The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-19-2014

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy as usual. 28 degrees.
BUT NO snow.Smile
No outdoor plans for today. I ran a few trains yesterday just to polish the rails as they say.
All ran well, sure do like the Legacy engines but only have 3, too expensive for a retired guy.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-19-2014

Good morning everyone. Nice and clear out, no sign of rain, but very damp and cold. Well, cold for us since it's after 9 and it's still in the high 40's. Top temps will be in the mid to high 60's until the middle of this coming week. Still, no complaints since we've never owned a snow shovel, nor have we ever needed one. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-19-2014

My family is coming over tomorrow (about a 2hr drive for them) bringing an 18 mo old.
They will get here late afternoon, probably. I wrote the following song for my brother-in-law:

Jim's Blues
I woke up this morning (ca-chickety bang)
I was still in my bed (CaCa bumpity bum)
So I rolled on my side (Bumpity bum)
and went back to sleep. (tacet)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-20-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 28 headed fir a cloudy high of 34.

Yesterday was spent getting all the baking needs for our Christmas on Monday. Daughter and family will be arriving late Sunday afternoon. We'll have Christmas Eve then with all the traditional snacks. On Monday we'll have Christmas and on Tuesday they head for home. Then on Wednesday morning one of sons arrives home for Christmas. We'll have another round of snacks on Christmas Eve and Christmas on Thursday morning. That should be all we have this year. In the past we've had as many as five different Christmases.

On tap for today are cleaning and baking. Probably a quick trip to pick up the items My Fair Lady forgot to mention yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-20-2014

Good morning all, a chilly one at that. We are still somewhere in the mid-40's, my outdoor thermometer reads 47, but the Weather Channel app says that it's 43. Still, it'll be a clear day and around the high 60's. Last Saturday it was raining so we postponed going target shooting until today. No, we're not going at the crack of dawn like we do in the summer, but we should get there sometime after 9:00 and it should have warmed up a bit by then. Oh yeah, today is the last day of fall for this year. Tomorrow is the winter solstice or the first day of winter, but that's a relative thing since a lot of folks have been digging out of the snow for a while now, so winter came a bit early for those folks.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-20-2014

Morning. Snow flurries [not forecasted]. Very light. Suppose to end by noon. Going to Todd's Train Depot for a few. Mrs. Edna still in hospital. Last report, ICU. Have a good week end.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-20-2014

Hello Blue
Cloudy and 30 degrees.
We saw the sun yesterday for the first time in at least week.
Only lasted one day though.
Train show tomorrow with the modular layout. The December show is twice the size of the monthly one.
All tables are sold with a waiting list.
For those few on here that might be 3railers the Lionel big Boys have arrived.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-20-2014

We have begun moving some of Running Bear's posts to our "Remembering Our Fallen Flag Members" forum. Here is the direct link to our tribute:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=8021">viewtopic.php?f=83&t=8021</a><!-- l -->

We'll be moving some more of his better posts showing some of his models, in the next few weeks.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-21-2014

Morning all. Sun I finally out. Rain returning tonight and continue until Wed morning with Tstorms. Crazy. Hope all go your shopping done. Finally finished mine. Prayers for those who need them. God bless all.

Nice Christmas humor.

Big subdivision and one street decorates for every holiday. They really get into it. Well, one neighbor did them all in.

[Image: ry%3D400]

House is dark except:

[Image: ry%3D400]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-21-2014

A nice tribute to Jeffrey.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-22-2014

Morning all. Cold and raining. Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-22-2014

And a good and hearty morning to you all. Three days until Christmas, that kind of snuck up on us. I guess when Walmart started putting out their Christmas decoration stock in September, you might think that Christmas is an all-year thing.

We did go target shooting on Saturday. Nice weather, clear and crisp. It was a bit crowded there, groups of people you would normally not expect. One group was shooting long-range rifles, and they were set up on one side of the road with their targets on the other side. If they had gone around the hill, there are some long-range areas there where they don't put anyone else in danger. Another group set up probably 40 feet from us and a bit too close to where we were shooting so we just packed up and left. Best be safe than sorry. Flatiron Mountain is over a mile wide and around half that deep, so why in the heck do people decide to group so close to each other is beyond us. Curse

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-22-2014

Good Morning Blue
We finally can see the sun. Glad it's still there.
Temp is 32 degrees and NO Snow.
I helped set-up the modular layout yesterday.
No trains bought but I did buy A diecast 1951 Hudson for 20 bucks. I think it's 1/24th.
After taking a better look at it last night I see it was a Franklin Mint car.
I don't know if they still make cars but at one time they were kinda pricey.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 12-22-2014

ezdays Wrote:Another group set up probably 40 feet from us and a bit too close to where we were shooting so we just packed up and left. Best be safe than sorry. Flatiron Mountain is over a mile wide and around half that deep, so why in the heck do people decide to group so close to each other is beyond us. Curse

It's people like that, who give some small credence to the need for "gun control"... Nope brainless is, as brainless does. Wink

I have always tried to make sure there is something behind my "targets" to insure nothing else, and no one gets "hit".

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-22-2014

Sumpter250 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Another group set up probably 40 feet from us and a bit too close to where we were shooting so we just packed up and left. Best be safe than sorry. Flatiron Mountain is over a mile wide and around half that deep, so why in the heck do people decide to group so close to each other is beyond us. Curse

It's people like that, who give some small credence to the need for "gun control"... Nope brainless is, as brainless does. Wink

There is a group of shooters that periodically have organized cleanups there. Thumbsup Then there are a few groups that have unorganized trash-ups. Icon_twisted This usually happens when the weather gets nice enough to be able to go out and shoot wearing flip-flops and shorts. :o What this group does is bring most any kind of item they want to get rid of, like the last person shooting in the spot we chose, had something against their HP printer. Enough that they left pieces of it all around. Some bring old TV's, computers and monitors and other appliances, shoot them to pieces, then leave them for someone else to clean up. Curse Curse Do you dare go up to a group like that, who might be waving loaded weapons around, and tell them that they are doing it all wrong????? Nope

The group that set up next to us, basically was putting out targets in our line of fire.... all while we were still shooting at our targets. 35 35 35