The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 11-20-2014

Mornin' all from Northern Illinois. :o :o Wink There's no snow on the ground Eek , and it's the Twentieth of November ! Not much happening now, until Thanksgiving Day. A whole week Icon_twisted of model building time! Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-20-2014

Afternoon all. Sunny and warmer but not hot. Out of meetings. Chores this afternoon.

Prayers for Fiat and Wifey. Also RB.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-20-2014

I spent the evening doing something I hadn't expected. I was laying some track when the bulb of the lamp I was using exploded.One of those odd things, maybe halogen, and the whole front lens blew off. Little bits all over plus 4 big hunks. Some of the bits melted their way into the WS roadbed. 2 lumps over the back to the floor.
Now one of my wife's fears is little bits of glass, so there was a major cleanup. Everything on top was removed and checked for little shiny bits (still some to do). The flat surface was Vacuumed and then gone over with sticky lint rollers. Then! the curtains came off and the bookshelves underneath were emptied and cleaned; bottom shelves removed to get at the carpet. I think we need some extra vac tools.
I now have a very empty space to work on the track.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-21-2014

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 12 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Clouds will be moving in but the temps will be rising throughout the weekend. High for Sunday is supposed to be in the mid 40s but rain is supposed to accompany the warmer temps. Since the ground is already frozen it could make for some nasty road conditions.

Many thanks for all the prayers.

Today I need to run some errands to get stocked up for the weekend. Tomorrow there's a Formula E race with battery powered cars. Sounds like a bunch of really big R/C cars. Also on tap for tomorrow is college football. Then on Sunday is the final F1 race of the season.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-21-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sun but a cold 25 degrees.
We have returned from grocery shopping for next week. Sad
A trip to Toledo Oh. tomorrow for my aunts memorial service.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-21-2014

Afternoon all. Sunny and cooler but not cold. Leaves everywhere. Sucked up three loads from back concrete pad last night. JD mulches and bags them good.

Here is a picture of what is in Wifey's back/side garden under biggest pecan tree.

[Image: ry%3D400]

Better than snow.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-22-2014

Wake up BUMS!!! Morning all. Clear and colder than Buffalo NY. Prayers for all those folks. So much snow roofs are in danger. Then the melt and refreeze.

Great Nephew's B'day lunch today.

Some handiwork around the house.

Off to Hunters Haven for a few.

Frankie ripping and raring to go back to work. Hope Dec. 1.

OH, got new phone [old replacement had issues]. Samsung Galaxy 4. Great phone. Even come with workout/exercise app. Back to walking. Gives you complete data on trip and etc. 

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-22-2014

Good morning everyone. A crisp morning here, right now my thermometer says that it's 47 outside. I can't tell what the Weather Channel desktop app says since sometimes it's hard to wake it up in the morning. We had a 10% chance of rain yesterday, and we got probably a .05% sprinkling on our windshield when we were out and about. Heading out to the desert for some target shooting with my other son. It's been a while since we've gone out together. It'll be a break for me since we've done nothing but unpack all the stuff we had put away a few weeks ago in anticipation of moving. My neighbor came over yesterday and asked if we had sold since our sign was taken down, and I told him we sold to a family with five kids Eek .... you know, Big Wheels, basketball hoops, soccer games in the street and so forth Icon_lol ... No, he didn't fall for it, Nope I guess because we were unpacking rather than packing would have been a clue that we were staying.... Misngth

Still no word from RB, does anyone know what's going on there?

My best for those people snowed in and like the Chief says, good luck to those when the snow melts and the floods begin.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 11-22-2014

Sunny and cool here. Started my day off going to an "emergency" service call for leaking equipment. Got there and came to find it had nothing to do with my gear at all Nope Cleared everything off of my bench work and am going to start laying track and maybe even get it powered up if all goes well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-23-2014

Good morning everyone, I hope your weekend is going just right for you. If you love snow and live in Buffalo, then you are in the right place. If you love the sunshine and live here in the lower half of Arizona, then you too are in the right place. I kind of wonder about TrainNut, who moved from Phoenix to somewhere in Illinois, but he's probably having fun playing in the snow right now. Big Grin It was a really nice day yesterday to go out in the desert target shooting, I don't know what the temperature was, but it was pleasant, warm, no wind and not even a trace of rain. Someone in the area must have had a lot of money to burn. They were shooting a full-automatic (machine gun) with burst of maybe 100 rounds. Figure that in less than 30 seconds, they shot up a couple of hundred dollars worth of ammo. The same goes for the person shooting that 50 caliber cannon. At $5.00 a pop for ammo, you can go broke very quickly if you're not careful. I guess when .22 cal ammo is hard to get, you shoot what you can find.
2285_ Shoot

Anyway, I hope this is the start of a great week for you all.... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-23-2014

Good Morning Blue
Lite rain and 46 degrees.
I'm just checking in. Lions football this afternoon will give me a nice nap by halftime although they have been playing decent ball lately.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 11-23-2014

Sunny and mild here. Had my two cups of coffee and am ready to get back at the track laying. Looking forward to tonight's Walking Dead. Any other fans on here?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-23-2014

Greetings, gang.

Foggy but warm this morning outside my window. Right now it's 52 headed for a high of 39 by late afternoon. Another one of those "fronts" is supposed to move through, giving us high winds and falling temperatures.

Not much exciting going on around here this weekend. Later today I'll be going back to the attic to finish the cleaning I started yesterday. Lots of clean-up after the roofers finished.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-23-2014

Afternoon. Sunday School and Church. Great Niece Music sang solo. Chilly, cloudy and sprinkles. Suppose to be big rains tonight. Planning on going eat tomorrow and hunt for a few.

Prayers for Fiat's Wifey.

RB??????

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-23-2014

The snow last week disappeared in rain and 7degreeC temperatures.
I linked up and ran a fair distance of plain track -- including my scenic grade. Took a long time to find out why it didn't work but I'd hooked up the wires to blocks 4 and 5 while I thought I'd done 5 and 6.
I had to cut expansion gaps in the track. I'd soldered the finescale rail lengths together, then we opened the hot air ducts under the layout. That produced an interesting wiggle.