The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 07-07-2014

Evening all I remember back in 1971 I was at vo-tec for computer class and we had one there that was like almost the size of the one your showing. I never did finish computer class as it was a 3 year thing and and my father thought I should do another type of learning . so in 11th grade I ended back in regular school every day ( vo-tec was 1/2 a day in the mornings.) boy do I remember some crazy stuff from that era.

well got one corner done on the layout and all is fine then it started to rain so couldn't go out and saw the pieces I need for the corners I have to do them one corner at a time so can't cut them ahead of time as each is a little different oh well will see what tomorrow brings need to go down there and prep for tomorrow thou.

Hope all having a good day now the weekend is over

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-07-2014

Had two visitors late this morning. Harry Raintree and David came and gave me something. I think they enjoyed hearing my jaw hitting the floor.

[Image: DSCN6638.jpg]

The speaker no longer works. Corroded probably. I can replace it provided I can find a suitable replacement. It's just about an inch and a half across.

My father gave me a check for $55. That'll come in handy. So far that's it. Harry and I will be on a vision quest tonight. I'm looking forward to that.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-07-2014

Neat RB!!! Smile If you need speakers, let me know - I have some smaller ones so i can look for one for you!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Darkwing - 07-07-2014

It is looking like Rodney Raintree's old Apple IIc has a good home where it will be respected and kept in good repair.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-08-2014

Darkwing Wrote:It is looking like Rodney Raintree's old Apple IIc has a good home where it will be respected and kept in good repair.
Oh you know it does.

Good morning. It's 75° with 96% humidity. The high will be 92° and there's a fair chance of rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

This morning I'm in a small community somewhere within a seventy mile radius of my home and it looks like my trip back home later may be through rain showers with a thunderstorm thrown in for variety. That's OK. I won't be driving. Harry and I had quite a time on ours quests last night. Actually his was last night and mine was this morning. For something like this there's a traveler and a guide. While one traveled in a trance-like state (self induced, no drugs involved, just self control) the other served as guide. This prevents the traveler from wandering outside of their chosen realm and being distracted. A quest can be used to seek answers or for entertainment. For our purposes it was strictly entertainment. Mine centered around tourist railroads, railroad museums and train trips I've taken. And it's more than just rehashing old memories. It's like going through your dreams and memories but without the usual chaos associated with dreams. It's the job of your guide to help you maintain control but losing control can be fun too but you never know where you're going to end up. Now I'm not at liberty to tell you what Harry experienced but I can tell you he had great fun with Julius and Augustus, his wildcats.

My only plan for today is to get some rest and enjoy the ride back home.

Running Bear signing off from malfunction junction. Talk to y'all later.

[Image: Image15.jpg]

[Image: Image10-1.jpg]

[Image: IMAGE10.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-08-2014

Good Morning Blue
We are overcast and 70 this morning
Looks like we have rain coming.
It's ok though we have had some really nice weather lately and can use some rain.
A regular Dr checkup this morning and then I'll decide my day after that.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-08-2014

Good morning, wow, it's Tuesday already, and in a few hours we'll be back in another weekend, or so it'll seem. Another dry day yesterday, the TV weather gal had all her maps showing cells of wind and rain, all headed in our direction. One from the north, another from the southeast. I haven't a clue where they went, bu it doesn't even look like the wind kicked up hard. Today is a normal day, around 106 with a 30% chance of rain. I'll let you know what the other 70% looks like though since all we seem to get is the high humidity and dew points and even higher power bills.... :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-08-2014

Morning. Hot and humid. Need rain. May water this PM. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-08-2014

Well, it's good to be back home. Later today I'll see what my sister and niece have for me. Other than that I have no plans.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-08-2014

Good afternoon all, been busy catching up on sleep and working hard. No new train stuff, mail was all junk catalogs as usual. Weather here goes from warm and windy to cold and windy forecasted possible severe weather this evening.
Street repaved for first time since 1958 (when street was first made) needed it bad. Before they would only come by and seal the cracks with tar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB, happy birthday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-08-2014

AF350 Wrote:Good afternoon all, been busy catching up on sleep and working hard. No new train stuff, mail was all junk catalogs as usual...

Was just watching the news and they mentioned a site that you can go to and opt out of those unwanted catalogs. I had one this morning that the sender's web site wanted more info that I wanted to give them just to tell them I don't have any interest in their catalog. This other site, Catalog choices let's you do it for whatever catalog or other junk mail you don't want. I'm getting tired of opening mail selling hearing aids, satellite or TV, giving me free something or other, or a free meal if I let them tell me how they can do a better job of managing my money than I can.

Anyway, I just used this site to cancel two different catalogs and I'm sure I've got more lined up as they show up.

Been a long day for me. The IIc had some sticking keys so I tore the keyboard down and cleaned it real good then put a couple drops of CRC 2-26 into each of the key mechanisms and worked them some until they moved like silk. I also removed the spill guard as it was coming apart and bunching up around the keys. Only the A2S4000 model had it. Apple didn't include it with the A2S4100 and the A2S4500 (IIc Plus) and it was a somewhat common practice to remove it from the A2S4000. Anyway I put it all back together and tested it. All the keys work great with the exception of the 'L' key. It has a tendency to double clutch (make two or more 'L's when struck.

Got $55 from my father as a birthday present. That's already earmarked for immediate use. More groceries for the most part. My sister and niece chipped in a bit for the 'Engine/Vehicle fund but it doesn't amount to much. Less than $100 between them.

Gotta go to the hospital tomorrow morning to have an ultrasound exam done on my liver/gall bladder area so they can see what the gall stones are up to. There goes the morning.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: IMAGE6.jpg]

[Image: IMAGE39.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6653.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-09-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cool and sunny this morning. Right now it's 57 after an overnight low of 52. High for today is supposed to be about 79 with continued sunny skies.

We had round #5 yesterday of chemo. My Fair Lady has developed an allergy to one of the drugs. The other causes intense pain for about 18-20 hours so both drugs have been discontinued. We go back in three weeks at which time our physician will come up with new drugs to use. My Fair Lady is feeling much better this morning after a fairly uncomfortable night.

On tap for today is a trip to the grocery store and maybe a bike ride later.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 07-09-2014

Morning all just a stop by to say hi. Not a lot planned for today. I'm 1/2 way done with changing the curves on my shelf layout from O-42 to O-54 which will allow me to run any of my trains up there my Atlas cars require a minimum O-54. There scale Tank cars ( 10 ) and scale boxcars ( 2 ). The 2 spots left are hard to reach areas but not impossible.
Hope all are having a good week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-09-2014

Good Morning Blue
Downpours of rain yesterday morning has brought our daytime temps to the 70s.
No train news at all, after the awful winter we had I think everyone is just happy to get outdoors.
S.J.