The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-14-2019

Good morning, heavy cloud cover but no sign of rain. Suppose to happen sometime tomorrow though and maybe through the week. Been postponing getting to van washed since they keep on forecasting rain. The last rain helped, just not enough to clean the windows.... Icon_rolleyes  Current temps around 50, highs expected in the high 60's. Gee, starting to sound like those TV guessers with their green screens pointing all over the map. I do give them credit to be able to do that, point to the exact spot on the map or graphic and all they have behind them is a green screen plus a bunch of monitors to help them see where they are. Applause

Frank, good luck with that, I bought a new computer well over a year ago and still don't feel up to the challenge to change it for the one I'm using now.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-14-2019

Working on getting new computer setup.

Later

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-15-2019

Hello Blue
We have the usual cloudy skies with 28 degrees. But NO SNOW, Yet.
My wife is sick with a nasty cold I am hoping I won't get it as we have a big train show Sunday.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-15-2019

Computer guy and I need to talk.  Some things missing.  I have hard drive so he can fix.  Got a lot done last night.  Got to get Wifey's side done right.

38 and cloudy but not suppose to rain.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-15-2019

Good morning all, it did rain last night and probably early this morning, just none when we went out. Had a doctor appointment at 7:00. Love that, in and out before you know it. I'm surprised that he starts that early, but he was there and ready to go.

Somehow, it appears that a lot of our photos that got broken during this last transition have been repaired on their own. Look around and see if that's not true for some that you might have posted. We don't know why, but we're not complaining. Pat, our webmaster was doing things that were totally unrelated, but he may have sprung something that was stuck. Who knows....

And thanks again Charlie for pointing this out to us. Applause

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-16-2019

Greetings, gang.

13 and clear outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 20s. Some light snow possible tonight and a bigger snow for Friday night and Saturday.

Quiet day around here yesterday. I have zero motivation to do anything recently. Need to find a way out of the doldrums.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-16-2019

Frosty and sunny.  One late afternoon meeting and that is it.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-16-2019

Good morning all. Freezing rain here, wife had to report off for her volunteer day at Angles for Animals. The local news has all the stores empty of milk and toilet paper, They started the beginning of the week calling for a total of 17 inches by Saturday. Now they are saying 10. The national weather service says there is a 1% chance we will get over 4 but likely an inch and a half. I am certain no one knows but they get paid just the same,(well the government guys don't).
putting some decoders in a brass locomotive and a couple Bowsers. The headlights are the hard part, and most of that is figuring out how to do it. I think I have got it now. I destroyed a headlight on the brass locomotive because it was all lead and turned into a glob when I tried to solder it back on. Results of building a headlight from an LED should be interesting. 
Everyone stay warm and safe. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-16-2019

And a good morning to all of you on yet another Hump Day.... Just a few more days until the weekend. It rained on and off all day and through the night. None today but it's still really wet out there. Rain scheduled for tomorrow and Friday but clear over the weekend. Temps in the mid to high 60's, a few degrees below the average, but acceptable.

Just about got my garage shop organized, but since it's not insulated, it does limit my time out there. Trying to paint something using "quick dry" spray, but it still doesn't dry very fast. Still, the only snow in sight is on the far mountain tops, so I'm OK with the chilly garage.... Applause

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-17-2019

Greetings, gang.

Light snow and 24 with a predicted high of 26. About an inch of snow out there. Could be another 6 inches by Saturday if the NWS prediction holds true.

Quiet day yesterday. Only plan for today is a trip to the gym and shovel the sidewalk.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-17-2019

Morning all.  38 and hazy.  Rain tomorrow and then turning cold Sunday.  Wifey and SIL fly out tomorrow AM early to NY.  Back Saturday afternoon late.  That is not snowed in like last year.  We'll see.

Haircut and then Wifey's buddy's birthday dinner.

Later

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-17-2019

Good morning all, a bit damp and chilly out right now whith heavy dew. Probably from the rain earlier this week but not sure since we don't have this that often. Rain possible today and tomorrow, but it could get up to 70 later today and before the rain hits. Gee, maybe I could start a weather blog and just repeat what I hear and see elsewhere., kinda like a human data gathering machine of sorts.... Not my bag.... Nope 

Seriously thinking about buying a hollow door and starting a new layout. These things take time, thinking is the first step though...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-18-2019

Morning.  Mild and fair.  Wifey in NY by now.  Coming home just before storm hits Sat.

Tom, stay warm and dry.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-18-2019

Good morning all, and here we are at another Friday again and coming up on Valentines Day. Yeah, the stores had their Valentine cards and candy out around the day after Christmas. Of course, Easter stuff will be on display before the Valentine stuff goes, typical marketing.

Looked outside, not a trace of rain. They went from, "good chance", to, "possible", to, "eh!" as the day went on and they saw that the storm was heading north through Las Vegas, then points east. Today is a good day to get the van washed.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-18-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 16 headed for snowy and 28. Our friends at the NWS are predicting in their highly accurate way anywhere from 4 to 10 inches of snow before tomorrow. The only good thing about the impending storm is that the temperature is low enough that it shouldn't be a wet, heavy snow.

Another quiet day yesterday. Went to my Thursday group and we had a returning member (her fiance just passed away) and a guy whose wife passed away back in August. You could see in his eyes just how bad he is hurting. We drew him out a little but it just takes time to learn how to adjust.

Was planning to go to the gym today but kept getting woke up during the night with a sore shoulder muscle. Since today was supposed to be a swimming day I may just skip or I could go there and walk for a couple of miles. Still undecided.

All stay safe.

Tom