The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-03-2018

Best wished for a speedy recovery

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 05-03-2018

Wow Don!!! Take care!!!!
Glad that they got you back on track. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-04-2018

Don - prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 58 this morning headed for a sunny high of 75. 82 predicted for the high tomorrow.

Had a very nice visit from my lady friend. She had the opportunity to meet several of my friends. She is on her way home to attend a school function for her granddaughter. Noting on tap for today other than to enjoy the nice weather.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-05-2018

Sunny and 75. Farms yesterday. Train meet at fairgrounds this AM. Elementary school carnival at 4. SIL and her hubby coming at 6 for burgers and dogs.

Don, prayers.

Tom, glad all went well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-06-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 54 at the moment with a predicted high of about 75.

Lots accomplished yesterday. First up was a trip to Menards and Walmart. Then I got the oil changed on the car, put the screen in the door to the porch, put some grass seed down in some bare spots in the yard, repaired a slop on the approach to the bridge on the Backyard and Southern, went for an 8 mile bike ride, and a few other minor chores. Probably won't get as much done today.

Continuing prayers for Don and his lady and all others as needed.

All stay safe.

Tom

Edit to add: also celebrated Cinco De Mayo yesterday with a Corona.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-06-2018

Hello Blue
We have sun and 70s for today.
A few storms during the past week from the SW has the grass and plants growing strong.
Our D3R club meet last night was well attended.
Don hope you heal quickly and get on the move again.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-06-2018

Not much modeling since Friday. I got a Synology 218 16TB NAS (network attached storage) to consolidate all our data and lots of backup. It is a hell of a work to design and implement some clever data management concepts that support our specific needs. Tiny mistakes cost a lot of time because all tasks run for hours. Just "redo" a job voids the work of an entire morning. Anyhow I like it to do some computer stuff after so many years of being a pure iMac user.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-07-2018

Greetings, gang.

Another beautiful day underway this morning in the remote wastelands of northern Iowa. Right now it's 50 degrees headed for a high in the upper 70s with light breezes. Chances f rain start tomorrow night and last through the weekend.

Quiet day yesterday. Didn't get much accomplished. This morning will start with a trip to the gym. This afternoon I'll probably start cleaning up the yard. Lots of leaves in the corners and under the bushes that need to be cleaned out.

Reinhard - I just replaced my NAS two weeks ago after the original failed. Only 4 TB though. Definitely makes it convenient to transfer files among the 4 computers here.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-07-2018

Morning. 73 and sunny. Rain forecasted didn't come. Will have to water. Renew Conceal Carry permit this afternoon. No County Commissioners.

Prayers for Don and Mrs.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-10-2018

Greetings, gang!

First post in the new and improved Hobo's Campfire! Excellent work and I'm sure very hard work for all involved. Thank you for all your efforts on our behalf.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-11-2018

Greetings, gang.

Thunder lightning, and rain this morning in the remote wastelands of northern Iowa. High for today is only supposed to be in the upper 50s. Rain chances are in the forecast for the next 6 days with only Monday as a brief respite form the rain.

Looks to be a quiet day around here, much like yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-11-2018

(05-11-2018, 06:10 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Greetings, gang.

Thunder lightning, and rain this morning in the remote wastelands of northern Iowa.  High for today is only supposed to be in the upper 50s.  Rain chances are in the forecast for the next 6 days with only Monday as a brief respite form the rain.

All stay safe.

Tom

Well I hope this works. Totally new forum will have to get use to it.
S.J.

Hmm will take some time.

(05-11-2018, 04:25 PM)sir james Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 06:10 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Greetings, gang.

Thunder lightning, and rain this morning in the remote wastelands of northern Iowa.  High for today is only supposed to be in the upper 50s.  Rain chances are in the forecast for the next 6 days with only Monday as a brief respite form the rain.

All stay safe.

Tom

Well I hope this works. Totally new forum will have to get use to it.
S.J.

Hmm will take some time.

OK this is not going well.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-11-2018

(05-11-2018, 04:25 PM)sir james Wrote: Well I hope this works. Totally new forum will have to get use to it.
S.J.

Hmm will take some time.

Remember, there's a whole bunch of settings we need to change to make things easier to navigate. And yeah, even the admins are finding new things that are different than what we used to have. Be patient, and let us know what you're having issues with....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Genetk44 - 05-11-2018

I
(05-11-2018, 04:25 PM)sir james Wrote: Well I hope this works. Totally new forum will have to get use to it.
S.J.

Hmm will take some time.

Remember, there's a whole bunch of settings we need to change to make things easier to navigate. And yeah, even the admins are finding new things that are different than what we used to have. Be patient, and let us know what you're having issues with....[/quote]

I find the functions to add pics into the post are kind of cumbersome and a bit of guesswork is required.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-11-2018

Can't find how to make a new post, I will keep trying

Well maybe this is it. nope