The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-29-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 46 degrees after an overnight low of 19. High for today i supposed to be near 50.

Not much going on around here. My Fair Lady is napping on the couch and our younger son is getting ready to do some woodworking in the basement. The three of us had a very quiet Thanksgiving. Then yesterday there was yelling, groaning, and eventual cheering as our college team was victorious in overtime.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-30-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a one day only temp of 56 degrees right now.
Tomorrow, back to the 30s.
Today two of granny's sisters will be here to bake Christmas cookies
I am the official taster, other than that my job is to stay out of the kitchen.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-30-2014

Morning. Back from hunting. Nothing but little "girls" showed themselves. Big guys left tracks and a nice one on camera. I'll catch him off guard.

Sunny and warmer.

Take down fall and put up Christmas. Wifey will be wound up in a few.

Glad to see something from RB.

Sleep test tonight at hospital.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 11-30-2014

Good morning Big Blue. The coffee is hot and we are going to be on the + side of the thermometer today. I may get some modelling done if I can get two sleeping dogs off of my legs.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-01-2014

No one here yet so I'll check in with a
Good Morning Blue
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-01-2014

sir james Wrote:No one here yet so I'll check in with a
Good Morning Blue
S.J.
Yup, been a bit slow here the past few days. Maybe it's all the shopping hype and bargains that have kept people away, but for us it may be the weather. It's hard to beat the mid-80's for this time of the year. The rest of this week will be in the high 70's with rain in the forecast anytime between tomorrow and Saturday, depending on which forecaster you are listening to at the time. :?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 12-01-2014

hi , what horrible dark days here , we had a excursion train on sat 29th - the class 40 preservation society with their preserved class 40 , so I took the opportunity to photograph ...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-01-2014

Afternoon. Failed sleep test even though I slept 8 hours. They put CPap on after 3 hours. Woke up feeling worse than without it. Getting one I'm sure. Ins. $$$$

Off to County Commissioners and then special dinner for supporters and swearing in of Sheriff.

Gracious, sunny and 63 degrees. Tomorrow, cloudy and 43. ???

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-01-2014

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 7 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa tonight. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be in the low 30s.

It was a quiet day for the most part. The highlight came while the physical therapist was here. My Fair Lady was able to walk down the back stairs (4) without using the handrail. Major accomplishment.

Tomorrow it's off to chemo again. Early appointment (9 AM) so hopefully we'll be home by early afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-02-2014

Morning. From supper warm to cold. Cloudy and misty. Off to see Will Allen's O gauge layout. Some may have seen it in a past issue of OGR. He is on committees with me. Been wanting me to come and visit.

Prayers for Mrs. Fiat

Have a good day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-02-2014

Good afternoon, a bit chilly here, around 70 at 3 PM, but we're expecting some rain, so maybe this is a sign that we're going to get lucky. Yeah, rain is kind of rare around here, so we take what we can get, when we can get it. They have rain scheduled for today, tomorrow and Thursday. They skip Friday, and it's back on for Saturday and Sunday. I'm guessing that these weather people have enough clout so that they can schedule the weather... well, some of them sure act like they can. 35

Right now we've got a few fighter jet flying overhead. Nothing new, Luke AFB is about 10 miles due south of us and they circle north of our house, then to the east as they come in for their approach. I don't know if they're F-16's or the new F-35's that they're changing to, but the clouds are a bit heavy right now, so I can't see them as they fly by. I'm thinking they're F-35's since they're a bit louder than usual. They warned us that would be the case when they started flying in. Some people complain about the noise, even though the base has been here since the beginning of WWII, and these people bought houses nearby just a few years ago. Others, like myself, point out, (a). if you don't like the noise, move somewhere else, and (b). that noise is the sound of our freedom. Worship Still, they almost shut the base down a few years ago when developers were set to build houses on the farms underneath the flight paths. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-02-2014

Good evening all.

December is here and we are seeing a slight warm up tonight and in the morning. Kinda misty and foggy at the moment.

I just now noticed that the BigBlue logo at top of page has changed for the holidays Icon_lol

A Smokey the bear figure with 3 trees came in the mail the other day I plan on working him into a diorama or maybe even a modular section if I can find a local club to join.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-03-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 19 degrees outside my window this morning with an anticipated high in the mid 20s.

Many thanks to the Chief and others for prayers and well wishes.

As expected we were home from chemo by about 1:30 yesterday, even with a stop at K-Mart. On tap for today is a visit from the home health care nurse and a trip to the car wash. We've been so busy the car still has bugs on it from summer driving. Scheduled for later in the week is a trip to the attic for more cleaning after the new roof was installed. The filter in the shop vac was plugged and with the local Sears shutting down I had to stop at K-Mart yesterday for a new one. I tried a generic filter from Menards but that didn't work so I guess I'll have to continue buying the filters from the next town over. Since we go right past the store on our way to chemo it's not really much of a problem right now.

Prayers for RB.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-03-2014

Morning. Cloudy, foggy, misty and cool. Clearing later. More errands to run today.

Will Allen's new layout is something. It is "head high". Has "duck unders" to maneuver around the room. Real nice and detailed.

Prayers for Mrs. Fiat.

Hope all have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-03-2014

Good morning all. Really cloudy and a bit chilly out right now. No rain yesterday, well... the windshield did have a few pockmarks on it, suggesting that we had some sort of moisture, but nothing measurable, I'm sure of that. Tonight and tomorrow morning though should be wet ones if the weather prognosticators are right, but then again, they always leave a percentage chance of no rain so regardless of what it does out, they are always right...

AF350 Wrote:...I just now noticed that the BigBlue logo at top of page has changed for the holidays Icon_lol ...

And yup, you're right, we did change the logo for the Christmas and New Year holidays.... 2285_