The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-23-2018

I bet we didn't have any lines -- we set a record cold temperature (for the date). I passed two or three people coming out with largish TV sets when I went in for the papers. Saved $0.30 because no sales tax.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-24-2018

Raining.  been sick with something.  fever and chills off and on.  Tylenol helped.  Hunted yesterday and felt fair.  Tylenol wore off and things when down hill.  Got out of stand chilling.  Drove home with heater going.  Did not stop to eat as usual.  Tylenol and bed.  Took more and slept till 8:45.  Best thing for me.

Tom, chin up old buddy.

Rest up today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - pennman - 11-24-2018

Hello all, I hope everyone had a good weekend so far. Would like to announce a conspiracy with the Christmas lights. I put away about 2 dozen strands last year and I know they all worked when I put them away last year! went to hang lights Friday and half the strands wouldn't work!  Well this forced a trip to Lowes on a Friday, which as you all know was Black Friday! Put on my body armor parked the car as far away as possible and on my way I went. the insanity was crazy and at a level I could not understand. found my lights and on the way out they had a huge sale display of Craftsman tools ( those Bastards!!) and next to that they had Dewalt Tools! I had no choice but to Rescue as many as possible from the insanity of that store and bring them home to a nice safe environment! Thank God for VISA!  Got a great deal on a craftsman screw driver set has 15 micro drivers perfect for my Nscale as well as a plier set a nice dewalt cordless tool set perfect for doing bench work. I know I should be ashamed of myself! Glad it wasn't a hobby shop..LMAO
 Well got the lights up all the wreaths are hung and the tree is up and will be decorated tomorrow when the grandkids arrive.
hope everyone has a great day

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-24-2018

I hate that thing with the lights not working!  They must just go bad over the Summer.  
So glad you were able to rescue some orphaned tools and give them a save home.   Icon_lol Icon_lol

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-24-2018

Spent a few hours researching TV sets and their feature, and of course, sale prices. Nice that most stores let you know if they have stock or not, but even that's not reliable. Took a chance and went to the local Target store, a breeze at 8:30, up front parking, got instant help, but as suspected, out of stock. However, another Target store showed four units in stock, so we took a chance and drove about 20 miles to find they weren't crowded either. And yes, they did have stock, just had to wait for them to get a forklift operator since they were way up in the warehouse shelves. I guess all the long lines and crowds were yesterday, lots a blank spaces on the TV display rack, so they were busy, just not today....

Anyway, got home and saw a tag on the box about opening it, but no instructions.... Yeah, you guess it, the instructions were inside the box. 35 No manual, but if you are able to set it up, you can then view the manual on the screen, telling you how to set it up and where all the connections are..... Crazy Who decides how you access this stuff? Every set is different and the "quick start" manual was one sheet telling you how to get it out of the box and plug it in.  Took a few hours, but all is good for now.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 06:31 PM)ezdays Wrote: Anyway, got home and saw a tag on the box about opening it, but no instructions.... Yeah, you guess it, the instructions were inside the box. 35  No manual, but if you are able to set it up, you can then view the manual on the screen, telling you how to set it up and where all the connections are..... Crazy Who decides how you access this stuff? Every set is different and the "quick start" manual was one sheet telling you how to get it out of the box and plug it in.  Took a few hours, but all is good for now.

They can't make it too easy, that wouldn't be fun!!!!
You can always call Duffy over to install it. He's pretty good with a screwdriver.   Eek

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 07:06 PM)ngauger Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 06:31 PM)ezdays Wrote: Anyway, got home and saw a tag on the box about opening it, but no instructions.... Yeah, you guess it, the instructions were inside the box. 35  No manual, but if you are able to set it up, you can then view the manual on the screen, telling you how to set it up and where all the connections are..... Crazy Who decides how you access this stuff? Every set is different and the "quick start" manual was one sheet telling you how to get it out of the box and plug it in.  Took a few hours, but all is good for now.

They can't make it too easy, that wouldn't be fun!!!!
You can always call Duffy over to install it. He's pretty good with a screwdriver.   Eek
Yup one or two "adjustments" and things certainly take a turn Awesome

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - pennman - 11-25-2018

Good morning all my friends, foggy and chilly out this morning, suppose to get up to 65-70 degs today and then the bottom is going to fall out tonight drop all the way into the 20's tonight and all week. Somebody needs to buy mother nature a candy bar. Getting ready for the on slot on grandchildren, children and other halves today to decorate the tree. I love the grandkids, but I must be starting to get old, bye the time they leave my butt is just wore out! 
For all of us that still have to do it, Monday starts the work week all over again, YUCK!!!! Quick run up to the east and maybe one back this way, if everything works the way I want it to.
Well Time to start getting everything ready, the children will be here soon. 
You all have a Good day!

Son of B@$%&@h!!!! Wife just went came in a told me the new lights I had just put up, a few strands aren't working! I give up! Icon_redface Icon_e_surprised Icon_e_surprised Nope Nope Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-25-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy and cold heading for even colder. Right now it's 27, having already dropped a degree in the last 15 minutes. Temps will continue to fall throughout the day. Temps not predicted to get above freezing until Thursday. Still better than the blizzard people in the southern half of the state are suffering through.

Quiet day yesterday. Got my drone out to play with for a while. Just as I got it out the neighbor lady was loading her car. Had a three hour trip ahead of her to her boyfriend's relatives for Thanksgiving. She left and the neighbor behind me walked over. We chatted for another 20 minutes. Once I did get to play with the drone I got it paired to my phone. Once that worked I got the virtual reality working. If I put on the goggles (provided) I can see what the camera sees rather than watching the drone fly. Going to be fun. Still need to practice more with controlling the drone first. After that I walked to the grocery store for a few needed items. Nice day for a walk.

This morning I watched the final F1 race of the season. This afternoon is visitation followed by a trip to the motel where my granddaughter and her family are staying. May get in the pool and play with the great-grandkids. Could be fun.

Frank - hope you're feeling better.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-25-2018

Morning.  50 and sunny.  Sunday School and then a book introduction written by a ten year old girl when she was eight.  Now published.  

Tom may be in for a blizzard.  Some of the guys from Rolesville are on the way to Nebraska to rabbit hunt.  Beagles in the back of the trucks.  They take portable pens for the dogs.  Stay a week.  Do it every year this time.  Report back to wives, "Its snowing hard in MR."   Bet they don't get to hunt.  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-25-2018

The blizzard area is far south of me in Iowa and southeast Nebraska. The area in red shows the blizzard area. Frank - hope your friends are safe.

https://www.weather.gov/

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-25-2018

Seems like we're getting the affects of those blizzards. Yesterday, it was around 47 in the morning and a bit chilly, but today, it was 60 around 8:30 and downright bone-chilling cold. The wind must have been close to a cat 1 hurricane. Well, it felt that way. It usually gets like this here when it's snowing up north around Flagstaff or Payson. The wind comes from the north, just don't know why the temp doesn't drop, but maybe our vehicle's outside temp gauge can't feel the difference.... we can, that's for sure...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-26-2018

Hello Blue.
The overnight rain is turning to wet snow at 35 degrees.
I had good collage football on Saturday. 2 out of 3 favorites won.
Nothing new on the toy train front.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-26-2018

Afternoon.  Morning meeting.  Home to the disaster area.  Wifey decorating for Christmas.  Will have two trees up this day!!!!!  All fall gone outside as soon as threat of rain is gone.  from the commander and chief. 

61 and some misty rain earlier.

Blizzards travelers are OK I guess.  Haven't heard from them.  Bet rabbit hunting will be hard if snow is too deep. 

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-26-2018

Good morning, yup, it's still morning here, for another 10 minutes. West Coasters got another hour to go now that the country is back on normal time. Still a bit chilly in the morning, but not the cutting wind like this past few days. I can't imagine people running around in shorts and flip-flops in weather like this, but then again, it's probably -10 where they came from. Went to the Post Office, lines inside are clear to the door, last week there was maybe two or three in line. Glad all I had to do was to check our box there. Next week, you won't even be able to find a parking spot and the lines can be out the door.... Eek