The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-18-2015

Well here are some of the pics at least the ones that turned out alright of the train show.

First up are some pics of the S gauge club layout I used to belong to.

Here are some pics of the large HO modular layout.

Here are some pics of one of the N layouts.

And here is the other N layout pics

Lots of people both days of the show did not get a chance to photo the switching layout promoting NASG and DCC control of S scale trains, also could not get a clear shot of the lone 3 rail O and Standard gauge layout it had very little scenery but was built at a kids eye level therefore was a big crowd all the way around(not complaining as this is a good sign for the hobby).

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-19-2015

Greetings, gang.

Very cloudy and 32 degrees. Predicted high for today is supposed to be in the upper 40s. Cooler tomorrow and for the rest of the week but temperatures are still supposed to be at or above normal for this time of year.

Over the weekend I finished phase one of the screen repair project. All the mesh is replaced and I have started phase two - painting. All the screens have two coats of paint on one side. Since I still have plenty of time before we will be needing them I plan to let the paint cure for a couple of weeks before painting the other side. After that I'll wait another couple of weeks to allow the other side to cure before putting the screens back in storage until we need them, probably late April of early May.

Not much on tap for today. I may actually make a trip to the gym. Also plan to help My Fair Lady make a Boston cream pie or possibly some cinnamon rolls. Depends on how she feels.

Tomorrow we make a trip to Ames for a ct scan to see how things are progressing.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-19-2015

Good Morning Blue
Gray skies and 32 degrees.
Home from the grocery store. To pick up a few things cost me $90.00
The local train show here was well attended, they had shuttles to bring people from other parking lots.
A good part of the day our modular layout was 2 deep. And it was a very large 3r layout.
Great pics from AF350 Thumbsup
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-19-2015

Finally home from American Sniper and a dinner meeting. Fair and warm.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-20-2015

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 34 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 40s with 20-40% chances of precipitation in the form of rain, freezing rain, or snow.

Had a quiet day yesterday. I did make it to the gym. Swam for almost half a mile and walked for a mile. I took it fairly easy since I haven't been to the gym for three months.

The trip to Ames for the ct scan has been cancelled by the doctor. Seems they finally found the scan that was done in late December. We will get the results next Monday when we go for chemo. On tap for today is a shopping trip. My Fair Lady wants to go to Walmart and Hobby Lobby.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-20-2015

Good morning everyone. Gunna be a nice day out today, we'll be in the high 70's, ideal for going out to the desert for some target shooting.... OK, great idea, see you all later, we're on our way. Shoot

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-20-2015

Morning all. Fair and really warm. Need this to dry out. Busy day. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-20-2015

Good Morning Blue
Lite snow falling at 27 degrees.
Just checking in, as yesterday was a grocery shopping day with nothing on todays menu.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-20-2015

Was a warmish dry day here high was around 45. Went to Sutherlands hardware to pick up some glue and some other supplies for a project. Also got 6 filters for furnace and a 4 pack of socks that had a locomotive logo on packaging Icon_lol

If my schedule stays the same I plan on going to the next train show here in Columbus Feb. 7 & 8.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-21-2015

WAKEUP sleepy heads. Sunny and chilly [not cold]. Dogs to the Vet this AM. Then Regional Transportation meeting at 4. Hope all are OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-21-2015

Good morning all, here we are at Hump Day once again. When we had our electronic business, the girls in the back room all made a big deal out of today. I guess they looked forward to a weekend without someone cracking a whip over their heads.... no, we didn't, we treated them well. Big Grin

Nice day yesterday, I bit windy for a while when we were target shooting, I guess that's the reason we weren't doing that well. Seems as if our guns were prone to jamming. I guess it's time I took mine apart and cleaned it. I have one gun, a Ruger Mark III that I took apart once and swore that I'd never do it again. There is a specifice sequence to take it apart and put it back together and if you don't follow one of the steps in the manual right, you just start over. It took me about an hour to get it back together that time.

Things are ramping up for the Super Bowl, the Convention Center downtown is set for the "Super Bowl Experience" and some 12 blocks there are shut off for more festivities. Not to mention all the stuff going on around the stadium and other places in town. Oh yeah, two weeks after the Super Bowl, we are to be graced with the NFL Pro Bowl. Maybe they'll leave all those do-dads in place for that game as well and just scratch out the word "Super" o all those signs and replace it with "Pro"... Icon_lol