The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-25-2014

You're Welcome, Chief..... I followed that train for 4 blocks just to get that one good picture Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-25-2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS BLUE

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-25-2014

We started Christmas morning with a crisis! When we sorted out the presents (with only 2 of us that shouldn't be hard, but there were extras for her family) the red bad that I had put hers in had someone else's presents. Major concern. Had they gone back with my sister? No, I wrapped them after they left.

Finally found a second red bag on the top closet shelf -- well out of reach of the cats!

Pictures of the "trains" I got (not from my wife) will be posted in the jokes thread.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-26-2014

Good morning all, a bit chilly here to say the least, we're still in the 30's and it's just about 8:00. My thermometer says it's 38 out, but the Weather Channel insists that it's 34. The high today by anyone's guess will be in the mid-50's.

I don't know how many of you have several email accounts, most of us do. I was just looking at mine and was a bit taken back by one. I have a Yahoo account where the URL is simply "mail.yahoo.com". I also have a gmail account that I rarely use, but I noticed just now that the URL for that one is: "mail.google.com/mail/...followed by 202 characters" I'd hate to have to calculate just how many different combinations there are in 202 alpha-numeric characters, but I'm not sure a term exists for that large a number. Nope that comes to 38 to the 202 power, or 38 x 38, 202 times. Why in the world is that necessary? No wonder I avoid using that account. 35 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-26-2014

Morning all. Sunny and warming fast. Christmas was great. Only big surprise. Wifey got me a violin and lessons. HUMMM I don't do music. We'll see. Off to the hunting as weather has finally cooperated.
Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-26-2014

Good Morning Blue
We finally have some sun and 39 degrees.
Christmas with the kids. All was great except for the football somebody gave a grandson.
By evening I was ready to toss him and the ball out of the house.
Me thinks today will be a quiet one.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-26-2014

sir james Wrote:All was great except for the football somebody gave a grandson.
By evening I was ready to toss him and the ball out of the house.

S.J.

Look at the bright side... Someone could have given him the Referee's Whistle Eek Eek

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-26-2014

Good evening all,

Well, another holiday come and gone. Of all of the stuff I asked for(needed) got them except for one thing(a new belt). Had family get together and then off to work for second shift.

No new train stuff, mostly work t-shirts and socks.

Hope all had a good Christmas and a good new year in case I do not post again before the new year, been taking a cat nap all day long today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 12-27-2014

Xmas is over and we got the first snow this winter. 2" so far (11am) and it will continue for the next 24 hours to show. Lucky coincident it's weekend and only extreme light road traffic. Everybody stays home and digests still all the xmas food absorbed the last three days (24 - 26 are holidays in Germany).
Three days xmas plus 2 days weekend. Lots of people had Monday/Tuesday vacation to have 9 days off with two days vacation only.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-27-2014

Good morning everyone, calling it chilly outside is being kind, it's cold.... at least by our standards. No, no quite freezing, but close. We might make it to 60 later today, but for now, I'm not sure if I want to go outside. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-27-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a misty 45 degrees this morning.
Folks on here don't mention York to often but our reservations have been made for April.
Sounds too soon? nope early means lower rate in a nice clean place.
I wasted most of yesterday with TV and a nap. But we did have a good chat last night till 11:30.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 12-27-2014

Morning all just relaxing today need to goto store for some milk but that's about it. Sorry just can't picture the chief playing a violin. Not much been going on here. Been dropping in and reading off and on and sorry only posting with bad news but today is basically on the good side Christmas went well here and I hope it did with all you all I also the good lord blessed you all during this time of year. Hope you all have a good weekend and a Happy New Year in case I don't get back in here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-28-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 9 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 20s with increasing clouds.

Had a very nice Christmas. Very quiet with only one son here. Christmas decorations are already starting to come down. Most are packed away. The only thing left is the tree. We'll probably start on that today.

Still having a hard time picturing the Chief with a violin. I played one in high school until I found out it was an elective. Dropped that as soon as I could.

On tap for today is a stock-up trip to Walmart after breakfast and before the crowds arrive. Then we'll probably start taking down the tree.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-28-2014

Good morning, yet another chilly day in the Arizona desert. A misnomer, since we are really part of the Sonoran Desert. Another misnomer is from our Chamber of Commerce that likes to call us the, "Valley of the Sun", when in fact we live in the Salt River Valley. The Salt River runs east and west through the center of Phoenix and has been dry for as long as I can remember. Sometimes they open the gates to the dams upstream when there's too much water behind them, and this in turn causes chaos and flooding downstream. Most river crossings now have bridges, but I remember some time ago when there were only about two bridges that were passable due to the high water levels and erosion, and that was a lot of fun for a few weeks especially if you lived on one side and worked on the other.

So much for the geography and history lessons, but we don't expect flooding for a few more moths yet. In the meantime, we are still somewhere in the mid to high 30's, and yes, it did get to freezing temps in some areas. Oh yeah, it's cold, but the sun is out, hence: The Valley of the Sun still lives up to its name. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-28-2014

Afternoon all. Back from hunting camp. Deer season ends Jan. 1. Not going back. Too much water. Had wade several times to get to best stand. Saw some but not the big one. Then would take 4 wheeler to get deer out. More rain today and tomorrow. Spend the next few days in the Train Box. Where is my violin? 357