The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-21-2015

Today, I'm heading in to the V.A. to set up an appointment for a complete physical. It's been a "while" since the last time I saw a doctor. I tried calling, but after the fourth "push 'number key' for", I hung up ! :evil:
I figure if I go to the center, I will be talking to a person, not a phone recording, and maybe my chances of scheduling a physical, will improve to one in ten million, as opposed to one in ten Billion. Eek
Wish me luck Wink Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-21-2015

Sumpter250 Wrote:Today, I'm heading in to the V.A. to set up an appointment for a complete physical. It's been a "while" since the last time I saw a doctor. I tried calling, but after the fourth "push 'number key' for", I hung up ! :evil:
I figure if I go to the center, I will be talking to a person, not a phone recording, and maybe my chances of scheduling a physical, will improve to one in ten million, as opposed to one in ten Billion. Eek
Wish me luck Wink Wink

Good luck with that, they sure made a mess of things, you'd hope that they would be able to respond better than that. I've felt like do that more than once with some of my doctors, but then when you get there, the person you need to speak with is somewhere deep in the bowels of the place and is unobtainable right now because they are... yup, on the phone.....

BTW, sometimes pushing "0" gets you to a human sooner. I tried it the other day with DirectTV and I was able to bypass a whole lot of automated voice questions.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 01-22-2015

sometimes works if you press a number that isn't listed, it confuses the automated system and puts you through to an operator

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-22-2015

Morning all. Off to an early meeting in Raleigh. Back late morning. Have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-22-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 25 headed for cloudy and 35.

Not much of an agenda today. Mostly laundry and housekeeping chores.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-22-2015

Good Morning Blue
Overcast and 27 degrees.
About 2 inches of snow yesterday, just the shoveling kind but it did slow down evening rush hour.
I ordered my York badge yesterday, reservations have been made so if health permits, off we go.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-22-2015

Good morning everyone, no rain yesterday. They said it was raining, it just didn't reach the ground. Wow, when water evaporates quickly, doesn't that result in steam? Hey, look out the window, it's steaming out. 35 35

Again, the weather lady on TV says there's a good chance of rain this weekend, yet the Weather Channel says it'll be sunny all day. Oh well.... :?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 01-22-2015

good late morning, everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. Just browsing this site on my lunch break made me realize I haven't been checking the campfire as much sine Running Bear's passing. I really miss the stories about the goings on in his neck of the woods.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - dbaker - 01-22-2015

Well, I think I made it! Been a looong time since I posted here, see if I can't change that. Big Thanks to EZDAYS otherwise I wouldn't have gotten thru. I forgot the password, and had difficulty receiving an email to reset. Then the next problem I didn't do well with Caboose color. LOL Now time for dinner. See if I can get back.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-23-2015

Good morning everyone, and welcome back Don. Glad I could help get you back on.

I'm confused, with all this Super Bowl hype here, I haven't a clue when the Pro Bowl is being played. I thought it was two weeks after the Super Bowl, but now I'm not sure. I found one site that had several pages about all the event, where to go to do what, what time this or that is happening, but no dates. I guess I've lost any passion I've had for football, and now they've even deflated the little bit that I had left..... Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-23-2015

Good Morning Blue
Overcast and 29 degrees.
No new snow forecast till Sunday.
A late chat last night but no other train news.
A rag blocked the first floor laundry tub this morning
Granny cleaned the laundry room, I mopped up the basement under that room.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-23-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 28 headed for a high of partly sunny and 38.

Don - TV Guide web site shows the Pro Bowl this Sunday on ESPN at 7 Central time. It used to be played two weeks after the Super Bowl but the NFL, in its infinite wisdom, moved it to the Sunday before the SB a couple of years ago. Also, it used to be played in Hawaii.

It's been a busy day today. So far I've been out and about to 5 different stores. The car is all gassed up for the trip tomorrow to Council Bluffs for the train show. The train show itself is fairly routine but meeting the guys from the Beatrice Area Railroad Enthusiasts is always fun. After the errands were run I made a quick trip to the gym but didn't accomplish much.

No major plans for this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-23-2015

Well, no more confusion, I did see in the sports section of the Arizona Republic that the Pro-Bowl is this Sunday. 2285_ It boggles my mind that it precedes the Super Bowl by one week given that both games are in the same stadium. I also wonder, if someone from the Patriots or Seahawks is picked for the Pro Bowl, do they really let them play in both games? :? No biggie, I am steering clear of that area, and any other that might attract either football or golf fans for the next few weeks. We might hit a Burger King or Taco Bell if we want to eat out, but that's going to be it. Order a pizza from Papa John's or Domino's? You gotta be insane to even try that. They showed pictures of some local liquor stores that have so much inventory that you can't walk in the aisles. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-23-2015

dbaker Wrote:Well, I think I made it! Been a looong time since I posted here, see if I can't change that. Big Thanks to EZDAYS otherwise I wouldn't have gotten thru. I forgot the password, and had difficulty receiving an email to reset. Then the next problem I didn't do well with Caboose color. LOL Now time for dinner. See if I can get back.
About time. Rushing off to a meeting with DOT. Raining as usual. Had to go to Henderson NC this AM. Carried hotdogs to Principal at High School. We sat in her office and ate. I do that once a week or she doesn't take a break.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-23-2015

Made it to the LHS (not so local anymore) today because SWMBO went back to have her hair done. I picked up the WS track cleaning kit and a few mags. Found out that they don't have any twin-coil switch machines in stock.
Used the track cleaner on Dayle's layouts. The On30 ones run well even at minimum speed now; the Lionel needs to be fully done -- major blackness coming off. And the wheels.
Looking through the February MR and suddenly one of the neighbour's layouts shows up! It says D&RGW in Gn3. (Not sure if it's Gn3 -- looks like plain old G to me.)