The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-01-2019

Well, I guess I was wrong the other day when I said were were finished with football and parades. We had the Fiesta Bowl Parade over this past weekend, but they haven't played the game yet. It's scheduled for today sometime, I think they play in the same stadium as the Cardinals. Speaking of the Cardinals, they "fired" their coach yesterday. Now I get kinda confused at that word since if say a factory worker, secretary or clerk were to be fired, they'd go home with a final check for work performed and that's it. When a sports coach or a CEO of a major corporation gets "fired", that means they walk away with a large check, usually in the millions, some in the tens of millions. They fired the Arizona State football coach last year and he walked away with some $2.5 million dollars and still can go to work for another team. Which brings to me another point to ponder. The Cardinals have a list of potential new coaches, many on that list have recently been "fired" from other teams for not doing a good job. Why then, does another team jump at the chance to hire them and think they'd start doing better Awesome ??????

Temps here have been down into the low 30's and up into the 50's. Alexa was right, she said it would start raining around 10:00 yesterday, and by golly, it did. We had close to .2" all day, and that's not bad for around here. Lots of snow up north, and even some in the north part of the valley, Wickenburg, Cave Creek and Carefree are about 30 miles north of us and they all got a dusting of snow yesterday.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-02-2019

Morning.  52 out.  Yesterday was 71.  Deer season over.  Ended slow compared to the rest of the season.  One doe popped out of the ground 30 min. before dark.  Its like you are looking down shooting lane and nothing.  Then there she was.  Deer are good for that.  So I saw they pop out of the ground.  Sometimes they go that way too.  They are there and suddenly gone.  Was a great season.

We are trying to have spring in the winter here.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-02-2019

Hello Blue
Just checking in.
Watched the Buckeyes win yesterday. Saw the rose bowl parade as well.
Today is an in day. It's cloudy and 28 degrees but no snow. I am good with that.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - pennman - 01-02-2019

Good Morning Gentlemen, well we went from 60s and 70s to Dam its cold outside! getting some stuff done around the house working on trains and kicking back.
Trying to figure out this DCC stuff have a few decoders doing there own thing'
Well You all have fun, I'm out of here

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-02-2019

Good afternoon, still a bit chilly here. Got down into the low 30's this morning, a few places even dipped into the 20's. Lots of snow up north, and even in Tucson which is south of us. Nothing in the Phoenix metro area though, just the northern edge had some for a while. The TV news showed shots of snow on the cacti, which happens once in a while. Got some rain in the forecast starting this weekend, next week ends up pushing 70 again. That's how things go here in the desert southwest, one day it's too hot and dry, the next it's too cold and wet....

Not much else going on, working on getting our Amazon Dots to do what we want. We have them connected to our landline, but the downside of that is Alexa now announces all our incoming phone calls which is kind of a distraction at best. I found instructions on how to stop that. It told me to do step A, then B, then C. I did A and B but can't do step C since that function doesn't exist on my Echo app.... Where to go now?????

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-03-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 23 headed for sunny and 44. Close to 50 by Saturday.

Quiet day around here. Yesterday I accomplished nothing other than watering the house plants and going to the gym. Today is laundry and a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-03-2019

Greetings, gang, part 2.

Don - just got finished reading the morning paper and there was an article about your weather including a picture of snow on cactus.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-03-2019

Morning.  52 and rainy [nothing new about that].

Not much on agenda.  Next week, it starts all over again.

Wash up camo hunting clothes for last time until next season.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-03-2019

Good morning all.

Yeah Tom, the north part of our valley did get some snow. It does happen occasionally, but none this way. We're about 35 miles south of where all the action was. All we got was some rain and some really cold air. Today got down to 31 but still no sight of snow down this way. Lots up around Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon, which, by the way, remains open during the government shutdown thanks to our governor who decided the State of Arizona should provide the funds to keep it open.

All our Christmas decorations are now put away, about average for the neighborhood. Lots of outside decorations still up, but then again, who in their right mind would go outside when it's freezing out????

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-03-2019

I didn't want to add this to Pennman's DCC question but ,,,
When I was helping a friend with his initial DCC adventure, I had to read the instructins for him and translate the math which was
sometimes base 10 (normal numbers)
sometimes base 8 (no digit over 7)*
sometimes base 2.
Some places they would start counting at 0, sometimes at 1.
I don't think they ever used hexadecimal (numbers go up to F).

* "64? where did 64 come into it?" "Well, you see, 64 is 8 squared." "Ask a silly question..." Tom Lehrer

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - pennman - 01-03-2019

Evening Gentlemen, this rain keeps up I'm going to need to build an ARC!  
My bones can't take much more of this cold damp weather. The weather girl said dry weather and back into the 60s by the weekend, Can't wait!

Don my sister-in-law lives in Scottsdale and was complaining about the cold and snow. I just had a good laugh, I'm sure it lasted what a whole day. LMAO!

BR60103, All I have to say is 42! Dam Nerds! LOL 

You all have fun!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-04-2019

Yup, your sister is right, they did get a bit of snow the other day. Any snow that lasts more than a few hours here has to be leftover from some movie that they shot. Remember, "The Santa Clause"?. That was shot in the summer, that's all fake snow that you see.

And yes, it's cold here, still down in the low 30's, 29 forecast for some areas. Alexa says that it's 31 here now with a high around 67 (or 62 or somewhere in between). Still more rain this weekend (maybe tomorrow, maybe Saturday, maybe not, depending on who you are listening to), and again by the middle of next week. That's fine, just that the cold is keeping me from doing some work in the garage. Whoever had this house built didn't have the garage insulated and it's like the inside of a refrigerator out there. We had a few new houses over the years and we always had the garage insulated when we could. As I remember, it just cost a few hundred dollars at construction, now we're talking thousands to do the same job. Too cold in the winter, too hot in the summer. Waiting

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-04-2019

Greetings, gang.

Day 2 of sunshine and warm weather. 24 right now headed for a high of 47. Yesterday's high was 49, only 7 degrees lower than Don's high of 56. Hmmm. If Iowa turns into a warm weather destination could we refer to the people from the southwest as sandbirds?

Remember my credit card got hacked last month? The credit card company canceled the one transaction for $6k but let the one for almost $4k slip through. Phone calls will be made today. Nothing else on the agenda.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - pennman - 01-04-2019

Ok I've had it going to get the bass boat out and stock the back yard and make a pay to fish pond. The water in the back yard is ankle deep and rising and we still have more rain in the forecast. The only good thing is its not cold, we would have feet of snow and TN would be shut down for months!

I do hope everyone else is staying dry and getting dug out for those with snow. I'm going to make another pot of coffee and see what kind of trouble I can get into.

You All Be Safe now!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-04-2019

Morning.  back from funeral of neighbor who retired from NC SHP.  Great guy.
Raining as usual.  Guessers say no more rain after tonight for over a week.   2285_  

Headed to Town Hall.  Why I'm retiring at the end of my term [Dec.].  Always interrupting my plans.

My BP card has been done twice in 12 months.  I think it is the USPS.  No joke.  I mailed a renewal and put extra paper in the envelope so you couldn't see the numbers through it.  Then shortly after, charge on it.  Was the same on the first time.  

Have a good one.