The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-05-2014

One slipped by our filter last week about our internet account being terminated. Rolled the mouse over it to see the address, then contacted our supplier. Forwarded it to them but they couldn't do anything because it came from some other place.

Went into the big city today on the train. Parked, had coffee & newspapers, arrived at the station to see a note that the train was expected in 1 1/2 hours. Freight train derailment between Sarnia and London. Went browsing for a while but nearly missed the train because it wasn't as late as they said.
If I buy tickets in the next 6 months I'll get a small credit. 1 1/2 hours late on a 1 hour trip (well, the train did start about 5 am.)

Managed to get 2 rides on Toronto's new streetcars -- the 5-section articulated ones. 3 of them are running now with a totally incomprehensible fare system -- a version of proof of purchase that is very difficult to purchase. System is on 3 cars out of 200+ and at a handful of subway stations, and no buses. Does work on GO and a few other places. On the first car one of the fare machines was OOU. And the line runs through Toronto's downtown Chinatown.
New cars nice and smooth, mostly.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-06-2014

Morning. Home from the hunt. Raining as usual. Wallbang Mrs. Edna Todd [Todd's Train Depot] is in hospital with aneurisms. Guys are trying to run the store for her. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-06-2014

Greetings, gang.

30 degrees outside my window right now with the sun burning off the fog. High for today is supposed to be about 34.

No progress yesterday on the attic but all the Christmas decorations are in place. All I need to do is move some more totes. So far today I've been out and about to seven different places. I was able to get in and out of each store relatively easy. I do think that with on line shopping there is less traffic in the stores before Christmas. I used to avoid going to stores unless it was early on a Monday morning.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 12-07-2014

19 degrees today with some snow flurries. I have a nice warm fire going and lots of hot coffee.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-07-2014

Good Morning Blue

Pearl Harbor Day.....December 07,1941

We have sun and 29 degrees this morning
I watched the Buckeyes turn Wisconsin inside out last night.
Going to Charlies today to help him lay GG track on his new layout.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-07-2014

sir james Wrote:Good Morning Blue

S.J.

Don't forget, Seems to take a back seat to 9-11. Both important.

Clear, windy and cold. Christmas Parade today. Got my wave "down pat".

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 12-07-2014

sir james Wrote:Good Morning Blue

We have sun and 29 degrees this morning
I watched the Buckeyes turn Wisconsin inside out last night.
Going to Charlies today to help him lay GG track on his new layout.
S.J.

I think that was outside-in... :evil:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-08-2014

Good evening and early morning all.

Just checking in before turning in, just got off work 2nd shift tonight.

Cold but dry so far compared to the rain we had last few days.

Not much train activity here of late either been too busy or too tired.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-08-2014

Good morning everyone, and I hope it's the start of a great work-week for those of you that are indeed working. For us retirees, it doesn't matter, Mondays look like Wednesdays or Fridays so it's hard to tell one day from the next. Yeah, I recognize Saturday since that's laundry day, and Sunday is church, but beyond that, all days look alike to us.

Weather-wise, it's just another normal December day for us except that I just got a PM-25 particulate alert on my computer from the Weather Channel Eek I guess it's time for us old folk to hunker down and stay indoors... now if I only knew what the heck a PM-25 particulate was, I might be more concerned. Tongue Oh, the alert did suggest that we reduce our physical activities for now, something that I'm willing to do since we've been busting our butts these past few weeks unpacking and getting the house back to normal.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-08-2014

Morning all on this cold and cloudy day. Christmas tree lighting at Town Hall tonight. Sending some mess north to the Yanks for a few days. Hope all have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 12-08-2014

Don - a health risk to children and the elderly <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.epa.gov/pmdesignations/faq.htm">http://www.epa.gov/pmdesignations/faq.htm</a><!-- m -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-09-2014

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy as usual, temp is 38.
Some shopping yesterday, the mall was almost empty.
Nothing new in my train world.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - New Model Railroader - 12-09-2014

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in a long time, and one of a few rare ones at that. I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone and their families a peaceful Christmas season, and all of the best in the new year!

Julian

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-09-2014

New Model Railroader Wrote:Hi everyone,

This is my first post in a long time, and one of a few rare ones at that. I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone and their families a peaceful Christmas season, and all of the best in the new year!

Julian

Thanks for stopping by Julian, and thanks for the well wishes for the Christmas season. We wish you and yours the best as well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-09-2014

Afternoon all. 41 and showers. Chilly. Back from long meeting in Raleigh.

Sir J, will try and get you a big snow storm.

Later