end of the spur - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: end of the spur (/showthread.php?tid=7793)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: end of the spur - shortliner - 05-21-2016

This is just to let you know that Long Island Jack is coping with a family problem at the moment and may not be able to answer your post for a couple of days

Re: end of the spur - long island jack - 05-26-2016

Thanks Jack

not done a lot to the layout lately, but here's a few photos from the last time I did anything

Ray

Re: end of the spur - long island jack - 05-26-2016

hope these keep you going

Ray

Re: end of the spur - shortliner - 05-26-2016

There is a photo of the complete layout in the < ISL 2016 - Thinking out loud > thread

Re: end of the spur - Tyson Rayles - 05-26-2016

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Cheers Applause

Re: end of the spur - Steve - 05-26-2016

Stunning work Ray!
Beautiful structures & detailing....everything flows so realisticly Worship

Re: end of the spur - faraway - 05-27-2016

A true masterpiece of an ISL Thumbsup

Re: end of the spur - faraway - 05-27-2016

sorry, double post.

Re: end of the spur - long island jack - 05-27-2016

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks, had the layout up at my mates "man cave" to test it went in the car and went together on the new legs, all went well, just a couple of small detailing jobs to do and it's then ready for the exhibition circuit

i'm planning on running it a couple nights a week to get use to the WB & CC,so I can fine tune the opp's side, but what am I going to do with the rest of the weeks spare time, i wonder!!

Re: end of the spur - alcanman - 05-27-2016

Great set of pics, Ray.

The amount of detail you have incorporated into the layout is amazing! Cheers

Mal

Re: end of the spur - BR60103 - 05-27-2016

Jack
Is that you or your mate?

Re: end of the spur - long island jack - 05-28-2016

That's Bill another friend

This is me helping my good buddy Jon Grant with Sweethome Alabama at Hartlepool exhibition

Re: end of the spur - Mr Fixit - 05-28-2016

Just a question to anyone and everyone.

Is building a switching layout in a shadow box the best way forward in making a semi permanent layout which may also get moved for display purposes?

I am thinking that the shadow boxes would make things easier and safer to move without damaging things, but the size would need to be suitable for one person ie me to move and stack in a vehicle or a custom trailer.
Mark

Re: end of the spur - faraway - 05-28-2016

long island jack Wrote:... This is me helping my good buddy Jon Grant with Sweethome Alabama at Hartlepool exhibition
You may tell him it was his Sweethome Chicago layout on the internet that made me a US model railroader and locked me for lifetime in urban modeling .

Re: end of the spur - long island jack - 05-28-2016

Mr Fixit Wrote:Just a question to anyone and everyone.

Is building a switching layout in a shadow box the best way forward in making a semi permanent layout which may also get moved for display purposes?

I am thinking that the shadow boxes would make things easier and safer to move without damaging things, but the size would need to be suitable for one person ie me to move and stack in a vehicle or a custom trailer.
Mark

A lot of thought and planning went into the layout (6-8 weeks) before I started the build, each section of the layout (3 x 4'x15") weighs about 18lbs (22lbs with covers), easy for one man to lift and carry to the car, the shadow box with its covers protect it during transit

when the layouts is set up at home it sits on shelf brackets, all that mess on the floor has been cleaned up since the photo was taken!! Icon_lol

Hope this helps you, and look forward to your build!

Ray