The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-11-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 25. An inch or two of snow expected overnight.
No biggie.
Just checking in. 1 week of January gone, seems like we have about 5 more before February.
No train news, missed the club meet due to a stubborn cough that won't go away.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-11-2015

Sunny and cold out but warming fast. Receptions to attend today.

Sir. J, mush mush. Get well.

All have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-12-2015

WAKE UP!!!!! Raining as usual. May hit the Train Box and do some work. Been catching up on DVR'd shows. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-12-2015

Good morning, and a wet one here too. Yup, those weather prognosticators got the odds on their side this time. It did indeed hit the "40% chance of rain" side of the equation. We went out early this morning and it was raining at Walmart, right up to around a half-mile from the house, and not a new drop in our area since we left. The dry spot that was under our vehicle was still dry when we came back. Oh well, it did rain and that's a good thing. Another good thing today was I made my regular stop by the sporting counter at Walmart, and noticed that there was no line, but I had to ask anyway. "Any .22's?". I almost had a heart attack when he said "yes" Eek .... I got three boxes of 225, and he let my wife buy three as well. Thumbsup Thumbsup Not even one person in line. Does this mean that the hoarders and resellers don't have room for any more? It doesn't matter, it's just that I'm always the last to know when they have a new shipment, and everything is usually gone by the time I get there.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-12-2015

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Don, Looks to me, more like the "Anti Gun" people finally woke up and realized "Guns" don't kill people..... :o ammunition does Icon_twisted 357
And - - - - - -
The Constitution only guarantees the right to "Keep and bear Arms".
Wink Icon_lol it doesn't say a thing about "ammunition" Cheers 357 357 357 357 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-13-2015

Good morning. We had a bit of rain all day yesterday, that's a good thing around here, but today is iffy. The forecast calls for 10, 20 and 30% chance of rain (dependent on who's forecast you're looking at) in Phoenix, but here in Surprise, 25 miles to the NE, it shows as 0%. I don't really care, rain would be good, lots of rain would be better.

I guess they're getting ready for some of our annual car auctions this week. There are around six of them, the most notable one is the Barrett-Jackson Auction in north Scottsdale. We lived not too far from that one about 15 years ago and so we were going to go there just look around but it was raining and the parking lot was muddy, plus it was full. it took us a half-hour to get out of there without ever getting out of our vehicle. I watch "Chasing Classic Cars" on TV and I have to shake my head when I see a car being auctioned off for millions. I saw one get up to $20,000,000 and it didn't sell since it didn't meet the reserve. Had I known that, I would lave bid on that one since it would have been a steal at $25 million. Goldth Oh yeah, my bid would be contingent on getting a no-interest bank loan to cover the bid and fees. 357

Yeah Pete, some officials have figured it out, but we have hoarders and "preppers" that have made ammo scarce. Most calibers are back on shelves now, but for some reason, .22 LR is still hard to find. That's why I was shocked that there wasn't a line yesterday at Walmart to buy what they had. There is a app for iPhones where they can find out specifically what each store is getting delivered that day. Some people buy to hoard, others buy to resell at up to four times what they paid. These people wait in line as early as 1 AM (the sports dep't opens at 7), just to be sure to be first in line. Maybe that market is getting saturated, and maybe the government's ordering 2 1/2 billion (yeah, with a "B") rounds for Homeland Security is not working to keep us from having any ammo for sport.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-13-2015

Morning all. Rainy and chilly. We've had lots of rain in 36 hours. Now may get some light icing during the night. Everything super wet. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-13-2015

Good Morning Blue
Tis a beautiful BUCKEYE morning.
I stayed up past bed time to watch the game.
We have sun but only 9 degrees. Will stay cold till Friday.
No train news except Mich. Charlie is working on his new layout.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-14-2015

Good morning, and happy Hump Day once again. Thumbsup Not sure why, but they seem to come around so quickly. Icon_lol All the news here has their "countdown to the Super Bowl" clocks ticking. The "newscasts" are also filled with shots of various cars up for auction at one of the many auto auctions being conducted right now. If you enjoy people watching, now's the time to come here. With the auto and Arabian horse auctions, the Phoenix Open golf (which incidentally is held in Scottsdale), and the Super Bowl in Glendale, all happening around the same time, just about anyone who is anything and has an unlimited bank account, is here. Private jets are wingtip to wingtip on the tarmac at every airport around the valley, and if you haven't reserved your limo by now, forget it, they're all taken. I wouldn't try to get a reservation at any high-end restaurant either, not for a while yet.... as if I would anyway. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-14-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 19 degrees this morning with a predicted high of 28. Much better than yesterday morning's low of -16.

Not much to report this morning. Today's agenda should see the completion of phase one of the screen project. Phase two will involve repainting all of them. I'm really looking forward to spring so I can put them back up.

Had a good chemo on Monday. My Fair Lady's weight was up and the doctor indicated the liver seems to be shrinking. Next Tuesday we travel to Ames for a ct scan. No chemo, just a look-see on how things are progressing.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-14-2015

ezdays Wrote:Yeah Pete, some officials have figured it out, but we have hoarders and "preppers" that have made ammo scarce. Most calibers are back on shelves now, but for some reason, .22 LR is still hard to find. That's why I was shocked that there wasn't a line yesterday at Walmart to buy what they had.
These people wait in line as early as 1 AM (the sports dep't opens at 7), just to be sure to be first in line. Maybe that market is getting saturated, and maybe the government's ordering 2 1/2 billion rounds for Homeland Security is not working to keep us from having any ammo for sport.

To the best of my knowledge, the document I am about to quote, has not yet been banned from public knowledge, so I'll quote it here.

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united states of America

" When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands that have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitled them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive (( The government's ordering 2 1/2 billion rounds for Homeland Security ?? ))
of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness "

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-14-2015

Sumpter, means you don't run the nation with executive orders. We dodged the bullet. Mainly freezing temps and mist. Highways open. Some bridges have given problems. Staying in. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-14-2015

I think the problem is that some people in congress have spent a good portion of their lives watching TV, therefore, their attention span is measured in milliseconds. About halfway through the first sentence of that document, their minds drift to more important matters, like where is their next free meal coming from or how can they justify yet another junket to Hawaii or Tahiti. I'm not badmouthing our congress, I'm just saying.....

It might not be such a bad idea that, as a requirement to take their seat, every member of congress must read both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, then take a test to see how much they really understand. Above 80%, you get to do the things you were elected to do, below that, you get to stay after school.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-15-2015

Good morning folks, here we are on the backside of Hump Day, heading to yet another weekend. This will be average here temperature-wise, highs in the low 70's. Also average are the crowds coming in for all the various activities. Add all of them to those already here taking refuge from up north and other places where the sun won't come out for another few months and it gets a bit too crowded. Still, we must be grateful for what they do for our economy. Unfortunately, from what I understand, most of what they spend here for the Super Bowl goes right back out of state, a good portion to the NFL.

We have a new governor in Arizona. He has a strange new concept. He comes from the business world where you can't just increase prices in order to meet your expenses. His idea is to spend what you have and not try to milk more out of the taxpayers. I think the days of the infinite source of revenue are in the past. Now if only those people that we send to Washington in our behalf, can learn from that concept. It might also be a good idea for the NFL to look over that concept as well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-15-2015

Good Morning Blue
We started at 5 have soared to 18.
Grocery shopping this morning, no such thing as a lower price store anymore.
We do shop at the off brand store for the things we like.
Biggest local train show this weekend, I will be working with the Glancy modular group.
S.J.