The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-18-2018

Greetings, gang.

28 degrees and SNOW!!!!!!. I am soooo sick of this. Up to 9 inches predicted before it's all over. As if to rub it in this morning's paper contained an ad for Menards "Spring Deck and Landscaping Sale." I think I'm going to move to North Carolina and live in Frank's train box. Eek

Went to the gym yesterday and swam a half mile then walked for another mile and a half. Ate very little yesterday and still managed to gain two pounds according to my scale. May have to replace the scale. Finally called the flooring company and got the information I needed to continue work. Should finish that project today except for the trim on the edge of the steps. Also need to do laundry, pack, and load the car. Headed to visit lady friend tomorrow. On Friday we are headed to Nebraska to visit friends and go to the Spring game in Lincoln on Saturday. On Sunday we'll stop in Omaha to visit my granddaughter and her family in the morning and then head back to lad friend's place Sunday afternoon. Then on Monday I'll head back here.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-19-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 27 this morning headed for a high in the low 40s. This is probably my last post until Monday or Tuesday. Leaving shortly with lady friend for a trip to Nebraska. Will check in when I get back.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-19-2018

Good morning all, have a safe and fun-filled trip Tom. Kind of chilly in Nebraska still, but then again, you're use to that. Here, we're dealing with normal or above normal temps, going to be back in the 90's by the weekend. It's weird when the heater kicks in during the night and early morning, then we need the A/C later in the day.... Typical for this time of the year, but still a bit weird.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-19-2018

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 27 this morning headed for a high in the low 40s. This is probably my last post until Monday or Tuesday. Leaving shortly with lady friend for a trip to Nebraska. Will check in when I get back.

All stay safe.

Tom

2285_

Enjoy your trip.

Sunny and warm. 76 degrees out. Some wind this afternoon and dropping into the 50's. 60's rest of the week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-21-2018

Good Saturday morning to ya all.... A bit cool in the mornings here and will stay cool, only hitting 88 later today. Things change starting tomorrow, going into the low to high 90's for all of the coming week.

We are still tuning up the new site, and not without a few issues which is why we're starting on this project early enough to be sure we know what we're doing and everything, including all our photos come with us. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of photos that were linked to Photobucket are now replaced with a message saying that "third party hosting has been temporarily disabled". We have some that show as, "[img]filename[/img]", but are not clickable. These photos may not be transferred to the new site for obvious reasons since the software has no idea what to do with them. A few older photos show up as being corrupt. I wish we could recover them all, we'll try our best and hope that we can recover those that are possible. (No, we cannot do anything about the Photobuck ones.)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-22-2018

Morning. Sunny and 67. Rain on the way tomorrow evening. Got garden turned over with bottom plow and then disked down. Ready for bed to shovel up. Then plant. Tired old man last night.

DAZ, thanks for all you do on this site.

Tom is off with lady friend. Having fun I hope.

Have a good week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-22-2018

Hello Blue
Sun and 50
Home from York. We also went to Steam Town in Scranton Pa.
Fun but tired.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-23-2018

Good morning everyone, we had a warm, but breezy weekend, and in for an even warmer week. Suppose to get close to the 100 mark by the end of the week. Strange, but they're saying that it snowed up in the Snow Bowl area outside Flagstaff. Weird weather we're having around the state, but then again, we have the low elevation desert in the south half and high elevations with forests and mountains in the northern half. It even snows up in the Grand Canyon which is at the most northern part of Arizona.

Ya all have a great week..... Worship

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-24-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 41 right now headed for a high in the upper 60s. Finally some good weather.

Got home yesterday afternoon, dropped my suitcase by the door, and dropped myself in my chair. The only times I moved were for food and drinks. Fun trip but very tiring. Sat outside Saturday afternoon in the cold and wind for about 3 hours. Really takes the energy out of you.

Lots to do today. Empty the suitcase, start spring yard work, laundry, etc.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-24-2018

Ahh, good sunny morning to ya all. Sunny and the start of a hot day. We were at 75 degrees at 8:00, heading to 90 at noon, and 97 around 5PM. Just a bit over normal. We have three or four wildfires around the state, the larges right now has been burning over two weeks and is at almost 17,000 acres with only 25% containment. Most, if not all of these fires are human caused. We had a very dry winter so people need to be careful.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-24-2018

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 41 right now headed for a high in the upper 60s. Finally some good weather.

Got home yesterday afternoon, dropped my suitcase by the door, and dropped myself in my chair. The only times I moved were for food and drinks. Fun trip but very tiring. Sat outside Saturday afternoon in the cold and wind for about 3 hours. Really takes the energy out of you.

Lots to do today. Empty the suitcase, start spring yard work, laundry, etc.

All stay safe.

Tom

I'll bet it did. Icon_lol

Rainiy and 60 degrees. Goofing off today. About time. Run one errand into Raleigh. Train Box this afternoon.

DAZ, seems more kids are killed in driving accidents than by shootings. Why don't we raise the driving age to 21. :o

Garden spot ready for planting. Finished it Sunday afternoon by shoveling up the beds. Tomato plants in greenhouse 3 foot +. Will set out when rains stop.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-25-2018

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day underway in the remote wastelands of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 39 headed for a high in the mid 60s. Got to 68 yesterday and Monday. Supposed to hit the mid 70s by the weekend. Looks like spring may have finally arrived.

Busy day yesterday. Got the laundry caught up, cut down the tall grasses, rode the bike, watered some flowers I bought for the patio, and cleared a path for the water meter replacement. Supposed to be here at 8 to replace the water meter with a new one so they don't have to walk to each house. Gas and electric meters are already like that.

If the work is done early I plan to go to the grocery store and maybe to Menards.

Frank - Thumbsup

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-25-2018

Good morning all. Hot day ahead, another 98 in the forecast, we may break into the 100's if we're not careful. Our wildfires are starting to get out of hand, I hope this isn't an indication of what's to be when we get into our wildfire season.

Good point Frank, a pity that statistics have nothing to do with it. Emotions rule. One thing that they could do would be to raise the age for being able to play video games or watching violent movies to maybe 50 or so. And even then, just put a ban on them all and see how that works.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-25-2018

My hernia does not get better by itself (as expected) and I had a first meeting at the local hospital today. Final meeting will be 5/11 and 5/15 will be the surgery. Only one night at he hospital and back home on 5/16. Sounds reasonable and fixing a hernia is a very standard procedure. I will handle it like a bad tooth and other annoyances but not as a serious disease.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-25-2018

Morning. Cloudy and may drizzle. 62 degrees. Been goofing off. Wifey loaded up all the dogs and went to buy ANOTHER Japanese maple.

Going to get the new shingles shot. Had the old version several years ago. Now for the new version. Free as insurance pays.

Good luck faraway.

Have a good one.