The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-19-2019

Greetings, gang.

It's a pleasant 2 degrees here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be around 12. That big snow storm we were supposed to get - about a half inch of snow needs to be removed from the sidewalks this morning. Must be the shutdown threw off the forecast.

I did get to the gym yesterday and walked for about 2 miles. Going back there today but no exercise will be performed. One of the great-grandkids has a basketball game. Nothing else on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-19-2019

Morning.  48 degrees and warming fast.  Rain tonight.

Wifey due to fly out of NY before the storm [she hopes].

Got a birthday pig picking to attend.

Errands.

Tom, good luck on the storms stuff.  Power and everything will stay OK.

Later

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-19-2019

Good morning all, gunna be clear days for the weekend, temps in the low 70's today, mid 70's tomorrow. Getting ready for Spring Training, tickets on sale for those events as well as the Ostrich Festival held in a few weeks. In case you're wondering, there's a large ostrich farm south of us off I-10 and they have lots of fun things to do including ostrich races.

Frank, us Westerner and former Jersey boy has to ask, what's a "birthday pig picking"?

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-20-2019

Greetings, gang.

Another chilly morning under way. 3 right now with a predicted high of 8. 4-6 inches of snow predicted for Tuesday. If that's a accurate as Friday's forecast we may get a dusting. Or we could get a foot to make up for the snow we didn't get on Friday.

Watched great-grandson play basketball yesterday. He managed to score a couple of baskets. After the game we all went out for Chinese.

Nothing planned for today.

Frank - hope your wife made it home safely.

Don - are you going to try to ride one of the ostriches?

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-20-2019

Morning.  Rained.  now 57 and cloudy.  Turning fair and COLD. [thanks Yanks].

Off to Frankie's for lunch.  Play with noisy Grands.

Pig pick'n is when you cook a hog in big cooker [usually an old fuel oil drum cut in half with hinges and on a trailer].  Can be gas or charcoal.  Then you go by and pull off a chunk.  They usually have some chopped.  Lots of sides and deserts.  There is also a pig pick'n cake.  Cool whip, mandarin oranges and pineapple icing on yellow cake layers. 

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-20-2019

And a great Sunday morning to ya all. I hope those in the storm belt are doing well. I understand power is out in many areas and getting around is out of the question unless you really have to. We'll skip our local weather report since I don't want to seem to be bragging. Nope

Tom, I'd ride one if they brought it here, which I'm hoping they won't. Eek Plus, it's probably against city code or HOA rules anyway. Icon_rolleyes It might be nice to drive down there and mingle with the crowds, kinda fun to watch. I think you can buy ostrich burgers there if you're up to it....

Frank, sounds like my kind of pig. My favorite BBQ's are pork ribs and pulled pork, in that order. Worship

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-21-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 6 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper teens and continue to rise overnight. By about this time tomorrow the temp will reverse directions and the snow will start to accumulate, providing me with another reason why I bought a snow blower. Total accumulation expected to be about 5-6 inches. Then the bottom will fall out of the thermometer, culminating (nice word) in a low on Friday morning of -16.

Quiet day yesterday. Nothing planned for today either.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-21-2019

Morning.  20 degrees.  Low was 17.  Windchill was horrible last night.  Tom, your bad weather is pay back for sending us this cold.  Icon_e_wink

Lunch with a school board member.  Mayors' Assoc. meeting and dinner tonight.  Yes, they always do it on MLK day anyway. Icon_e_surprised 

Have a good one.

One of the twins and Col with me.

[Image: enhance]

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-21-2019

Good morning all, Alexa says that we're at 37 headed to 62 today. My app says it won't get into the 70's until the weekend. Still, no complaints. Time to get to the car wash though. I wonder, do car washes in the snow regions shut down for the winter? Just curious since around here, they stay open, even on rainy days...

Going to CAD to see what I can do for my layout support. I'm thinking a bit low so I can work on it sitting on a chair.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-21-2019

Don:
Our car washes stay open unless the air is so frigid the water freezes. Last few days have been bad for them as the road is too mucky.
Some feature of the hatch on our car means that it doesn't get cleaned by the horizontal roller.
We're looking at lows of -20C (-4F). Tom, which scale are you on?

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-22-2019

Good morning everyone, it should be a nice day out today, it got a bit windy yesterday and added to the chill, but we're still way better off than some of the folks back east. I see pictures on TV of cars slipping on the ice, icicles dripping from power lines and just lots of snow piled up.

Things are winding down with all the auto auctions. They showed a shot of the Scottsdale Airport with private jets parked nose to tail, just so they can fit them all. In a week or so we'll have the same thing at that and a few other airports when the Phoenix Open plays. I remember when they had the Open and the Super Bowl playing at the same time here, it was tough to find a place to park our Gulfstream. Oh wait, that wasn't ours, some other multi-billionaire's. Icon_redface But it's true, every airport in the area was packed with private jets just to watch golf or football being played, or was it for everything else that goes with those events? Hard to tell...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-22-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 21 this morning with freezing drizzle and snow predicted. We're in a winter storm warning but I'm thinking it could be another false alarm. Not seeing anything on radar.

Went to the grocery store yesterday. On the way I saw a couple of police cars parked on a main road with their lights on. As I approached them I saw at least 4 and probably more police and sheriff vehicles in from of a house. I don't think they were selling tickets to the policeman's ball.

Don - car washes around here keep going until the water starts to freeze inside the car wash. Generally about 0 degrees. There's one that can operate regardless of the weather. It's fully enclosed.

David - Fahrenheit used around here.

Frank - just remember, if the cold comes through Iowa it's probably on its way to North Carolina.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-23-2019

Morning.  Warmer today.  Right now 32 degrees.  Out early to meet with Division DOT guy and his crew.  Then lunch with a pastor to talk about coordinated efforts to help the poor.

Tom, stay warm.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-23-2019

Brrr, we are cold, it's in the 30's right now with it not going too much over 60 later today. It'll start getting better by tomorrow though.

One step closer to getting back into a layout. Got my table drawn in CAD. Next step is a trip to Home Depot.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-23-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 13 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 20. Yesterday's storm was another swing and a miss for the NWS. Just got a very thin coating of ice and about a dozen snowflakes. Supposed to get a tenth of an inch of ice and 4-6 inches of snow. I hope they're wrong on the forecast for Friday morning. The temperature is predicted to get to about -10F. If that does come true it will be the first time this winter the temperature has gone below zero. I did put a little ice melt on the sidewalks and all is good.

The weather is about the only thing I have to talk about since, due to the ice, I decided not to venture out yesterday. I do plan on going to the gym this morning.

Don - any ideas on a track plan yet?

All stay safe.

Tom