The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-24-2019

Greetings, gang.

8 degrees and very windy this morning outside my window. High for today is supposed to be in the mid teens. Blizzard warning in effect until 6 pm this evening. Blowing snow and winds up to 40+ mph will enforce that warning. No paper this morning as all the roads are shut down and the paper is printed in the next town to the east. Maybe late this afternoon or this evening.

I went out last night about 9 to start getting rid of the snow. Eventually had to engage the second drive wheel as the snow was wet and heavy. Just as I was about to finish some idiot came around the corner and buried his car. Spent an hour trying to get his car to a safe place so the plows could get through. This guy had zero clue as to how to drive in snow. He didn't even know what "rocking" the car meant. If he had asked how to repay me for all my (and another neighbor's) help I would have told him to never have children. This guy made an excellent case for retroactive birth control. Enough ranting for this morning. Time go go move some more snow around.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-24-2019

Morning.  Rain has stopped.  Say by noon, sunshine and then windy.  No more rain for a few days.

Tom, that much snow.  Not for me.  You are equipped.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-24-2019

The state has dash cameras on some of the snow plows. Here's an image taken about 15 minutes ago from one of the plows working on I35. AS you can see there are some Idiots Out Wandering Around.

[Image: 5994057%201551029153.jpg]

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-25-2019

Good Monday morning to ya all.... after seeing the storm damage in other parts of the country, I feel blessed that all we had here was a few water rescues and lots of road problems up north due to the snow there. We can still see snow on the peaks of the mountains to the north and east parts of the valley, but that's due to melt off in the next few days. High temps here are still below normal but get back into the 70's later this week. Not much else going on, just lots of activities designed to attract winter visitors, Spring Training games through to the end of March, I think we also have a few horse shows on the schedule, but I don't keep track of those things.... Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 02-25-2019

Got a return label (prepaid postage) from the HP PC seller and went to the DHL shop to send it back. I asked for a pickup service but they told me it is not available even they offer it on their web page.
I like to carry heavy boxes, it make me feel even older .... :-(

Another sunny spring day close to 60°

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-25-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and -1. High for today is supposed to be about +8. 30% chance of snow tonight.

Finally got dug out from just short of a foot of snow. Running the snow blower pretty much sums up my activity list from the weekend. This morning I headed to the gym and this afternoon I'll maybe stop by and see how the dam removal is progressing.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-25-2019

54 and sunny.  A little breezy.  Errands.  Drying out.

Faraway, know what you mean.  Use to carry 50lbs of corn 1/2 mile into the woods to deer feeder.  Not anymore.

DAZ, hope they get all well up north of you.

Tom, your snow is not my "cup of tea".  Stay safe and warm.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-26-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 0 with a predicted high of around 8 again. The NWS is talking about another snow storm this weekend, but not nearly as severe as the past weekend. No let up on the cold temps either. Long range forecast shows cold through the end of next week.

Went to the gym but skipped checking on the dam. May try that this afternoon. Right now it's a very quiet time. Too cold to go outside and my motivation has gone south for the remainder of the winter.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-26-2019

60 degrees and sunny.  Been babysitting Grandpets.  Passing through to go to Dr's apt.  Then back to babysitting.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-26-2019

Good day everyone, and what an exciting day it is. Today is not only National Pistachio Day, but it's the Grand Canyon's 100th birthday. Well, the Canyon is really a few billion years old, but 100 years ago, the federal government declared it a national park. On top of all this, we should be seeing temps here, back into the 70's for the first time in a while. It doesn't get more exciting than this for some of us old folk.... Oh, temps up in the Grand Canyon are in the single-digits today, so I think I'll just do my celebrating around here for now.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-27-2019

Greetings, gang.

5 right now heading all the way to 8. Not much change for the next week. Cold with slight chances for snow.

Big excitement for yesterday was watering all the house plants. Ah, the life of a bachelor!

This morning I'm headed for the grocery store and maybe Menards.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-27-2019

Good morning, another exciting day in store, this being National Polar Bear Day. I'm still settling down from yesterday's Nation Pistachio Day, not sure I can celebrate today's events. it's always "something" day, Pizza, corn dogs, wildflowers, miniature cars, you name it, there's a day for it. There's so few days in the year, that sometimes a single day is dedicated to more than one thing. I really have trouble dealing with those days, like a few weeks ago, I think National Pizza Day and National Hot Dog Day fell on the same day and I had to choose between pizza flavored hot dogs, or hot dog pizza, so I decided to just stay home and eat Cap't Crunch cereal that day. I know, I should have saved that for National Cereal Day, I just got confused.... Awesome Awesome Awesome

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-27-2019

Morning.  Rain and more rain.  Was suppose to be only 35% chance.  Hate to see 100%.

Tom, you need to be someone's sugar daddy.  That would keep you busy.  Icon_e_surprised 

Got a longtime Human Services employee retirement this afternoon.  Probably only Board member to attend.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-28-2019

Good morning all, here we are on the last day of February, as well as creeping up on yet another weekend. Temps warming up all over the state, into the mid-70's here, mid-50's up in the Grand Canyon and other parts of the snow country.

I made a comment the other day about train shows coming here in the summer when it's 110+ rather than the winter when everyone that can, comes here for the weather. Well, they must have heard me, because I just got a card in the mail that the Great Train Show will be at the state fairgrounds on March 9 & 10. A nice place to have it, away from downtown and close-in parking. Let's hope this works out better for them. I hope I will be able to go, just have a few things standing in my way right now.... The card says, "200 plus tables", I hope they're close to that, the last one I went to in the middle of the summer claimed the same thing and barely had 50 tables set up. Maybe they had the other 150 tables folded up in the back somewhere????? Waiting

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-28-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cold (again). Getting real tired of the cold weather. Very happy to see February in the rear view mirror

Lost my mp3 player last week. New one arrives tomorrow. Apparently my workouts are battery powered. I keep a spare mp3 player for times like this or when the battery on my primary one goes dead unexpectedly.

Today I need to start on my taxes. Been waiting on a form for the stocks I sold last year but nothing in sight. Oh, well. I'll just wing it.

All stay safe.

Tom