The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-22-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 34 degrees with rain and snow on the way.

Christmas #1 is complete and all have retired for the night. Just enjoying the peace and quiet after the 10 year old grandson has gone to bed. They are planning to leave in the morning but we are keeping a close eye on the weather as there is a storm moving through the area. Right now it's still not clear as to whether it will be rain, sleet, ice or snow.

On Wednesday we have Christmas #2 when our younger son arrives. He will be here until Sunday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-23-2014

Morning all. Rainy [as usual]. Errands and take Town Clerk to lunch. Maybe Train Box this afternoon if Wifey does not interfere.

Prayers for Fiat and Wifey. Sounds like you are having a great Christmas.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-23-2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS BLUE
Rain overnight, cloudy and 40 now.
I got into the train room yesterday and did a couple more lubes and some train running.
Hey I gotta make sure they run ok right.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 12-23-2014

ezdays Wrote:The group that set up next to us, basically was putting out targets in our line of fire.... all while we were still shooting at our targets. 35 35 35

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted and, - - - - - that group should be called, " The duty moving targets ".
They..... might, get the idea once they were one member less. Yeah I know, but just think about, Icon_twisted Icon_twisted , how greatly the average public intelligence would improve, as the size of that group decreased. Seriously !!, putting out targets in another groups "line of fire" :?: :?: Eek Eek

:oops: :oops: Maybe they've done that before, and caught a few "stray rounds", and that's why they are now "BRAINLESS" Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

For those who would call me ugly names for what I have replied with here;
It is non-thinking people like that who end up being seriously injured, or dead, from an "accidental" gunshot wound.
There are two sides to the "Gun Safety" street. The side of the ones shooting, and, the side of the ones who ignorantly ignore the sound of gunfire and put themselves in the path of the bullets that are the result of that gunfire.
It's one thing to be on a controlled gun range. It's quite another to be out in the open, where others are shooting. The smart choice is: Know who else is shooting, and in what direction they are shooting, and avoid "being down range".
I have been there. Out in the Arizona desert, probably not too far from where Don was. We were extra careful about knowing if there were any others out there, near where we were, and what would be the safest direction to shoot in, because we, were using "automatic" weapons. We fired a significant number of rounds that day . . . . and yes, it was fun.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-23-2014

Sumpter250 Wrote:...There are two sides to the "Gun Safety" street. The side of the ones shooting, and, the side of the ones who ignorantly ignore the sound of gunfire and put themselves in the path of the bullets that are the result of that gunfire....

What you're saying is that everyone need to take responsibility for whatever action they take, be it on one side of a gun or the other, be it on one side of a steering wheel or another, the list goes on. But if there is an inherent danger in what you choose to do, you need to accept the consequences of the results. To put it into RR prospective, would someone with any good sense let a 3-year old pick up a loco that you just paid over $300 for and go "vroom-vroom" with it on the floor as if it was just another toy? Icon_lol If you do, who's to blame when something falls off it and it won't run anymore? :o Some people might go so far as to sue the parents or even the manufacturer... we are being taught not to take the blame, they say that it's the American way. Wallbang Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-24-2014

Good morning all, Christmas Eve is upon us, one more shopping day until the Big Guy puts everything under the tree. We've been watching Christmas movies the past week or two, Santa Clause, Santa Clause 2 & 3, Polar Express, The Christmas Story, White Christmas and a few others. But, tonight, it's our tradition to watch A Christmas Carol (Scrooge), the 1950 version in B&W.

Our biggest Christmas present so far is from the gas station down the street, I saw regular gas for $1.999. Why they still hold on to the .0099 thing is beyond me, they should have gotten rid of that when gas went over a dollar a gallon.

Anyway, have a great and safe Christmas Eve, especially for those you you that are traveling. From what I hear, the weather is not going to be very helpful in some areas.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-24-2014

Greetings, gang.

And a happy Christmas Eve to all.

It's 34 degrees outside my window with a predicted high of 34. We picked up about 3 inches of heavy wet snow yesterday. Much of it has already melted.

Daughter and family are on their way home after a day's delay due to weather. Thanks to traffic cameras and the internet they were able to see for themselves what the roads were like and made the decision to delay their trip. Gave us an extra day to enjoy the visit.

On tap for today is the arrival of our younger son. Should be here early afternoon.

All stay safe and if I don't have a chance to get back here tomorrow, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-24-2014

Morning all. Big rains off and on. Said gone my noon but now they say tonight. Hope all have a safe Christmas Eve as folks gather and travel. God bless.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-24-2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS BLUE
Rain overnight and 46 degrees now.
Christmas will be spent with our own little family.
I hope all stay safe and have a nice warm inside kind of holiday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 12-24-2014

ezdays Wrote:I saw regular gas for $1.999. Why they still hold on to the .009 thing is beyond me, they should have gotten rid of that when gas went over a dollar a gallon.

I suspect it has to do with the fact that the pumps are all calibrated / built to calculate the added 9/10 cent/gallon. every pump would have to have all new gears to allow the dropping of that 9/10 cent stupidity...... not to mention that it's one more cent to the oil companies for every ten gallons of gas sold. Eek
How many cars a day "fill up" ( 10 gallons or more ).....it's that many more pennies a day, and, I would be curious to know how many people don't even think about that 9/10ths of a cent per gallon. Wink Icon_twisted Big Grin

Wink Wink Icon_twisted besides, this IS Government of the people, by the filthy rich, let them eat cake!! :o Wink Icon_twisted

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-24-2014

Up here, we buy by the litre (a generous quart) and the price just went under a dollar this month. But our price bounces around and uses many of the decimals.

Remember the joke about a job called "nines painter"? He was the fellow who painted the .9 so small that it would nearly be missed.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-25-2014

Good morning everyone, and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours. I hope Santa treated you well. For us, we've told Santa to skip our house. We really don't need anything, and in our time of life, if we do need something and can afford it, we'll get it then rather than wait for Christmas. Our Christmas present is just to be able to relax and not have to worry about cooking dinner for a whole group of people like we used to do back when we had the energy to do it.... No, we are not "bah humbug", it's just that your priorities change the older you get and energy is a precious commodity and for us, in short supply all year, not just now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-25-2014

That 9/10 of a cent used to be the tax. That allowed the accountants to easily calculate the taxes on the books... Remember; they used to use pencils and ledger books....

When the taxes went above .9 that should have been the time that they changed the pumps to get rid of it. Yeah, the cost would offset the idea... Sad

Also, that's .9 it's almost an extra cent for every gallon. That's how they get their taxes without hurting the customer too much. That $1.29 a gallon is actually very close to $1.30.

Now the taxes are more in the .17 to .25 range Nope Eek Eek so the .9 means nothing except to add that 1 Cent to the price.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-25-2014

Happy Kringle!!! Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-25-2014

Merry Christmas to all. Thanks "gauger" for the NS photo.