The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-08-2014

Good morning everyone. Yet another beautiful day in store, the forecast calls for a high of 88. Yesterday, we had the first day of our yard sale. As I said earlier, our HOA in all their wisdom, decided to tell us that we had a community yard sale by posting "community yard sale this weekend" signs around the area. They did that on Monday, giving most folks just a few days to prepare. We used to have these sales starting on Friday, but there was no mention this time of what days this sale was. Well, we spent the last few days getting ready and I planted a few direction signs around. Fortunate that I did that, because we found that we were the only ones that were open yesterday. People that stopped by were wondering why no one else had a sale, and were confused as to when was the "community sale" was suppose to start. I guess that was our gain and other neighbor's loss because we had a steady stream of people show up and we sold a lot of things that I wondered if we would sell. Big Grin We shut down at noon yesterday, but will open again today with less than half the things we had yesterday. Thumbsup

RB: Each person handles their difficulties in different ways. Some jump in and push to their limits, while others sit back and cower, not ever knowing what their limits are.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-08-2014

Good Morning Blue
Lite rain and 38 degrees
Our club meet is tonight, hope they have the Ohio State/ Michigan State game on somewhere in the house.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-09-2014

Funny thing happened this morning. I was getting ready to leave the dining hall and I packing up my condiments [Tabasco Chipotle sauce and Heinz Tabasco ketchup] when a guy at another table said I couldn't take them, I had to leave them at the table. I turned to him and said they were my property and I can do with them as I see fit, besides he wasn't big enough to make me leave them and I told him so. Some day I should get a shirt that has a picture of of frog on it and the words 'landing zone'.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-09-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy 38 degrees, temps will be below average all week...sigh
Our club meet was last night. A 3 minute video can be found at detroit3railers.com.
We don't sell anything, just enjoy the videos.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-09-2014

Home again. Partly cloudy and chilly. No shooters this trip.

RB, you have to be a little tolerant to some of your fellow people there. Some not in the same "mental shape" as you. Sounds like you are going to gain weight with all that good food. Enjoy.

Nothing much today.

Hope all have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-09-2014

Good morning all. After two half-days of our garage sale, we decided that we had enough. Besides, we're tired from all that work, and Sunday is usually a poor day for a sale anyway. As you might have already guessed, today is indeed a day of rest for us. I didn't sell any train stuff at the sale though. Most people that looked at it were either into HO, or they had a friend that had a garden railroad in their backyards. Yeah, a few young boys all thought that they were toys, but I only lost one container carrier that fell off the end of the table. Beyond that, we sold a few things that I never thought we would, and didn't sell some that I really hoped to. And yeah, all in all, we did OK with what we did sell. Thumbsup

Temp-wise, we came close to the record, it got up to 90 yesterday, the average was in the high 70's, so we're still hitting those high notes on the heat scale. Icon_lol Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-09-2014

Football news; Ravens 21 Titans 7, Jets 20 Steelers 13, Alabama 20, LSU 13, 49r's 27, saints 24.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-09-2014

Ancaster Rly show today.
I picked up the umpteen backdrops I had ordered (Peco). Dayle bought a car for her G gauge. She's been looking for some sort of open car to carry things and today found a 100 ton hopper. That's now the biggest railway car in the house. It's fitted with Aristo knuckle couplers and is currently stuck between 2 Kadee fitted cars with couplers at a different height.
We have been busy putting curtails around the layout so that I can't see what's on the shelves.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-09-2014

Greetings, gang.

The weather sucks. Right now it's 39 degrees and that's going to be the high for the week. In fact, starting Tuesday we won't even get above freezing until at least next Monday.

It's been a while since I last posted as it's been a hectic week. Monday evening My Fair Lady was carted off to the hospital via ambulance. Somehow managed to get dehydrated. Was finally discharged on Friday after pick up pneumonia. Now we're involved with home health care. The daughter of one of our closest friends is the supervisor for the county health care and will be helping us through this somewhat stressful time. In the meantime, our oncologist called wanting to know how we are doing. They plan to call on Monday for a follow-up. Hopefully we can continue with the chemo but in her weakened condition I'm somewhat fearful as to what our future holds.

RB - glad to hear you are making such good progress.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-10-2014

Morning. Chilly and partly cloudy. Some rain tomorrow.

Not feeling well. Going to Dr. to get checked out.

Prayers for Mrs. Fiat.

Free meals for us Vets tomorrow. Golden Corral does next Monday evening .

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-10-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 46 degrees
That 46 will sound good by the end of this week.
Off to Home Depot this AM, needed a replacement part for something I bought at Lowes.
Lowes no longer carries the part. Figures huh.
No train news except our nightly chats.
Man I hate this early evening darkness, makes me want to go to bed at 8, seems like it's time.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-10-2014

Good morning all, hope you have a great week in store.

Chief, I wish you well, as I do Ms. Fiat and RB too.

Yeah, tomorrow is Vet's Day, and lots of places are giving free things out. It bothers me that some places are offering a full meal, while other are giving vets and those in active military a free slice of pie, or an ice cream sundae. Meaning, "come in, buy your dinner and we'll still make a profit even after giving away the desert" Icon_twisted . The Golden Corral, on the other hand, is one of the better ones. They honor military service like it should, around here they allow open carry of weapons and show their support for our Constitution and the Bill of Rights in every way they can. There are other businesses as well. I wish them all success because of that. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-10-2014

Physical therapy this morning. One of the therapists had me standing between the parallel bars. Two and a half minutes this time. She said I needed to work on my balance so I stood straight, held onto one of the bars with my left hand and slapped her right shoulder with my right hand then did the same with the left hand.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-11-2014

Good Morning Blue
Last warm day, going to 60. Then down she goes...

A big THANK YOU to all our VETERANS
past and present
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-11-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy, and 21 degrees with a wind chill of 9. High for today is supposed to be about 28.

Had a nice visit with the home health care nurse. She's the daughter of some our closest friends which makes My Fair Lady a lot more comfortable talking about very personal matters.

As predicted we got less than a half inch of snow last night but the ground was warm enough that some of it melted then froze which made for a nice layer of ice. Ice melt has been applied as we have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. No other activities planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom