The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-15-2015

Afternoon all. Thanks for this forum letting folks talk and joke. Most are too picky. One just screwed up it software and will not fix it. Has the don't care attitude about its posters. Still misty but above freezing. Forecasters claim sun it to come out. Haven't seen it yet. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-15-2015

Chief Eagles Wrote:Afternoon all. Thanks for this forum letting folks talk and joke. Most are too picky.

It is the somewhat more relaxed environment here that attracted me in the first place, and then, got me to be a moderator here. This is worth " a bit of gentle guidance ", to keep it a "more relaxed environment". . . ,
and, you are most welcome.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-16-2015

Good morning all. Sun is out and things are warming. Eye Dr. apt for annual checkup. Bet I have to have new lenses. $$$$$ Been three years. Hope all are doing well. Have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-16-2015

Good morning everyone, I hope you all are ready for an exciting weekend. For us, getting up and getting a cup of coffee is about as exciting as our day gets, and if you think about it, that's not bad for our age. Wink Oh, we've finally hit the weather that people flock here for, we'll be in the mid to high 70's for at least the next ten days with lows in the mid 40's to high 50's. Lots of stuff going on around here, they're getting ready for a bunch of pre Super Bowl activities, not only around the stadium, but all over town. I'm guessing that there's enough party liquid around here that would even keep Washington DC happy for a few days. :o Not that I think Washington is a party town, Nope but they must be doing something with their time there, they don't seem to get much else done. Misngth

Thanks Frank, as Pete says, we really don't have to try much to keep things the way they are here. We do our best to keep things neat and tidy and really appreciate the fact that people come here for fun as well as railroading. The-Gauge started out that way, and we've kept this policy every since. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 01-16-2015

Morning everyone. Off to work in the field today. Weather should be perfect.

I interviewed for a part time job last night. Something rather boring that I could do 2nd shift, but pays enough to possibly be worthwhile for a few months. I'm thinking of of ways to earn some extra money to help pay down bills. It would really cut into free time, but maybe a little sacrifice now will provide more comfort in the future.

Yesterday, i was investigating what it takes to do white metal casting at home, and it doesn't look that difficult. I may give it a go. I always had an interest in this, and in producing a few detail parts that I could try to sell. Not sure if there is much of a market for this anymore, though.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-16-2015

I've been talking about the Super Bowl, which is being played here in just about two weeks. I know that it's no only tough to get tickets, but very expensive as well. I was just reading an article in the local newspaper, and here's the skinny. The face prices on tickets start at $800 and go up to around $2,000. Now, 100% of the tickets are already spoken for, every one of them go to the NFL and the teams. The playing teams split 35%, the host team gets 5%, the NFL keeps 25% and the rest is split up amongst the rest of the teams. How then does a person get a ticket you ask? Obviously, these teams and the NFL resell them at a profit to a broker that also has to make a profit. Some wind up with ticket scalpers, which is legal in Arizona. Tickets in the nosebleed sections are now going for over $2,000, and the best seats for close to $14,000 but will increase by game time. There's no price put on those seats in the skyboxes, but since they are controlled by football and corporate dignitaries, price doesn't matter I'm sure... Nope

Since I wasn't invited to sit in a skybox, I'm just going to stay home and save all that money and effort buying tickets. Besides, parking there is not a lot of fun. :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-16-2015

Good Morning Blue
No plans for the outdoors today.
It's 28 degrees with full sun.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-16-2015

I am a first shifter so far at work this year. They also switched up my days as well which is good as I can go to the train show this weekend, first one in a long while will try to post some pics of layouts at show.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-17-2015

Alright, everyone up. Time to get moving. Sun is up and its warm [for a change]. Off to take the Grandkids to The Greatest Hobby train show. Later, niece's chicken pastry birthday party. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-17-2015

Good morning everyone, we lag just a bit behind all you on the east side of the country, but we last a few hours longer to make up for it. No "Worlds Greatest Hobby" train shows here, not for a long time. One day they may find that if they come here in the winter instead of the summer, they might just attract a larger crowd. Right now wouldn't be a good time though since just about every venue large enough is spoken for with Super Bowl activities and car auctions. Speaking of car auctions, yesterday, a '64 Ferrari went for $8,700,000 (close to $10 million with buyer's premium). There are five or six auctions going on right now, this one I think was held at the Biltmore Hotel, home to presidents and other super-rich people. BTW, admission to these auctions, even just to sit and watch, can run up into the hundreds, one or two won't even let you in the door unless you're going to bid. I guess that's why I stay home and catch it on TV. I not only save money, but avoid the crowds as well. 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-17-2015

Good Morning Blue
Overcast and 25 degrees.
Setup today of modular layout.
Big train show tomorrow.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-17-2015

Well,

Went top the train show but camera failed to power up 35 790_smiley_picking_a_fight Curse Looked at all the layouts twice and glanced at the vendors but was not in the market for anything. Of worthwhile note there was a small S scale switching demonstration using DCC it was interactive as they told you what to do with the remote to do some switching moves. There was Scale couplers and track on the models and switching layout. I think there were 6 layouts plus a big loop of track for kiddies to operate hand powered hand cars. I did get a 3X train shirt. Was very crowded well charge up the other camera and go again Sunday as I can get back in free but still need to pay to park which was kinda steep $5.00 to park $9.00 to get a ticket. I promise there will be pics from Sunday of the layouts.

Sir James and Chief have fun at the train shows Thumbsup Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-17-2015

You think $5 is bad and $9 to enter. How about 6 to park and $15 to enter. Lots of big module layouts. Lots of venders. Grandson loved the Lego train the best. Nope

Hey KEV, glad you are back. Post some of those good layout photos like you have at other places. I have had this tummy stuff off and on for weeks. Think it is now gone [I hope]. Stubborn. Would not go up the street to the Dr. One time this fall, was getting sick. Dr. did that up the nose flu test. Negative. She went ahead and prescribed that Tamaflu. Worked great.

Off to bed. Oh, guess what? RAIN over night. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-18-2015

SLEEPY HEADS!!! I'm back from Sunday School. Big rains early this AM. Seems to be moving out and stay that way for a few. Thumbsup Have a great week.