The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-16-2014

Good Morning Blue
Don we are living in a 4 bedroom colonial for the same reason.
It's cheaper to stay here than move. Even a condo has monthly fees.
I watched 2 collage games yesterday. Ohio State won theirs and a late game for Michigan State. They won theirs.
The late game also included an online chat with Brutus.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-16-2014

Greetings, gang.

it's a balmy 9 degrees outside my window this morning after an overnight low of 3. High for today is projected to be a blistering 19 degrees under sunny skies. Break out the suntan lotion.

Yesterday I made a quick trip to the store for some last minute supplies (donut holes and beer) before the big storm that dropped two inches of fluffy white snow on us. Then I watched Nebraska get destroyed by Wisconsin (again). This morning I've already cleaned the sidewalks and made breakfast for My Fair Lady. Also on the agenda is painting the new hand rail installed to allow my wife to negotiate the back steps.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-16-2014

Afternoon all. Cloudy and cool. Tomorrow may hit 70 with T'storms. Then crash Tuesday. Crazy weather. Went to Sunday School this AM. Then we went to the gro for a few things. Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 11-16-2014

All the snow that fell last night and into this morning? POOF !!! gone ! Cheers Cheers
Went over to the Lake County Model Railroad Club, for their open house. It has been a while since I was last there, and there has been some changes done, and some, currently under construction.
Saw some old friends, and "Talked Trains". The day is a bit brighter now for the conversations had. Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-16-2014

Sumpter250 Wrote:All the snow that fell last night and into this morning? POOF !!! gone ! Cheers Cheers
Went over to the Lake County Model Railroad Club, for their open house. It has been a while since I was last there, and there has been some changes done, and some, currently under construction.
Saw some old friends, and "Talked Trains". The day is a bit brighter now for the conversations had. Cheers

Same weather here, it is currently snowing but temp is 37 so it melts quick, may be some accumulation by end of 2nd shift, got to leave here in a bit for work.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-17-2014

Morning. Rainy and chilly. May have t'storms this afternoon and really warm. Below normal freezing tomorrow. May hit record low the next morning. Hope all are OK form bad weather.

Prayers for Fiat's Wifey. Seems to be doing better.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-17-2014

Good morning folks, for once I can't complain about the hot weather here. Nope, we went to breakfast and the car temp showed it was 39 outside. The forecast shows the next ten days in the high 60's to mid 70's with lows in the 40's. At least I was able to turn off the A/C a few days ago. I have a feeling that we're getting some snow up around Flagstaff, it usually gets this cold when it does snow up there.

We got our storage locker emptied yesterday, and now we have a garage full of boxes and stuff that we need to put back where we had it, and make the house feel like home again. Big Grin We did a lot of work for nothing, except that we found out that we are happy staying where we are, Worship and that the cost of changing houses just doesn't make sense for us. Nope So our house is bigger than we need, so what..... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-17-2014

Good Morning Blue
32 degrees and winter gloom out there.
A little snow in the grass but pavement is dry.
No train news, no chat last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-18-2014

sir james Wrote:Good Morning Blue
32 degrees and winter gloom out there.
A little snow in the grass but pavement is dry.
No train news, no chat last night.
S.J.

No snow here but temps about the same. That is bad when way up north is as warm as us in the fall. Wallbang Today is a stay inside and stay warm day. Windy along with the cold.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-18-2014

Good morning all. No snow here either... oh, that's right, it's a major news event when we do get snow anywhere near us. Lots of it elsewhere from what I see in the news. Good luck to any of you that have to deal with it. Here, we are running about normal or a bit under normal temps. Gone are the 100's, 90's and even the 80's for a bit as we will be sitting in the low to mid-70's for the next week or so. Still not cold enough where the snowbirds chose to stay home. Nope, traffic is heavy, parking lots are full and the lines at the Post Office and stores are back to their normal winter jam.

Has anyone heard from RB? He hasn't posted in a few days and I was just wondering....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-19-2014

Morning. Record low. Yanks can't keep their ugly cold up North. No snohio here. Really feel for those up north and especially those in NY. Chores if I want to get out. Meeting downtown Raleigh late this afternoon. Hope all have a great day. Stay warm.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-19-2014

Hello Blue it's Hump Day
Cloudy and 22 degrees in SE Mi. this morning.
Although not a regular poster, my friend Charlie lost his father yesterday.
Heart attack, they did everything that was medically known to save him.
I have no train news this morning and a lazy cold day is planned.
However tomorrow will be a busy one.
Happy Hump Day
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-19-2014

Good morning from sunny Arizona, well almost. It's still a bit chilly here by our standards, but no where near like most of the rest of the country. it looks like 75% of the US is being blanketed by snow. That includes the northern part of our state. Again, I wish the best for anyone having to deal with that kind of weather, especially from what I've seen in upstate NY. My wife has family there and we're betting that they're snowed in right now since they live out in the countryside.

RB hasn't logged on here since last week. Anyone know what's going on there? Let's hope he's doing well and just can't get online right now....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-20-2014

Good Morning Blue
Snow on the ground this morning. Enough that it needs to be shoveled.
At least I am not in Buffalo. Temp is 25.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-20-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 16 headed for a high in the low 20s today.

Had another chemo treatment yesterday and on the way home stopped in another town which still has a K-Mart and did a little shopping. My Fair Lady was tickled to death to go somewhere other than a doctor's office.

Home health care nurse due here in a couple of minutes and after lunch a physical therapist will stop by. I also need to get a prescription refilled and do a little shopping.

All stay safe.

Tom