The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-05-2014

Home from the hunt. Nothing but does. Not right time to shoot one.

RB, get recovered and go home.

Don't want to start a political war here so all I do is snicker.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-05-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:RB, get recovered and go home.

If only it was that easy.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-05-2014

Morning all. RB, keep working at it. I know you are. Cloudy and warm. Off to early luncheon in a few.

Later [snicker]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-05-2014

Good morning everyone, it looks like the forecast for around here is going to be really nice, low to mid 80's for at least the next 10 days, and no rain in sight. That's good because I've started to get things ready for our community yard sale for this weekend. Fortunately, it is not "communal" in that we don't all gather at one place, each person holds theirs at their own house, which is good for us since we have a lot of heavy furniture and tools we want to sell.

I can't believe that it's Hump Day already, and only three weeks away from Santa Claus riding it the Macy's Parade. Well, I shouldn't be surprised after seeing the Christmas displays in the stores an on the TV ads already.... :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-05-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 46 degrees
Voted early yesterday then got a few things done including an oil change for the Escape.
A quick trip to the store this morning then cut and chopped the grass/leaves.
Mower and trimmer have had the fuel removed and are now bedded down for winter.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-05-2014

Good evening all,

Not been doing much with trains, lately just trying to relax and get some rest as work is picking up a bit for the holidays tons of ads and flyers to be inserted into several news papers(my employer is a news paper and a commercial printing service for a few other papers besides them selves).

Speaking of news HP is soon to enter the 3D printer market Confusedhock: 8-) Confusedhock:

Pepsi, rewind 103.5 FM & a local small convenient store are having a drawing for a free turkey. I will go there as it is within walking distance in good weather Smile The radio station is not far from where I work so I get good reception on the way to work and the event is at a small independent grocery store in my neighborhood , it is worth a shot as we usually get 2 turkeys one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas and the union is supplying one so winning the other would be a great blessing. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-06-2014

Morning all. Cloudy and sprinkles. Got lunch and meeting with possible restaurants franchise owner. Thumbsup Ran trains for State Senator's son last night. He is two. He loved it. Think Dad loved it more. I think I will be helping a Senator buy some trains and get started on a "hideaway" layout.

Prayers for RB.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 11-06-2014

Gd 'Morning gang,

Cold and wet here in the tip o' Texas...Cold being anything below 80 dgs down here...
We can use the rain as we've been in near-drought conditions for most of the year...

Can't watch TV as cable signal is out...Some genius thought that burying the cable under a drainage ditch was a good idea...So when it rains, water seeps down to the cables and plays havoc with the signal...

Good weather for staying indoors and playing with trains... Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-06-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sprinkles and 48 degrees
Nothing on my menu for today
I got some things done the past 2 days.
Only train news is our evening chats.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-06-2014

Well did not win the turkey Sad but did get a lottery ticket for Saturday. While in the parking lot I saw a bunch of heavy equipment on flatbed trucks. The cabs of the trucks had a company logo(pics of trains) and said derail service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like work has me on the Sunday and Monday 2nd shift schedule.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB, great progress so far keep it up.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-07-2014

Slept in this morning. Got up at 2:45. Went to the dining hall, turned on the lights and both TV's then made a slow trip down each hall before going back to my room. My roommate was still asleep. Sounded like he was sleeping good as the saws were running at full speed. No plans for today except to keep the positive attitude up.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chuck - 11-07-2014

Hey everyone! Just wanted to do a last minute pitch for the LANSING MODEL RR CLUB TRAIN SHOW this Sunday at the Michigan State University Pavilion from 10-4. It is a 500+ table show with a dozen or so operating layouts of various scales including a Lego layout. Stop by the club table and say hi!

Chuck

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-07-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 39 degrees.
Happy birthday to Brutus who has now changed his name to Gut.
No train news this morning. Grocery shopping got done though.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-07-2014

For lunch today we had fried catfish and hushpuppies. Now the nurse can't figure out why my blood sugar level is over 500. Duh! Having crab salad, garden salad and a zest cookie for dinner tonight. Got a new guy in the home today. He spends a lot of time talking about his favorite subject. Himself. When he gets to the end of the line he starts over. Same subject, no changes. I've been looking for his volume control. He's hard of hearing and assumes everybody else is too. As he launched into the twelth retelling of the recent points of his life a woman at the next table turned around and told him to shut his yap or she'd come over and nail it shut for him! Maggie Davis looks like Mt Everest with legs! Even I'm not big enough to scare her off. The guy started to say something and I waved a finger at him and he shut up and the other diners applauded.

A short time ago I had a 68 year od man telling me he couldn't get off a coach and onto his wheelchair. I'm a super positive thinker! Don't tell me you CAN'T do something. This guy has all his limbs and he has the ability to do it. But he chooses to whine about not being able to do it because he's afraid of getting hurt, so he atrracts someone to help him do something I do ten times a day, at least. I can bathe, clothe and if needed feed myself UNAIDED and I have no legs! Another man demanded that I get him a cup of coffee. I looked him in the eye and said that if I, a man with no legs can get coffee for myself there's no reason he can't get his own coffee. He's just too lazy to do it! And if he doesn't like it he can kiss my butt.