The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-10-2019

Greetings, gang.

The snow started a few minutes ago and is expected to last throughout the day. More snow tomorrow and Tuesday for a grand total of up to 8 inches by the time it's over. 20 right now headed for 25. Only 37 days til spring.

Nothing accomplished yesterday afternoon. Today is pretty much going to be the same.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-10-2019

Morning.  37 and partly cloudy.  Tom's weather back on us.  Not much on agenda today.  Rain tonight and tomorrow.

Had big power outage at 4 AM yesterday.  Power back at 7:10 as I was leaving.  [got ready by LED flashlight]  Went to Stumpy Point NC on the coast.  Annual oyster festival.  All you can eat fried and steamed oysters.  Fried fish too.  Got my money's worth.  Was 38 degrees [colder than Rolesville] and 20 MPH winds at noon.  When we left at 4 PM, 36 and windy.  WOW.

Tomorrow is an early out day.  Going to foreign country.  Chapel Hill and UNC for Town retreat.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-11-2019

Morning.  37 and rainy.  Out the door to Town retreat.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-11-2019

Good morning all, another free day for myself, putting down foam on my new layout, can work all day without interruptions unless I get the usual slew of spam phone calls. "don't hang up, this is not a sales call...", or, "nothing wrong with your credit card, but...". Then there's the, "this is in response to your inquiry about....", they know that's not true, they're just trying to skirt the law. For years, I've gotten calls to donate to the, "Sheriff's Guild", or something like that, it's a know scam. I've gotten the "grampa" scam call, and the one from the IRS where they'll come and arrest me if I don't go out and buy some gift cards and give them the numbers. Most of them I just let it ring and they'll hang up before the voice mail message kicks in.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-11-2019

Greetings, gang.

Winter weather advisory posted for this afternoon through tomorrow afternoon. 4-6 inches of snow and winds to 35 mph. The larder is stocked and there's plenty of gas for the snow blower.

Very quiet day yesterday. I did not talk to a single person (other than myself). Only adventure planned for today is a trip to the gym. This afternoon I'll watch it snow. More exciting times in the life of a bachelor.

Had to laugh out loud this morning. Went to archive.org to see if they had any new movies to download. There was a preview for a silent film in a couple of different formats but what I found interesting was that you could download the audio portion. Ummm? I realize that it was the music portion but it still seems kind of silly.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-11-2019

Hello Blue
Cloudy and 26 degrees.
We just cleared about 3 inches of lite snow this morning. The guessers are warning doom and gloom for tomorrow. Snow ice and rain.
Our D3R club meet went very well and one of our members sent a live broadcast to Facebook. It was well received with many positive comments.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-11-2019

Ok, the stuipid caravan has just rolled into town.  As I mentioned earlier, there's a snow storm on the way.  So of course the city has plows out cleaning the road before  the storm.  Go figure. Nope

Still have the high winds predicted for tomorrow but now we're only supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow.  Still gonna be nasty tomorrow.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-12-2019

Greetings, gang.

21 degrees and light snow outside. The temperature will be falling to the upper teens later today as the front moves through and the winds pick up. Could be a nasty travel day with winds up to 35 mph and lots of fresh snow on the ground.

Another quiet day. Didn't accomplish much other than a trip to the gym. Today will see some use of the snow blower as I have about 4-5 inches of snow to deal with.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-12-2019

Good morning all. Got lots done yesterday, unpacked just about everything I have for my trains and layout. Now all I need to do is to sort the stuff out so I can find something when I need it. As I predicted, got lots of phone calls all day. Most were from scammers trying to sell stuff or fleece me from my cash. It's fruitless to try to argue with a robot, so I just let them ramble on while I put the phone down and go about doing what I was doing when they called.

Yeah Tom, we had a bunch of old snow plows that were as good as new since they were never used, so we sent them up your way to see if you needed them around your area. No need to thank us, the drivers we sent have no experience either, so I hope they don't get in your way.... Icon_lol

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-12-2019

Morning.  Lazy relaxing day.  Slept till 8:30.  Coffee and news.  Now get moving and a few errands.  Lionel Legacy N&W Y6B came yesterday.  Got it all programed and setup last night.  May run some today.

Tom, glad the weather stuff is you and not us.  You all are equipped for such.  Stay warm and safe.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-13-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and zero outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 20s.

Finally talked to a real person yesterday. From Saturday evening until yesterday morning I said exactly three words to living person. I need to get a life!

On tap for this morning is a grocery run followed by a trip to the gym. Also need to clean up where the neighbor cleaned his driveway by blowing the snow onto my sidewalk.

All stay safe.

Tom,

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-13-2019

Good morning, a bit chilly out (for us desert dwellers anyway), temps not suppose to get out of the high-60's. Rain in the forecast, I've seen everything from 20% up to 60% for today, and up to 100% tomorrow. Rain every day all through next week, which is kind of disappointing since I was hoping to go out target shooting on Monday. Oh well, I can always use the time to work on my new layout, which, incidentally, is coming along nicely, well, I hope it is...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-13-2019

Hello Blue
A windy lite snow crappy type day.
Not much going on as we stay in on these kind of days.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-13-2019

54 and sunny.  Got out of jail with no problem.  County Commissioner buddy and I went.  Very informative.  Heard their needs and problems.

Had Town's first senior pot luck lunch.  Was great success.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-14-2019

Happy Valentine's Day, gang.

Cloudy and 26 right now headed for windy and 18 by later this afternoon. I think our Canadian friends left the refrigerator door open again. Down to zero by tomorrow morning.

Quiet day yesterday. Made a grocery run in the morning and did some laundry in the afternoon. This morning is a trip to the gym and this afternoon is my weekly group.

All stay safe.

Tom