The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-28-2014

its me again - nice October weather today its raining and very windy , but its warm .
nothing much happening , another lazy day .
I,m glad , you guys enjoy the photos , both real life and the models , I like real life as it gives a clue how the others live !!!

some thing different for to-day ...
1 , the Beetles Yellow Submarine - Gorgi model.
2 , Reliant Regal Van three wheeler model - plastic car air freshener 'Only Fools and Horses' promotion gift .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-29-2014

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 36 this morning headed for a high in the low 50s.

Had a good day at chemo yesterday. The doctor said the cancer had not grown and possibly seemed slightly smaller. That was on a partial dose of the new medication. Yesterday he gave us an increased dose and next Tuesday we'll get the full strength dose. All this with no major side effects. Other drugs n the past have either given My Fair Lady some very intense pain at times or have had no effect at all. We were very encouraged by the report.

On tap for today is a shopping trip followed possibly by a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-29-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 40s this morning. That will be the Hi's for this weekend.
Tom good news for your Lady, praying the news will remain that way.
2nd largest train show of the season will be this weekend.
Being part of the Glancy Modular group I should go both days but I think it will be a Sunday only for me.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-29-2014

Morning. Slept late. Extra hot for fall. Changing tonight and thru weekend. Seems the weather is not going to cooperate for my Harvest Festival/Family Day. That is the FREE HOTDOGS day. I along with the PD give out free hotdogs to all. Calling for breezy rain with high of 50 [if it makes it that high]. Not good.

Saw lots of deer. 6 pointers, 4 pointer, spike and lots of does. Nothing I wanted to shoot right now.

Off to lake house to mow, close foundation vents, and turn on heat. Back later.

Fiat, prayers as always.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 10-29-2014

RB & Tom.... Great news from both of you.. Still sending prayers for all of you!!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-29-2014

Good morning all, here we are at yet another hump day, and two days away from Halloween. Go to some of your "big box" stores such as Wally World and they've had Christmas decorations on sale for a few weeks now. Icon_lol Today, I saw the first grocery ad for holiday turkeys. We haven't quite got over Valentines Day, and here we are approaching the holiday season.... Eek

Speaking of that, we went out for breakfast this morning and I almost went back in to get a jacket. We are still in the 50's at 8:00, but fear not, we have a forecast in the 90's for the next three days. Looks like we still can't turn off the A/C for a few more days. Now you can see why we want to downsize, those $300+ power bills go on too long anymore. Smaller house, lower utility bills, at least that's the plan.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-29-2014

good day Blue , and the rest of you ,
Prayers and goodwill to all .

its fine to-day , nice October weather cold /damp & sunny , it must be cold the joints are acing so it was a double dose of Ibuprofen to kill the pain , still it was out and about for the daily walk around the town ....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-30-2014

Morning all. Showered hard early last night. Turned cooler. Now saying clod, breezy and rain Sat. for my free hotdogs at Town Hall.

Thanks Mr. Bach. for photos. Interesting on using tractors to launch boats.

Few chores and then off to the woods down east. Back tomorrow afternoon. Not staying till dark. Time change messes up everything. Will have to hit the stand at 5 AM instead of 6. Then days get dark quicker so hunting gets shorter.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-30-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 39 right now with a predicted sunny high of 59. Then tonight we get our first hard freeze of the season with an overnight low of 25.

Only item on the agenda for today is lots of supervision. The roofers are due at about 8 (obviously they are late).

Chief - good luck on your hunting.

All - many thanks for all your prayers.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-30-2014

rained off to day

sorry - Good day all !!! , you've guessed its pouring down , so its a day at home and housework and fingers to the key board .

nice to here you appreciate the pictures Chief Eagles , the tractors came in from the mid 1950's , was when it all started with pre-second war Fordsons , as well most boats would be ore powered , with the od one still carrying sail , then mid/late 1950's fishermen started using old car engines + propellers , using the ore's for beaching . Up until recent times most cobles would be double ender's (two pointed ends !) to aid getting through the waves , but now a days with bigger tractors and fancy trailer with winch boats can be crewed by one man .
On summer holiday times in the past fisher men used a 'Foying' board to take tourist's from the beach to the boat for trips around the bay , sadly this all stopped in the late 1960's . (pictures soon)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-30-2014

Good morning all, one day to Halloween and we'll do tomorrow night what we usually do. When we first moved here we had a large bowl of candy ready and I'm not sure if there were one or two knocks on the door the first year, and the same the second year. By the third year of having to eat a large bowl of our own candy, plus a few unopened bags, we just decided to close things down. I guess kids now days just don't go door-to-door anymore, that and the fact that we're surrounded by retirement communities does keep the chances low of anyone stopping by.

Temps will still be in the low 90's for the next few days, around 10 degrees above normal, but by Saturday, we'll be in the normal range again.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-30-2014

We didn't get anybody last year; minimum age in the community is 55. But then we weren't getting anyone in our old house -- the subdivision was over 40 years old, possibly closer to 50, and the original residents were grandparent age or older.
I kept telling SWMBO to buy candy that I like so that I could finish it off.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-31-2014

And a happy and spooky Halloween to you all. It's been a warm few days, yesterday it reached 94 and tied the record high for the third day in less than a week. Not much fun for those tykes roaming around in those costumes. We'll be roaming around a bit too, doing a bit of house shopping. We have one more day of temps in the low 90's, then it's normal time, in the low 80's for a while.

Has anyone heard from RB lately? He hasn't been on here in a few days and I was just wondering if he's been in contact with anyone or maybe he's just lost his Internet connection for now. :?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-31-2014

Morning all. Went east and hunted. Does and turkeys showed. Was real tired walking back to 4 Runner. I just hit the road home instead of staying at camper. Slept better at home and slept until 8:30. Think the RMSF is still holding me down.

Free hotdogs at Town Hall day is tomorrow. Will have to be moved inside. Forecast is for windy and real cold rains all day. Mountains of NC to get up to 6 inches of snow. Eek From summer [80's this week] to winter. Greenhouse is filled except for a few. I will finish that today. Close it up and turn on the heat.

Hope all have a "ghoul" day. Don't let the goblins get you.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-31-2014

Happy Halloween Blue
Forecast says dropping to 38, windy with showers.
Not a nice night for the little ones.
Nope no RB, he usually makes 1 post for all his forums.
S.J.