The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-24-2014

Well, RB last posted Nov. 15th, it has been a week and 2 days. Hope all is alright with RB.

Lots of icy roads here on Saturday but all about gone, high winds expected here for Monday.

Soon as the busy season is over(Oct. - Jan.) will try to get back to some unfinished train projects.

I have not posted as much lately due to being on a fluctuating work schedule and preparation for thanksgiving.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chuck - 11-24-2014

Railnet Wrote:Sunny and mild here. Had my two cups of coffee and am ready to get back at the track laying. Looking forward to tonight's Walking Dead. Any other fans on here?
Oh heck yes! We get a group of guys together to watch it -- beer, snacks etc. I am bummed there is only one left before the mid season break. I am curious to see what the spin-off will look like. Anyone know when it is going to air?

Chuck

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 11-24-2014

Chuck Wrote:
Railnet Wrote:Sunny and mild here. Had my two cups of coffee and am ready to get back at the track laying. Looking forward to tonight's Walking Dead. Any other fans on here?
Oh heck yes! We get a group of guys together to watch it -- beer, snacks etc. I am bummed there is only one left before the mid season break. I am curious to see what the spin-off will look like. Anyone know when it is going to air?

Chuck

I didn't know that a spin off was in the works. Very interesting Popcornbeer

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-24-2014

Morning all. Sunny and very warm. Up and Down. Up and down. Wallbang Suppose to get into the 70's today.

Off to the hunting camp. Back tomorrow night. Wifey off all week and getting Thanksgiving going.

RB???? Who is the guy who pops in and usually reports on him? Maybe he knows.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-24-2014

Good morning all, we're getting a bit chilly here, but not like in other parts of the country. It was a bit under 40 this morning and not too much over it right now. The target is in the low 70's by this afternoon. We should have a great Thanksgiving at around 80. That's a bit above average for this time of the year. Needless to say, we've had our furnace on for about a week now, that gave us about two weeks when we turned the A/C off and the furnace on. It's just not fair, the utility companies can't lose.

Chief Eagles Wrote:...RB???? Who is the guy who pops in and usually reports on him? Maybe he knows.

Have a great week.

Yeah, seems to me that he has a friend that has posted info on him from time to time. We should be concerned, but then again, he may just not have access to the Internet for now. It would be nice to know how he's doing regardless.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-25-2014

I have a name for the local weather forecasters. Not nice. Forecast was maybe a sprinkle or two from yesterday until tonight. Then big cold rain tonight and tomorrow. All activity from the gulf rushing NE was suppose to blow off shore until tonight. Started with thunder and lightning around 6:30 PM last night [just as I got to truck from deer stand]. 5 minutes later, bottom fell out. Rained all night [even though forecasters said not until Tuesday night] and this morning. Drove home. ~#%^*%@ Cloudy and not raining here. All east of I 95. Everything is always east of I 95 where the farms are. Must be a wall in the sky there. :?

Yes DAZ, posted on CTT and guys from the other forum said the same. MIA. ???

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-26-2014

Morning. Pouring rain. Lots of rain since early last night. Not much going on here. Wifey doing Thanksgiving at her Mom's. Sisters and Aunt coming to help. Big crowd tomorrow. Told her, call Golden Corral and they would cook it all. Just drive by and pick it up. In-laws health is getting worse daily.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-26-2014

Good morning everyone, a bit chilly right now, for us anyway being it's 42 outside, but not to worry, we'll be in the high 70's today and pushing record temps tomorrow in the low to mid 80's. Big day tomorrow, turkey dinner for a whole lot of people including us. We bought a small one this year since unlike many Thanksgivings in the past where we had the whole family over, it'll just be me and Peggy. A quiet day for us, and that's what we can use right now.

We wish everyone that is traveling right now a safe journey and hope your flights aren't delayed or canceled like so many of them are today. The news was saying that over 200 flights have been canceled and just as many are being delayed. I'm assuming that it's the weather in one part of the country that causes the delays in other parts. Good luck and I hope you're not affected by this, either yourself or waiting for others to arrive.

Still nothing from RB, and so far no one knows why. I am hoping that he's just lost his Internet access for now and that it's nothing more serious than that.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-26-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 27 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. We picked up about 5" of show overnight and it has been cleared from the sidewalks and driveway.

Today will be a day of house cleaning in preparation for tomorrow. Only scheduled visitor for the holiday will be our younger son who will be driving up in the morning. It's about a 4 hour trip for him.

Prayers for RB and all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-26-2014

Good morning Blue
We have 32 degrees and lots of clouds.
But no wind, rain or snow.
A Very Windy Monday though, Edison still has some spotted power outages.
To all: Have a safe and pleasant Thanksgiving.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-26-2014

Good night all. Still misty off and on. Chilly [33] tonight but no white stuff. Chilly tomorrow with mist off and on. Will not give up.

I am now feeling the worse for RB. Hope not. He seemed to be doing so good in rehab.

Prayers for Fiat and Wifey.

DAZ, you are not coming to Rolesville are you? Train buddy here told me he has a friend from Phoenix coming to visit soon. Helped him write a book on Athern.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-27-2014

Good morning all, and a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here. It should be a nice day to rest, temps in the mid-80's, good food in store and besides, we're tired from unpacking all the stuff we packed a few months ago when we thought we were going to move to a new house.

Chief Eagles Wrote:...DAZ, you are not coming to Rolesville are you? Train buddy here told me he has a friend from Phoenix coming to visit soon. Helped him write a book on Athern.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Nooop, I see video on TV of all these people leaving Phoenix for the holiday. Great for them if it means getting together with distant family and friends, but we're sticking close to home. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-27-2014

Greetings, gang.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Clear and 4 below outside my window this morning. High for today is only supposed to be about 15. Then warming up overnight with a high tomorrow in the upper 30s.

After supper last night I had to go out and clean the sidewalks after another two inches of snow on top of the 5 inches we received on Tuesday night.

Today's plan includes last minute cleaning prior to younger son's arrival and lots of cooking.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 11-27-2014

Snow changing to ice pellets then back to snow. Might be a good day to stay in and build a few structures.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-27-2014

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Just staying around home today and tomorrow. Wife has to work retail from 2 this afternoon 'till 1 am then go back in for the Black Friday fun tomorrow from 8 am to 8 pm....

We are planning on having Thanksgiving lunch at a favorite local restaurant, before she has to go to work.