The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 11-11-2014

sir james Wrote:A big THANK YOU to all our VETERANS past and present S.J.

sir james, from this Viet Nam era veteran, you are most welcome.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-11-2014

Physical therapy this morning. I had to leave the class to take care of some urgent personal business. When I returned the instructor asked me what happened. I hit her with one Johnny Carson's old jokes. "This just in... A Delta flight in trouble made an emergency landing at Dallas\FortWorth. The pilot and crew emmerged unharmed. The planes cargo, a load of live chickens, wasn't as fortunate. KFC has received a call from DFW declaring that there's a load of fried, crispy and extra crispy chicken ready for pick-up. The only stipulation is there be no droppings or napkins left behind.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-11-2014

What a happy Veterans' Day for me. Call around 8:30 from Dr. Your white blood count is down and from yesterday's x-ray, we think you have a blood clot in your lung. Rush to Raleigh Radiology and get CT with dye. Rush and then sit for an hour. Results, negative. Now back home. Going to Red Robin for my free burger. That is while waiting for my Dr. to call again. The words are, "If you feel worse, go to the ER." If you want me in the hospital, say so!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-11-2014

Now nurse says no blood clot but maybe emphysema and enlarged lymph node. But could be recovering from a lung event. Remember three weeks ago, slight case of pneumonia and 4 days later, x-ray showed OK. Beginning to wonder about these Dr's. More meds and urgent request for pulmonologist. They love your insurance.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-11-2014

Got my staples out today. Now just a matter of time until the prosthesis is made.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-11-2014

Happy veteran's day

A big thank you for all who have served and those who currently serve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheif hope all is in the clear for you.

We have a blood clotting/bleeding disorder that runs in the family, of 4 kids two of us have/had it, I do not my brother the oldest of the four died from it. One sister has it and she has two sons with a 50% chance that one of them has it. It is herditary and is called factor II with gene mutation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB, good to hear you are making progress. Thumbsup

Had baked fish for dinner. Tasted like flounder that had floundered! All L can say is breakfast better be fantastic! Got an appointment with my primary doctor in Leesville tomorrow morning. Appt time is 9:45. My physical therapist is shocked at how agile and able I am. Today we were standing i the parallel bars and she wanted to see if I could stand without the bars. So I took my right hand off the the bar and put it on her left shoulder then took my left hand off the other bar and put it on her right shoulder. She commented that I was doing extremely well. I told her you ain't seen anything yet and caught her in an embrace. She was surprised to say the least! Found a TV in my room today. Maintenance man brought it it. It's an older Sharp CRT model. However it isn't the one I'll be watching. There's a shipment of new 32" flat-screens coming in and he's going to change it out for one of them.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-12-2014

Morning all. Warm and foggy. Big change tomorrow. Wonder what adventures are in for today? Don't feel like I have a temp this AM. Not hungry. Only one meal yesterday. Start taking the line of meds. Then work on DVR list of shows.

SJ, got those sled dogs ready? Thumbsup

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-12-2014

Good morning everyone. I hope those of you in the Midwest and other areas hit by the weather are able to deal with it. I know I couldn't, it's been well over 50 years since I lived when it snowed on a regular basis. We occasionally see snow up in the hills surrounding our valley, and once in a while, it does snow in the desert just to the north of us, but boy, I wouldn't know what to do if we got more than an inch of the stuff anywhere near where we live. Good luck to you all that are getting an early winter, I don't envy you one bit. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-12-2014

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy/windy and 36 degrees.
Yep Chief the dogs have been fattened up, the sled rails are waxed and ready.
Walmart was setting up the hitching post yesterday.
No plans for today, just checking in.
Does anyone from here actually look at our club videos?
Just wondering as I've never read a response from here.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 11-12-2014

hi Blue guys , its been a few days away for me , no kid's , no TV , no PC/laptop , just the two of us having a quiet break , and the weather was kind but cold .

RB its nice to here your on the mend ,
and come home RB we are missing the train pictures .....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-12-2014

sir james Wrote:Good Morning Blue
Cloudy/windy and 36 degrees.
Yep Chief the dogs have been fattened up, the sled rails are waxed and ready.
Walmart was setting up the hitching post yesterday.
No plans for today, just checking in.
Does anyone from here actually look at our club videos?
Just wondering as I've never read a response from here.
S.J.

Sir James just watched a few of the videos of the Detroit 3Railers.

Looks like a fun group and a lot of nice layouts.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-12-2014

and I didn't quite know what expect. They had to do one leg at a time. Theywired up the left leg and set the machines parameters. I slept through most of it. When it finished they reset everything for the right leg. I slept right though it. When it finished the nurse came in to disconnect the machine. Friends and neighbors, it was at that time she discovered [b][color = red]PTSD[\b][\color]isn't limited to combat vets. Cops and firefighters suffer from it too. The instant she touched my leg I jumped half off the bed and scaredher so badly she screamed and ran from the room!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-13-2014

Good Morning Blue
It's 32 degrees and we got up to some snow flakes flying around.
What stuck to cars is already gone.
AF350 glad you like the videos. I figured if nobody was looking at them, why bother mentioning them here.
A good chat with some of the guys last night.
S.J.

Happy Friday the 13th

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-13-2014

sir james Wrote:Happy Friday the 13th

357 357 357

False alarm, it is Thursday the 13 of November. Icon_lol Or maybe I have lost a day Confusedhock:

I have been looking for a 3-Rail O / Hi-rail scale type modular club in the central Ohio area to join, found a website for Central Ohio Hirail modular club but have not got a responce from them, may be an old website that has been forgotten?