!
great new RB keep it up and you'll soon be in the driving seat again .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-26-2014

Good morning all, just relaxing before having to go to work this evening.

Mr. Bachmann,

Nice loco and caboose, always liked Rock Island paint scheme.

Interesting sign on building, seems like everyone has a High street, Main street in their town Confusedhock:
Here in Columbus we have a front street downtown which is basically a back street, the only thing it is in front of is the river. We have some odd street names here like East North Broadway. But odd road signs are not unique to here such as the road signs on the Ohio and Kentucky sides of the Ohio river, on the Ohio side it gets hilly in the southeast corner of the state and there are warning signs that say falling rocks, on the Kentucky side the signs say fallen rocks, not sure if it is a grammatical difference or if it is a past tense as there are more and bigger rocks on the road side in Kentucky.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 10-26-2014

Gumpoleon Wrote:Hi gang,

Had my 1st operating session for more than a month. Felt good to just switch some cars.
My train had 3 loads I swapped for 4 empties - this took nearly 90 minutes!

lessons learned:
1) don't fill all spurs to capacity during staging.
2) waiting for the imaginary 'man on the ground' to complete his tasks takes getting used to
3) I need practise timing horn blasts before crossing roads
4) Seriously, don't fill the spurs!

Have a grand weekend!

Martin

It's surprising how a seemingly simple operation can take so long to complete. It happens to me all the time...
My operations in the main yard are further complicated as the main line divides the yard, and the #1 operating rule is: "Don't block the main"... Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-27-2014

Good morning folks, I hope your week starts out well for you and continues that way. For us here, we're back to normal for a few days after two days of record-matching 96 degrees. Those fans attending the Cardinal/Eagle game yesterday had it made with the roof closed an the A/C on, they never sweat... well, they might during a game like yesterday's where it came down to the last play of the game. I rarely watch football anymore, thanks to those overpaid yahoos dancing around the field, making a big deal every time they actually do something to earn their $10,000,000 a year gratuity. Anyway, I did catch most of the last quarter of the game and it was a nail-biter.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-27-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 46 right now headed for69 with a 20% chance of showers later today.

RB - congrats on the progress!

Chief - thank you, much appreciated.

Don - how's the house hunting/ sale progressing?

Mr. B - many thanks for the local pictures. They are much appreciated.

Not much on the schedule for today. Right now I'm awaiting the arrival of the roofers. With any luck they'll be done in one day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-27-2014

Morning all. Chilly but warming. Hit 80's tomorrow. Then maybe first frost Sunday AM. Not much happening Town wise. Got Dr's apt. and then headed east. Hunt this PM and tomorrow AM. Back. Got to go to lake house and plug crawl space vents.

Hope all have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-27-2014

Breakfast was terrible. Felt like I needed a jack hammer for the grits! In physical therapy I made fifty-four feet on the walker. A great accomplishment for a man with no legs.

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

...Don - how's the house hunting/ sale progressing?...

Tom

So far nada. Nope Not much action in showing our house, we're keeping our house ready to show on a moment's notice and we've had very few showings. As for our looking, we find... the right house and wrong neighborhood, or the right neighborhood and wrong house. :cry:

Thanks for asking....

Running Bear Wrote:Breakfast was terrible. Felt like I needed a jack hammer for the grits! In physical therapy I made fifty-four feet on the walker. A great accomplishment for a man with no legs.

Could it be that they're feeding you bad food in hopes that it will make you progress quicker in hopes that you can go home sooner? Wink Great progress though, maybe their plan is working. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-27-2014

ezdays Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:Breakfast was terrible. Felt like I needed a jack hammer for the grits! In physical therapy I made fifty-four feet on the walker. A great accomplishment for a man with no legs.

Could it be that they're feeding you bad food in hopes that it will make you progress quicker in hopes that you can go home sooner? Wink Great progress though, maybe their plan is working. 357
I suspect powdewed eggs!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-27-2014

I suspect the grits! Yuck!

Chief - are you listening?

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 10-27-2014

"I suspect powdewed eggs!"
"I suspect the grits! Yuck!"
Nope Nope Nope I'm retired Navy.
Powdered Eggs? Yeah, they're bad enough.
Grits? Yeah, They're bad enough too.
Both together? Eek Eek :o Confusedhock: Icon_twisted
I couldn't even find an Eeeeevil Wink "smilie" that even comes close to the result of Powdered Eggs, and Grits.

Then again, the desire to never have to confront "that breakfast" again? :o Therapy, couldn't have a stronger "encourager" Wink
Big Grin Big Grin 357 357 Icon_twisted Icon_twisted 357 357 Big Grin Big Grin

Jeff, just keep on "goin' forward" Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-28-2014

Good Morning Blue
Rain and 62 degrees
Powered eggs and grits Nope
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 10-28-2014

Counting today, there's 9 days left to get everything ready for Trainfest ( Milwaukee, Wi. ) on the 10th day, the trailer gets loaded, and on Friday 7 November we set up the layout for the Saturday and Sunday show. Hope to see as many of you as can make it there. Cheers