The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-04-2015

Afternoon all. T'storms. Windy.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-05-2015

And a good Monday morning to you all. The first full week of the new year and I hope it's a good one for you. For us, we're off to a good start with temps scheduled to be in the 70's for the next few days. We've got all our Christmas decorations down and put away so this should be a easy week for us.

Well, yet another Super Bowl is coming here in a few weeks. Big deals all over the area. DirectTV has built a big venue in a farm across from the stadium. I just looked it up since I had no idea what they were going to do there, and apparently they've got a couple of stages for entertainment, and tickets are only $99. Other activities over the next few weeks include the "NFL Experience", I guess that's for kids of all ages doing what the NFL thinks will make them a few more bucks. I was reading where the NFL supposedly asked some of the headline entertainers to pay to perform at halftime. Geeze, that's like some rich dude panhandling in Beverly Hills with the super rich begging from the super rich. 35 You know, maybe they wouldn't need the extra money if they were a bit more frugal with what they pay some of the players. I just heard where they Arizona Cardinals are contemplating whether or not to keep one of their stars on the roster next year. His contract is for well in excess of $100,000,000, and for the new season, his salary and bonuses will come to around $32,000,000. And that's just one player..... :o Oh yeah, and one of the entertainers at this Super Bowl also earned something well in excess of $100,000,000 last year. I'm not complaining, my Social Security payment did go up by $29 a month this year so I should be able to mingle with some of those people now, eh? Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-05-2015

Greetings, gang.

Clear, cold, and -8 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be +8 and a winter storm warning has been posted for this afternoon and evening with predictions of up to 11 inches by the time the storm is over. After the snow stops the wind is supposed to pick up so it could be nasty by tomorrow morning.

Started replacing the mesh in the screens for the front porch and ran out of nails so I'll need to make a quick trip to Menards before I can continue that project. On tap for today is chemo and a quick trip to the grocery store for a few essentials to ride out the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-05-2015

Hello Blue
Sun and 8 degrees. It is definitely January in Michigan
No train news and just a dusting of snow. It made the roads slick though.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-05-2015

There's a good "cover" of snow, and the temps are low enough, and winds strong enough, to produce double digit wind chill factors. Can't think of a better day to stay inside and work on some modeling project, like a 47' LWL, ( Length at Water Line ),
52' LOD ( Length On Deck ), Cutter rig coastal freighter, for the Seaport Village and Museum modules. I want to get this one finished, before I start the "Tern". That three mast schooner will be a scratch built waterline model, plank on frame, that will measure about 22" ( HO 150' )LOA. That's Length Over All, from the tip of the bowsprit to the end of the main boom.
If there's enough interest in seeing that project evolve, I might be tempted to document that build here on Big Blue. Yeah, I know , it's not "Train related" Wink , but some destinations, require transport by sea, in addition to transport by rail. Icon_twisted

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-05-2015

Afternoon. Sunny, breezy and so so temps. Tummy thingy so staying home today. Better already.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-05-2015

Sumpter250 Wrote:There's a good "cover" of snow, and the temps are low enough, and winds strong enough, to produce double digit wind chill factors. Can't think of a better day to stay inside and work on some modeling project, like a 47' LWL, ( Length at Water Line ),
52' LOD ( Length On Deck ), Cutter rig coastal freighter, for the Seaport Village and Museum modules. I want to get this one finished, before I start the "Tern". That three mast schooner will be a scratch built waterline model, plank on frame, that will measure about 22" ( HO 150' )LOA. That's Length Over All, from the tip of the bowsprit to the end of the main boom.
If there's enough interest in seeing that project evolve, I might be tempted to document that build here on Big Blue. Yeah, I know , it's not "Train related" Wink , but some destinations, require transport by sea, in addition to transport by rail. Icon_twisted

You know that we have a sub-forum called, "Other hobbies" and I know that a lot of folks would be more than interested in following your build. My point being...DO-IT!!!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-05-2015

Good afternoon all,

Recovering from nasty cold/upper respiratory infection. Got some gas today $1.81 a gallon. Temps awhile ago was 14 Deg. F. Just a dusting of snow here and there with an occasional frozen water puddle. Last night was cold and very windy.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-06-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cold this morning outside my window. Right now it's -8 after an overnight low of -11. High for today is supposed to be +8. The overnight low for tonight is supposed to be -14 with tomorrow's high predicted to be -11 and windy. We were blessed with about 8" of light fluffy snow overnight. It was easy work for the snow blower this morning but if that wind picks up tomorrow it could make for a difficult travel day.

Next up on the agenda is a couple of cookies and then it's time to pay the bills. Other activities may arise as the day progresses.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-06-2015

Good morning, nice day in store, been working in the garage on my layout lets and the garage door is up. My wife did some work outside straitening things up in the back patio as well. We're looking at the mid to high 70's for the next few days. Got the legs painted and just waiting to put a second coat on in about an hour from now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-06-2015

Afternoon all. Fair and cooler but not cold [yet]. Town meetings all morning and until now. Got two more ponds to manage [one of the guys in the meeting owns them]. Now off to another one. Was suppose to have only an hour meeting for the day. Way it goes sometimes.

Tummy still not par.

"Fox on the run."

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-07-2015

Good morning all. I see by the weather reports that there are sub-zero temps in a large part of the US. I don't suppose that it's appropriate to mention that we got up to 79 yesterday and expect the same for today. Nope, not bragging, just the facts. I feel for you all that are in those areas, I guess though, that once it gets below zero, you really can't tell the difference, cold is cold no matter. The same goes for our summers, once it gets over 110, you can't tell, hot is hot.... Good luck, stay safe and stay warm, it shouldn't last too long.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-07-2015

Morning all. Chilly and sunny. Wind to pick up and temps to drop. High tomorrow 28. Eek Then some warming after that. Nothing on agenda for Town today [bet something pops up as usual]. A one to tow hour meeting yesterday morning ended up with all day attention and TV interview at 4:30. 11:00 news and this morning news. Won the controversy. Great ending.

Stay warm and safe.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-07-2015

Good Morning Blue
We have blue sky and 10 degrees'
It's stayin Jan. cold till the weekend.
Grannys bowling but I have no plans to go out.
No train news but the usual chat last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-07-2015

Good afternoon all,

All well as for cold just in time to go back to work 1st shift Thursday and Friday Smile

Saw an add in MRH, MRH Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine is looking for 6 writers to take turns on a new column dealing with Proto lancing and freelancing model railroads. :geek:

Just got back form the dentist no problems.