The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-14-2020

(11-14-2020, 05:15 PM)ngauger Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 08:14 AM)ezdays Wrote: [
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a suggestion, I'd empty the car where it is and have the salvage company pick it up there. Saves a towing charge, unless your insurance is paying for it....

All this right before the holidays. Good luck.

Nope Nope Nope Nope
Have to bring it home.  Got to take out the Amateur radio and the satellite radio.
Also lots of stuff (junque) in the bed that we need.

Yes, insurance pays towing, so it's free to me Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Yeah, I can see clearly now..... glad to see that the insurance is paying for it Thumbsup

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-15-2020

Greeting, gang.

Cloudy, windy, and 36 in my back yard today. The high is supposed to be around 39 but with winds over 40 mph it won't be very nice out. 50s for the coming week.

Made more progress on the toyboxes yesterday. The lids are now cut out and I need to track down the hinges. Cleaned up the table saw and brought it back to the basement. Finish sanding with 400 grit and attach the lids and I'm ready to start staining. I'll skip working outside today due to the weather. With the warmer weather this week I'll finish them up and be able to stain and first coat varnish them outdoors. Then I can bring them indoors to do craft paint stencils. If all goes well and the weather holds I should be able to get another couple of coats of varnish on them by the end of the week. On tap for today is a Formula 1 race to watch at my leisure thanks to the miracle of digital recording. I certainly didn't want to get up at 2:30 am to watch the race.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-15-2020

Off to outdoor Church. Clouds trying to slip in. Windy now.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-15-2020

Good morning everyone, church locked , someone on the staff has Covid-19, so no Mass today. Watched one on TV.

Temps in the high 70's today, mid-80's for the rest of the week.

Got the layout moved yesterday, today will be spent organizing and doing some wiring to reconnect everything. Might even try to run a train to check out the wiring. Eek Maybe not, got a lot of work before that can happen, but I'll give it my best. Awesome

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-15-2020

Two couples on the rifle forum from different parts of the US have COVID.  One's wife not doing good at all.  No vacant COVID beds in WY available.   Eek

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-15-2020

Hello Blue
I haven't forgotten you it's just that we are only going out when necessary.
High today was 50 but he wind was awful. Then add some rain to that and it was not a day to be outside.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-16-2020

And a good Monday mornin' ta ya all. Warming up, we're suppose to be in the mid to high 80's today with 80's through the week. Whatever happened to rain? This is destine to be the driest year in recorded history. I do remember one year back in our cave days when our neighbor, Ug kept track of the weather on a piece of stone, there was one year that was drier than 2020, but then Ug had a fight with Ula, and she broke the stone over his head, so it never got officially recorded. Nope OK, don't believe me, but right now I feel that old...... Misngth Five days of building and moving things makes me think I was wrestling with a saber-tooth tiger. Waiting

Well, back to reality, still organizing things, never got to do the layout rewiring, also have some track to clean up from weathering, so no running trains for a while yet. Still, I'm  pleased with the progress.

Have a great day, and watch out for those low flying pterodactyls. Eek

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-16-2020

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 25 at the moment looking to double that number by day's end with winds up to 35 mph.

Had a pretty quiet day yesterday. Set the dvr for the wrong channel so I missed the Formula 1 race yesterday. Got a call from my massage therapist last night. Seems she was exposed to the virus and is cancelling appointments until she can get tested. In Saturday's mail I finally got a Menards rebate that I filed back in mid August. I know they're busy but 3 months seems a little excessive.

The agenda for today starts out with trips to Walmart and the grocery store. After that will be more toybox work. Today's work will consist of sanding and attaching the lids. I also need to order the feet and slow closing hinges. Warm weather for the coming week will allow me to do most of the staining and varnishing outdoors.

Don - trying to decide if you had too much or not enough coffee before today's post. Understand what you mean thought. Some days I fell like I used to ride dinosaurs to work.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 11-16-2020

Good morning folks

It is 47 at the moment going up to 52. We had a nasty storm roll through last evening with heavy rain and wind. Apparently, some large branches or trees came down because there are several closed roads this morning.

We went to pick up the new kitchen chairs and table on Saturday. The chairs fit in the wife’s Sportage but the table did not, so we are going to have to get that delivered. No sure what happened to the rest of Saturday. We stopped at few places on the way home with the chairs but before I knew it was bedtime.

Sunday, I assembled the chairs. We changed over the tablecloths on the dining room and kitchen tables and did some other household cleaning.

I weathered the two Intermountain boxcars that were on the bench. I need to seal them. I also prepped four more of the Atlas Trainman offset hoppers for weathering. I now have twelve hoppers in the pipeline for weathering.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-16-2020

Morning. 57 and sunny. getting ready to take Caddy for its second service. 9+ K in 14 months. Doesn't get driven enough. Dealer lady tried to talk me out of getting it serviced due to oil life. I do 5K or 6 months. Not driven causes moisture. New synthetic oil is better but still get it serviced.

Got sinus infection. Guess I need to go to Dr. Getting bloody. Need to listen to Wifey. Sucking dry leaves with mower dusts you bad. She says wear mask. I'll listen one day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-16-2020

(11-16-2020, 06:50 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Don - trying to decide if you had too much or not enough coffee before today's post.  Understand what you mean thought.  Some days I fell like I used to ride dinosaurs to work.

Sometimes my imagination wakes up long before I do. Icon_rolleyes

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 11-16-2020

hi all . looks like i missed a week . wiring project in garage  is on hold till i get some #8 wire ends . other than that things are about the same  , cold and gets dark too early.
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-17-2020

Good morning all, been wondering what happened to you Jim, thought maybe you were stuck in some VA waiting room abyss. Yeah, it's been a bit chilly, but warming up. I get to Brenda's Kitchen around 6:00 for breakfast and there's one guy there that's always in shorts and T-shirt regardless how warm or cold it is out. He's from Philly and says he loves the cold weather. I wonder if that's the way he dressed when he was in Philly in the winter.....

Just about got things put in their place, and at least I'm starting off in the new room organized, don't know how long that will last though. I've started on getting the wiring re-done but got a few other chores that take priority. I'm pleased that I have more room around the layout to work on it, and it's out there where everyone that stops by can see it. Got things on it for each one of my grandchildren, need to build something now for my great-grandchild to be.

Take care and be careful, it's a jungle out there, well, some places are from what I see in the news....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-17-2020

55 and sunny. Suck up leaves this AM and then trip to dermatologist this afternoon. Pick all hot peppers as freezing tonight. [maybe]

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-17-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 22 headed for sunny and 42. Gratefully no wind for a day.

Interesting day yesterday. Went to the gym and was able to swim a third of a mile. Had to quit because of a cramp in my foot. Shoulder caused no problem. When I got home there was a message from the massage therapist. Called her back and thanked her for her help but I didn't really need here services since my whole reason for going to her was because I couldn't swim. Then I worked on toyboxes some more and found more nail holes to fill. Got the holes drilled for the hinges and test fit them. I'll leave them off until after all sanding and staining are complete. Also went to Hobby Lobby and found some stencils to decorate the aforementioned toyboxes. I even found time to squeeze in a nice chat with the young couple across the street.

First item on the agenda for today will be a trip to the gym. After which I will do some more sanding. If all goes well I'll wipe them down and get ready to stain them tomorrow when it's supposed to be in the upper 50s. If I can get them stained early enough I might be able to get a coat of varnish on also.

All stay safe.

Tom