The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-23-2018

Morning.  Wifey had computer tied up.  Errands all day.  Early vote probably.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-23-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and not nearly as warm as yesterday. I think Frank stopped the cold at the border and sent it back to me. 35 right now headed for a high of only 50 for today. Yesterday's high was a beautiful 65.

The weather yesterday made it nice working in the yard. Gathered up 5 large (3 ft x 3 ft) lawn bags of leaves. Will haul those off later this morning.

Had a little excitement in the neighborhood this morning. About 6:30 I heard a loud bang. Looked out but couldn't see anything. A little later I saw a cop out there with his lights on. Turns out some guy traveling west hit the the trailer that my neighbor has. Extra effort involved since it was on the south side of the street. Hit the trailer so hard it traveled across the street and landed in a lawn on the north side. A bunch of us all gathered in one neighbors driveway and discussed the incident along with getting caught up one each others recent activities. Also went to Menards this morning to buy a new electric trimmer. The old one was at least 20 years old.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-24-2018

Greetings, gang.

One more sunny day today before the clouds and a chance of rain move back in. 28 now headed for a high in the mid 50s.

Quiet day yesterday (other than the early morning excitement). Got the yard waste hauled away and tried out the new hedge trimmer. Works well. Just waiting for the hedge to go dormant for the season so I can trim them back. Not much else accomplished yesterday and today isn't looking promising either.

Prayers for Don.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-24-2018

Morning.  Human Services planning lunch.  Errands. 

Tom, wish we had a Menards.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-24-2018

Hello Blue
sun and 47 this morning.
I hope that Mega millions ticket belongs to a group so more than one can enjoy the loot.
No train news, got a few guys gathering Sunday for some play time though.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-25-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 45 headed about 10 degrees north of that for today. Slight chance of rain this evening.

Quiet day yesterday. Dealing with some paperwork from 3 years ago. Taking forever to get it done. Mail it off today and probably won't hear any thing for another month or two.

Today is laundry, packing, feed the car, etc. Leaving tomorrow for Nebraska to visit friends. On the way home I will visit my granddaughter and her family. Should be back late Monday afternoon.

Frank - My Fair Lady always said if Menards ever got groceries she'd never have to shop anywhere else. A friend called one day laughing. When my wife asked what was so funny the friend said Menards just got groceries. We all had a good laugh about that.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-25-2018

Had early out Human Services Board this AM.  Chilly and fair.  Cold rain tomorrow and hope its gone by Sat AM.  Guessers say so.  Fall Festival and 1,000+ hotdogs free from PD to citizens.  

Safe trip Tom.

Prayers for DAZ.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-26-2018

Morning all.  Cold rain.  Hope it finishes before 10 tomorrow.  Fall Festival on street in front of my house.  

Tom, safe travels.

DAZ, prayers.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - pennman - 10-26-2018

Greetings all, good to be back! would have been sooner but lost 2 laptops and a smart phone, if it wasn't for Fiffer hobbies I would not have found the gauge again. Now to get started back on my trains and layout, which has been mothballed for quite some time now. Is everyonr still gathering for the Friday night BS sessions and where is it on here now

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-27-2018

Hello Blue
WOW where is everybody?
Rain overnight here. Misty this morning @ 41 degrees.
Football games to watch today, tomorrow meeting with some friends to do some toy train running.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - pennman - 10-27-2018

That's what I was wondering...... This place is awful quiet

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-28-2018

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 45 degrees in SE Nebraska this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 60s, a little cooler than yesterdays gorgeous 74.

Day one of the train show went well until the football game started. Then the entire state is either at the game or glued to the television. The train show is generally scheduled during the bye week but due to a thunderstorm at the opening game yesterdays game was added. Nothing to be done about it. Hopefully today will be better.

Grandson has been invited to a (invitation only) hockey tournament in Lake Placid, NY in March of next year. He and my daughter (and maybe my son-in-law, if he can get off work) will fly in. I plan to meet them at the airport and be a chauffeur while they are there. After they leave I may head over to Vermont, just to say I've been there.

Grandson also has a hockey tournament in Sioux Falls the weekend after Thanksgiving. They will arrive at my place on Wed. Traditional dinner with whoever's available on Thursday. Then all convoy to Sioux Falls for hockey. Looks to be a great holiday weekend.

Pennman - welcome to the campfire. Plenty of open stumps but you have to bring your own coffee cup. Don and Mikey are notoriously stingy when it comes to handing them out. Sorry for not getting on sooner but I've been traveling and don't always have time to check in when I'm on the road. Should be home late tomorrow.

Continuing prayers for Don and for all in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - pennman - 10-28-2018

Good Morning all from Clarksville TN., chilly damp morning makes the bones hurt. Thank God for a good cup of hot coffee.
Trying to finish up on the honey do list and then work some more on getting the layout room cleaned up. Headed back up to Altoona later this week to go back to work, not looking forward to that. but all good things need to come to an end.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 10-28-2018

Shocking news, very first snow here since about 11 am.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-28-2018

(10-26-2018, 08:15 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Morning all.  Cold rain.  Hope it finishes before 10 tomorrow.  Fall Festival on street in front of my house.  

Tom, safe travels.

DAZ, prayers.

Later.

OHHH this was posted Friday and not Wednesday.  ?????????

Had fall festival yesterday.  Cloudy and chilly but great turn out.  Back hurts from standing and walking from 8 AM until 5 PM without sitting.   Icon_e_surprised 
PD gave out 1,500 free hotdogs.  Food truck ran out of food to sell.  Venders were happy.

Sunny and 63 already.

Have a good one.