The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-27-2015

Good morning everyone. I have a new theory regarding the weather. I'm sure it won't withstand the simplest of challenges, but here it is anyway. There's a finite amount of heat in the world and it's not distributed evenly. When it's cold in one area, it has to be hot in another. I say that because folks back east are battling extreme blizzards while we here in the Southwest are basking in the mid-50's, and it's only 6:00 in the morning and not even light out yet. We had a touch of rain last night, but we should be in the 70's later today. I feel badly for those that are trapped by this snowstorm, some even can't catch their flights to come here for the Super Bowl, but all that leftover heat has to go somewhere and I'm glad that it's settled here. Welcome

This is just a theory now, Misngth spoken by someone that hasn't a clue about the technicalities of the weather Nope but it is a subtle way of bragging just how nice it is here this time of the year. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-27-2015

Morning all. Cold and damp. Actually had some light snow that stuck to lawn furniture. Killing time to see if dries out. If so, will take 97 Silverado to Frankie's to install backup camera. We'll see. IF not, be lazy. Maybe Train Box work. Prayers for all in storm in NE.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 01-27-2015

ezdays Wrote:Good morning everyone. I have a new theory regarding the weather. I'm sure it won't withstand the simplest of challenges, but here it is anyway. There's a finite amount of heat in the world and it's not distributed evenly. When it's cold in one area, it has to be hot in another. I say that because folks back east are battling extreme blizzards while we here in the Southwest are basking in the mid-50's, and it's only 6:00 in the morning and not even light out yet. We had a touch of rain last night, but we should be in the 70's later today. I feel badly for those that are trapped by this snowstorm, some even can't catch their flights to come here for the Super Bowl, but all that leftover heat has to go somewhere and I'm glad that it's settled here. Welcome

This is just a theory now, Misngth spoken by someone that hasn't a clue about the technicalities of the weather Nope but it is a subtle way of bragging just how nice it is here this time of the year. Thumbsup

You probably have something there Don and i'm up for trading our snow for someone else's heat 219

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-27-2015

Good Morning Blue
We have bright sun and 19 degrees.
Being retired these winter days can be boring but the house is warm.
No news from the train store.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - dbaker - 01-27-2015

Good Morning All,
Had a Dr appt yesterday at the VA. Everything was good all numbers, Dr said Keep doing what your doing. A new Orchard Hardware Store is opening today right down the street. They are having a "soft" opening today and the "Grand Opening" in March. Really happy to see it in the neighborhood. Will provide some significant competition for Home Depot and Lowes. Maybe they will still have the calendars.

Hope every has done ok with the Blizzard, its already 70 here not a cloud in the sky and a VERY Bright sun. (Must be reflection from all the snow dropped elsewhere.

Did pick up a cold over the weekend, the temperature swings usually cause it, especially when Santa Ana winds are thrown in.

Take Care and Stay Healthy!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-28-2015

Good morning everyone, here we are at yet another Hump Day.... man, they really wiz by anymore. It's hard to believe that we're at the end of January already, Valentine Day is just a few weeks away, then I guess it's time for the stores to start thinking about putting up their Christmas decorations again. Why bother to take them down???? :?

Dbaker, it's always a good thing to hear a doctor say that to you. As far as hardware competition, around here we have Home Depot, Loews and Ace. There are a few independent stores around, but I'm not even sure about that. Even another big box store might be welcome.

Went to breakfast yesterday and asked the waitress why their parking lot was full the other day when we wanted to stop by but drove away because of the number of cars there. She said that a group called "The Romeos" come there every Thursday for breakfast. I was curious, so I googled it and came up with this acronym:

Really Old Men Eating Out....

Yup, there is an international club of really old men that get together this way. I also found that it started here in Payson, Arizona as a way of a group of WWII vets to get together, and apparently it has grown beyond that with groups worldwide. I guess I could qualify just based on age, but somehow I prefer eating breakfast with my wife, besides, I probably wouldn't be able to find a parking spot if I did join the group. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-28-2015

Greetings, gang.

Another nice day in store for us today. Right now it's 30 headed for a high of 45.

Quiet day yesterday. Made a trip to the gym and then picked up a prescription for My Fair Lady. On tap for today is a shopping trip for milk, bread, and other staples. Maybe a trip to the gym after that.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-28-2015

Morning all. Sunny and chilly but warming. More clouds and maybe some sprinkles tomorrow. Its like every third day it rains. Need to dry out some. May do some wiring at Daughter's house. SIL know nothing about anything. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-28-2015

Good Morning Blue
Full sun and 25 degrees.
I have an appointment tomorrow at 9am. The only day this week with a nasty weather forecast.
No news, just warming my cup of coffee this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - dbaker - 01-28-2015

Good Morning,
I like that "ROMEOs" never heard it before. I agree I too would prefer eating with the wife.

Need to go and give blood today for another Dr follow up. Does it ever end? Seems we're over treated at times. All I really need to do is get the leg working again, and get rid of this cold I picked up earlier this week.

Probably be a slow day today, looks like beautiful weather out, don't know what I will get into yet.

Chief you better be careful with the electrical take the time to shut the power off before you start in.

Take care and have a great day.

Be Safe and Stay Healthy.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-29-2015

Good morning all, it's starting out to be a nice day today, but they're saying there's a 90% chance of rain tonight and 70% tomorrow. Saturday isn't that good either. I say "isn't good", because it's going to screw up a whole lot of folks who want to spend the day outside either at the Phoenix Open or at one of the outside Super Bowl activities. They have a 12 block area of downtown Phoenix blocked off for a "free" Super Bowl Experience. Cheers I don't know how you get there, but if you drive, your "free" party will cost you around $50 to park your car. Still, there's suppose to be over a million people go there to party over the next few days. Speaking of parking, they are also saying that only taxicabs will be allowed to drive up to the stadium to drop off passengers, Uber cars will have to drop people off at a parking lot about a mile away, and there's no shuttle. Parking at the stadium will add another $100 to your "Super Bowl Experience", but I guess if you're willing to pay a minimum of $2300 for a ticket, another 100 bucks isn't going to break you. I'm sure those people paying in the $20,000 range for a ticket don't have to worry about parking. A stretch limo probably drives them right up to the gate, maybe even to their seat. Icon_lol

Oh yeah, I see where the director of Homeland Security is here to make sure that the Super Bowl security is adequate. I wonder where he'll be sitting while he's observing security, and I wonder who paid for his ticket..... :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-29-2015

Morning all. Sunny and chilly. Installed new printer. Wifey bought two years ago. Been in box. Old one still great but ink was getting hard to find [always had to order]. Shake and Bake [Don] might have it but she wanted a new one. Waited for ink to run out. May install it back as alternate later.

Back to SonIL's. He had wrong 240 breaker to go in meter base/main breaker box. HD guy gave him wrong brand and will not fit. His problem is he did not look at breaker and see wrong brand name. 35

Sir James, haircut today. Thumbsup

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-29-2015

Good Morning Blue
Overcast and 33 degrees.
Chief no haircut for me yet. I can still comb both of them down.
Dentist this morning, Had a cavity in a filled tooth that was just not worth saving.
I expect a few days of pain but then it's done with.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-29-2015

Good afternoon all.

Snow melting here but will refreeze overnight.

Chief I use push matic breakers here they are hard to come by as they are long out of production, most electricians now used Square D boxes and breakers.

Just a lazy day here so far.

I have just about lost patience and confidence with Atlas O and their CSX Locomotive that was a special offer the delay of manufacture and delivery has now gone into years Nope Confusedhock: :? Wallbang Last e-mail from Atlas O said delivery 1st quarter 2015, I just checked their website and there is another delay as TBD to be determined. China has been a problem with this and other projects. They have not cashed my check so that is good it has been well past 90 days, at this point I doubt the loco will ever come about. I know it is common to the hobby to have special productions delayed and even canceled but this case is one for the record book. Confusedtooges:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - dbaker - 01-29-2015

Good Afternoon,

Something to be said about posting your post after you write it, not just return.

Most of you probably are already aware, but I discovered a feature on Lionel's website, "Tracks". They have a hot spot near the bottom of their home page entitled "Tracks". It is jam packed with videos of various prototypical trains, from the obscure to the weird, the rare, the popular and much, much more! It is worth the time I'm sure there is something of interest for everyone. If you haven't experienced it give it a shot.

Not much going on around here, did some walking up and down the street today, maybe a mile round trip. Used walker but very pleased with result. Think the light at the end of the tunnel is near.

Going to followup Dr appt with wife today, she is really doing well after her surgery. Things are great.

Can't imagine what the traffic will be like in Glendale, lived there for a couple of years.

Take care all and stay healthy.