The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-25-2018

Merry Christmas to all.  Over the river and through the woods to Grandchildren's house I go. Ho Ho Ho.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-25-2018

Merry Christmas, gang.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-25-2018

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all at Blue.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-25-2018

Good morning all, and a very Merry Christmas to you all. I hope Santa treated you well. We told him years ago to skip our house. We haven't exchanged gifts in years. At our age, you get what you need or want on the spot, not wait for a holiday or birthday to roll around. Why? Well, when you get around our age, you'll understand why....

Suppose to rain later today. Right now it's clear, bright and chilly....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-26-2018

Greetings, gang.

It's a cloudy and soon to be soggy 32 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 30s, warming overnight and a high tomorrow in the upper 40s. Rain is predicted to be here by late morning and last until Friday. Latest guesstimate is about 1.5 inches by Friday.

Hope you all had a good Christmas. Very quiet day here yesterday. Daughter and son-in-law arrived by about 1 and were gone by 4:30. Had chores to do for daughter's horse. I woke up way too early this morning. Was out of be before 5. I think I'm channeling my wife. She was always the early riser, often getting up between 4 and 5. No major plans for today. Was thinking about going to the gym and may do that if my energy level goes up.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-26-2018

Good afternoon, late afternoon by our clock. Been a busy day just fixing a few things around the house that weren't working right. Pat (Duffy) came over and spent a while trying to get my new Amazon Dot hooked up. Very strange, you need a cell phone to get it connected to the Internet and phone system, but once it's working, you can remove the cell phone from the equation. You can still make phone calls and all the other stuff it does. It's a neat device to have around the house.

High chance of rain for late yesterday, this morning there was a bit of dew on everything, not sure if that constitutes a rainfall or not....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-27-2018

Greetings, gang.

Rain and 38 with rain and 47 the primary elements in the forecast for today. Turning colder tomorrow.

Quiet day yesterday. Did absolutely nothing productive. Unfortunately the holiday goofing off is over. Busy day ahead - laundry, gym, groceries, and shopping. I need to get a baptism gift for newest great-grandson. Baptism is Sunday afternoon. Private ceremony to avoid chances of infections as the little guy continues to recover.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-27-2018

Hello Blue
I thought I'd stop in and let you know I survived the holiday.
Weather most day's are cloudy but no snow and I'm lovin it.
A holiday gathering with some of our club members tonight should be fun.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-27-2018

Good morning all, a chilly one, but they say it's going to get colder. We have a "Frost Watch" in affect for this weekend. Hey, around here, anything under 60 is suspect as being part of a frost watch. But in fact, the forecast shows temps in the very low 30's for lows and in the high 50's for highs. And yes, there's still suppose to be rain starting today.

Still fooling around with Alexa, we wanted it to be able to just ask for help if we needed it, but now we find we need another item to be able to call 911 if we need to. The trick is that it will use our landline to make the call, thus giving the operator our location and that's a good thing. Whatever we need, it's worth the investment. It should show up tomorrow from Amazon.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-27-2018

Headed east to pay farm taxes and hunt.  Rain tonight and tomorrow.  God bless.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - pennman - 12-27-2018

Evening all, Strangely warm for Christmas here in Tennessee. Hope everyone had a great holiday and enjoyed family and friends. Just getting some work done on the layout burning the midnight oil tonight, waiting for the next rush Ie newyears. well yall have fun

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-28-2018

Freeze alert, Freeze alert!!!!!!, instructions on how to protect your outdoor plants, pipes and pets. The TV news is just about all that and more. Next I suspect they'll come out with an evacuation plan if it gets any colder. Icon_rolleyes Yeah, it's down into the 30's right now, it's not the first time we've had frost on everything, but I guess it might be a shock to some that it does get that cold here occasionally in the winter, but I guarantee you, it's snowing up north in Flagstaff, Payson and the Grand Canyon right now, so we're still way ahead of the game. Speaking of games, you can now buy tickets for the Spring Training games that start in late February. So there, it'll get warmer,  the Chamber of Commerce says it will, so nobody go running back to your hometowns.....Applause

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-28-2018

Greetings, gang.

Snow, cold, and wind are the ingredients for today's weather. It was 20 when I got up a couple of hours ago. It's down to 16 now and supposed to drop even more by late afternoon. Had a light dusting of snow and winds up to 25 mph. Chili for supper tonight.

Had a very productive day yesterday. Got the laundry caught up, went to the gym, and picked up some groceries. The store where I wanted to get a gift for great-grandson's baptism was closed. Will try there again today.

Yesterday's high of 47 was warm enough that I was able to sit on the front porch(with the aid of a space heater) and read for a while. Probably won't be doing that again until March.

Don - sympathies for your cold weather. Around here the biggest concern during cold weather is whether there is enough snow on the ground to insulate the water pipes. Without the snow the cold penetrates the ground much deeper and cause water pipes to burst. It's too early in the season for that but the end of January and February are prime water line breakages without some snow on the ground.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-28-2018

65 degrees and raining [as usual].  Running an errand.  Then staying in.  Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-28-2018

We had a day where the temperature started halfway between room temperature and freezing. It's supposed to drop below freezing tonight and hover around it for a while.

After track laying and wiring for a new station, I found the controller was intermittent. Second controller worked so I opened the plug and saw one wire no longer attached. It's an odd plug, DIN 5-pole, so we detoured to local electronics store (the bits place) whch is closed Dec 24-Jan 2. I managed to resolder the plug and it works.

I noticed one of my locos has paint peeling from the side of the firebox; need to give better instructions to the fireman.