The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-08-2018

Good morning all. Still no rain in our direction, but "they" say there's a better chance today. We're in our "monsoon" season and it doesn't matter what they say, if it wants to rain or not rain, it'll do whatever, regardless of the forecast or how nice or not nice it looks out.

I think we've settled down and fixed the problems we were having recently with displaying new posts and with getting here with the /forum on the end of our URL. At least, now we know what to do if the problems come back.... Thanks everyone for their patience, new software for us and new challenges since there is little support to help us when we get into something like this.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-09-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 71 this morning with a predicted high in the upper 80s. Repeat as necessary for the week until Thursday when there is currently a 50% chance of rain.

Quiet day yesterday. Got the laundry caught up and watched a very entertaining F1 race. This morning I need to head to Walmart to stock up on staples such as flour, sugar, and beer. Will also do a bike ride and maybe hit the gym after lunch.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-09-2018

Dental cleaning this AM.  Now errands and mow grass.  Farms tomorrow.  Leave Wed. for a few days in the VA mountains.  Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-09-2018

Good morning, we had a dust storm last night, followed by some rain. Enough to muddy up our van, but not enough to leave even a small puddle anywhere. It's cloudy out this morning, but clearing. According to the weather lady on TV, we should see one storm around 3:00 this afternoon, and another one around 8:00 tonight. I really hope so, even our cacti are looking parched....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-10-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 68 with a predicted high of 88.

Quiet day yesterday. After my grocery run my oldest granddaughter called with her tale of woes. By the time she was finished it was getting too hot and humid for a bike ride. Worked on solar lights around the trains yesterday afternoon. More work on that today. Not much else going on around here.

Frank - have a nice vacation.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-10-2018

Good morning all. Oh joy, oh joy, we finally got rain yesterday. Normally, our summer storms come from the south, winter storms from the west. This one yesterday came from the northeast and hit the entire valley. Lots of wind and dust followed by a heavy rain, typical of our "monsoon" weather. Lots of power lines down and streets flooded, mostly around the east part of the valley, but we got the wind and a good soaking here in the northwest part, but not as bad as they did. A high percentage chance that this can happen again everyday into next week. 2285_ 2285_

Not only that, temps dropped a good 30 degrees within minutes, refreshing for sure. Just one hitch, those people that had their garbage cans out already, now have to go down the street to retrieve them and their contents (they should, but rarely do). Usually when this happens, all the mess winds up in front of our house and we get to clean it all up, even though none of it was ours. Angry

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-11-2018

Greetings, gang.

One more in a string of warm, humid days. 73 right now headed for a high of 90 with high humidity.

Quiet day yesterday. Bike ride, quick run to the grocery store, and work on solar lights is about the extent of my activity yesterday. Today will see even less activity.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-11-2018

Hot and humid again.  Yesterday was great for a July.  Replanted food plots as farmer's contractor sprayed and killed.  Never sweated.  Walked almost 8K steps.  Now getting ready to head to VA mountains.  Daughter moving in to babysit like I did for her.  Makes it a lot easier to go on a trip.  Bet the trip gets shorter than planned.  Wifey will not stay gone too long.  Just her nature.  Me, don't care how long.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-11-2018

Good morning. Cool (by our standards) and humid yesterday, no different today. Storm hit hard on the other side of town, but was a trickle by the time it reached us. Lots of trees and power lines down, even some of those steel towers got toppled just south of us.

Enough about the weather, but then again, what the heck else do we old folk have to talk about? My train stuff is still in boxes, it's too hot to go out in the garage to do woodworking, besides, I'm tired and achy, still recovering from the surgery a while back, just another problem we have as we get older, we take a lot longer to heal.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-12-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 75 headed for a high of 95. Humidity at 74%. Don - I would be happy to ship some of our excess humidity to you.

I was in a crabby mood yesterday morning. Very unusual for me. Started my bike ride. Got about a mile from the house and decided I really didn't want to ride. Turned around and came home. Decided to put weed killer on the yard instead. That went well. Came in the house and watched a movie. Decided to try the bike ride again. Went much better except I forgot my helmet which has a mirror mounted on it. Got back home in one piece and stayed in the house for the remainder of the day. By the time I got back from my bike ride I was in a much better mood.

No major plans for today other than a bike ride soon before it gets too hot outside. Late afternoon will see me headed north for weekly group.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-12-2018

Good morning all. Tom I wish I could ride a bike even a mile and back. We gave up bike riding years ago, for some reason, neither one of us could get comfortable in the seat and we tried different seats before giving up. Just has to be that as we age, our backside gets more and more tender. Blush 

Nice rain last night. It hit the east side late in the afternoon, and didn't reach us until around 9:00. We were woke up in the middle of the night with my cell phone going off with a "flood advisory". It took us a bit to figure out what was causing all that noise. It's now in the silent mode. The rain was so heavy in parts of town, that there was a fire in a Safeway grocery store, maybe from a lightning strike. The weight of the rain water then collapsed the roof. Everyone got out OK, but the store is now just a shell. 

More rain in store everyday for a while. Today's chances should be anywhere from 20% (TV lady), to 80% (weather app). Big difference. I even heard one TV weather-guesser say that the "weather models" may not be accurate this time of the year. Rolleyes Not sure how to handle that admission, but for once, someone was being honest about their forecasts...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-13-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 73 with a predicted high of 85 and a 60% chance of rain this afternoon.

Went for my bike ride yesterday. When I got home i decided to clean and oil the chain. The remainder of the day was spent indoors. This morning I'll be riding the bike again with no further plans for activity outdoors.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-13-2018

Good morning all, the start of yet another weekend. Vacation for some, just another weekend for others. For us retirees, there's no change other than there's a lot more people in the stores than on other days.

We got a bit more rain yesterday. That Safeway grocery store that burned down, they say the roof collapsed from the rainwater and a micro-burst. The debris broke a gas line, and hit the electrical box causing an explosion and the resulting fire. More rain in the forecast through the end of next week. Bring it on, we need all we can get.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-13-2018

Home from Roanoke VA.  Saw lots of trains.  Visited the O. Winston Link museum [4th time].  Now to rest.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-14-2018

Greetings, gang.

Damp a drizzle are the weather words for this morning. Right now it's a very clammy 71 degrees with a predicted high in the low 80s. Cooler and less humid by Monday, so sayeth the weather prognosticators.

Not much accomplished yesterday. I did get a call yesterday afternoon from oldest grandson inviting me to a birthday party for great-grandson on Sunday afternoon. Went out to Walmart to pick up a Lego kit. Just as i was leaving a rainstorm hit. Lots of rain and wind but nothing serious.

No major plans for today other than a bike ride. I may wash the car later.

Welcome back, Frank.

All stay safe.

Tom