The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-23-2019

Beside the likes and dislikes how easy can you handle todays cell phones?
I have severe problems to add dates to the calendar e.g. standing at the reception desk at the doctors office just because I need my strongest reading glasses and my fingers have a failure rate close to 50%. The simple task of cut/paste so easy with the mouse is a mayor problem on my iPhone. Moving the marker precise by one or two character is almost impossible.
It becomes better with the larger iPad and a relaxed position sitting in the living room with my reading glasses on.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-24-2019

Hot and humid.  Off to haircut.  Then go to a town north to pickup Memorial Day wreath.  Town lost the one bought last year.  Why me????

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-24-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 57 headed for more clouds and 75. Another inch and a half or rain overnight along with thunder and lightning this time. Previous events were just rain.

Went to the gym, got the yard mowed, ran the trimmer, and cleaned the sidewalks yesterday. Also had a nice chat with the neighbor lady. She's mostly recovered from a stroke a few years back. I rarely saw her during her recovery. Good to see her up and about again. Went to my weekly group last night and found out one of the members may have pancreatic cancer. Not confirmed yet by biopsy but all signs point that way. Will know in a day or two.

Was planning to go to the gym today but a kink in my neck kept waking me up during the night. Staying home instead. Lots of laundry to do. Make get in a bike ride this afternoon. Gas back down to $2.56. Glad I filled the tank before the price came down. I'd hate to see the oil companies miss out on their profits.

Frank and others in the southeast - looks like you could be in for some warm weather over the weekend. Take extra care.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/05/23/heat-wave-dangerous-record-breaking-death-ridge-scorch-southeast/1208562001/

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-24-2019

Good morning everyone, here we are at the start of yet another weekend, a holiday one at that. Memorial Day is Monday, a worthwhile one for sure.

Yeah Jim, we really only have our cell phone for emergencies, that's why we have so many minutes banked up. I get 180 minutes every three months and they carry over if I renew on time. I guess I would use it to browse the Internet, but they don't make a cell phone with a 27" screen, and if they did, my pockets are way too small for one like that....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-25-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 64 headed for sunny and 78. Weather is supposed to be dry until Sunday night.

Neck pain is doing better today thanks to Ibuprofen but now I'm coming down with a cold. Could be an uncomfortable weekend. Got the laundry caught up yesterday and also got in a short bike ride. This morning I'm headed to Walmart for a few things. Also need to find the leak in the lawn shed.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-25-2019

Good morning everyone, not much going on here, suppose to hit 90 today, humidity around 7%. By Monday we're back into the 70's then a steady rise to close to normal which is high 90's to low 100's. The snow up in Flagstaff is still making the news, just crazy weather all over the country right now. Still seeing flood and tornado damage in the news that makes our chilly weather here nothing in comparison.

Today is cleanup day. The garage is a mess from my doing some woodworking, and my train room has things scattered around. I need more storage there so I know where everything is. Right now, some things are still in boxes and others are at the bottom of a pile, I need to get organized before I get back to working on my layout.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-25-2019

Hot [93] and humid.  Cleaning house.  Taking it easy though with back.  Back doing a lot better with injections.  Hope this works. 

Farms this afternoon for a look see.  Didn't get to go yesterday due to Town stuff.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-25-2019

another nice cool day here . got to the point in  my train work area  that I cant see desk top so going to spend day cleaning.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-26-2019

Good morning all, I'm with you Jim. I got the garage cleaned up yesterday, took two dump truck loads to take away the sawdust and bits of wood... well, it seemed that way... Still have to tackle the train room, like you, I can't find anything, got to build some shelves or drawers... Uh Oh, there goes a messy garage again... Maybe just a trip to Goodwill might be the answer... Awesome

Yeah, nice day here as well, today in the low 80's, tomorrow back into the 70's with a chance of rain, then it ramps up after that and  could hit 100 by this time next week.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-26-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 56 headed for 78 later this afternoon. Rain chances start tonight and last through Tuesday night.

After a run to Walmart early yesterday I spent most of the day working on my lawn shed, trying to fix a leak. Hopefully that is taken care of now. On tap for today is racing - F1 and maybe Indy.

This cold is kicking my tail Really tired today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-26-2019

Weather station shows 99 but its getting into the sun now.  Watering routine to start.  Got to soak everything good as no rain forecasted for this week.  Off to Tybee Island GA. tomorrow AM early.  Back Friday night.  First vacation like this in years.

Hope all are doing good.  See you later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-27-2019

See you all Friday evening.  Stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-27-2019

Greetings, gang.

Rain and 67 at the moment with 75 as the predicted high for today. About a half inch of rain the gauge so far with 2-3 total predicted by the time the rain is over Tuesday night.

Not much accomplished yesterday. I'll be going out soon to see if the repairs to the shed worked. If not I'll have to get some Black Jack and just coat the entire seam at the top.

My sinuses have finally started to drain so hopefully this cold will be over soon.

Frank - enjoy your well deserved vacation.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-27-2019

Good morning all, today is Memorial Day for a lot of us, I think that worldwide, we respect this day as a way of remembering those who sacrificed all to maintain the freedom we all enjoy. My wife lost a brother in the Korean war, she wrote a book about her family life and as an introduction, she wrote this poem as a tribute to those who go into battle for the sake of others. I may have posted this in some years past, but it's worth repeating on the day of remembrance.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-27-2019

61 this morning with a wind burrrrr. the thing I think about today is the first causality of war  that is innocence.