The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-04-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cold this morning headed for clear and not quite as cold. -10 at the moment with a predicted high of about +6. Yesterday's high was 0 so it's somewhat of an improvement. 13 for the high tomorrow all the way to 36 for Saturday. Temperatures have been running 30-40 degrees below normal for this time of year. With all the snow on the ground (about 2 feet) it's going to be a very sloppy spring if it ever gets here.

Started my taxes yesterday and should be able to finish that task by today. Had several long conversations with my younger daughter over the weekend, making plans for upcoming events. Headed to Lake Placid, NY, at the end of the month for a hockey tournament/camp for grandson. Then in early April he's be traveling to the next town to the west of me to attend prom with a friend. The young lady's mom and my daughter have been friends since grade school. It looks like grandson will be staying with them for about a week during spring break.

Frank - it's only been that last month that winter has taken a turn for the worse. First have of the winter was very mild. Then the temp started to drop. The snow really didn't start until early February. Now we can't shut it off. More snow predicted for Thursday and Saturday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-04-2019

Morning.  43 and cloudy [suppose to be sunny]. ????  Turning colder for a few days.  No precip forecasted.

DAZ, David and Tom.  Have a good one.

Tom, guess all the snow means good ground water for the dry times.  Farmers will like that.

Errands after Spectrum comes and replaces a box that lasts about two months. 

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-04-2019

Mikey: that looks like it. Now I need SWMBO's approval to spend a bunch of money.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-05-2019

Since the Windows approach failed do we expect two new iMacs to be delivered today. The setup should be fairly easy as we have most data on external SDD that will be plugged in the new iMac and we are almost done.
I am uneasy how the MS Office license will react. We have a five PC family license since many years and several iMacs have been used. I hope there are still two more to go or I have to find out how to purge the old ones.

The weather is lousy. Not to cold but windy and rainy. Just the weather to stay home and setup iMacs ... ;-)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-05-2019

Good morning all, a pristine day yesterday with us doing a bit of target shooting out in the desert. Clear, shirtsleeve weather, no wind, no chill factor and temps that reminded us that summer isn't too far away. But, things change, tomorrow's high will be in the 80's, but drop into the 60's the next day. Some rain in the forecast as well. Feeling bad for those folks that got hit with those tornadoes and those still dealing with snow and ice though, something I couldn't deal with for sure...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-05-2019

Greetings, gang.

Another clear and cold day is underway here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 2 right now headed for a high in the mid teens, so sayeth the National Weather Service. 20s tomorrow and 30s by the weekend. Maybe the end of the cold weather is in sight.

Quiet day yesterday. This morning I'm thinking about doing some shopping at Menards and Walmart. I like to go early before the crowds start. Also need to get the bills paid.

Tried my new mp3 player at the gym yesterday. Good sound quality but it locked up after an hour. Got home and reset it. We'll see what happens today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-05-2019

Morning.  Cold and cloudy.  Snow on the coast [not a usual thing there].  Nothing here.  

Long day ahead. 

Tom, wish we had Menards.  Some good train things.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-06-2019

Good morning, and a good Ash Wednesday to you all. Not much happening around here, the weather has been great so I see a bunch of guys hanging outside of the practice fields of Surprise Stadium. I'm still confused, they have baseball mitts and are waiting for a ball to come over the fence so they can catch it. Why? They're all standing for hours, and what if they do wind up with a ball, was it worth getting sunburn just to keep a ball worth a few dollars? Or, do they trade it in for free admission? I don't know, but whatever their motivation is, to me it's not worth it. Most can't even see over the fence to see what's going on, they just stand there waiting.

For me, our van has two recall notices, so it goes back to the dealer today. I'll be able to stay home and work on my new layout. I have all the base foam in place, now for some plaster sheets to start forming the terrain. This is the messy part...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-06-2019

Morning.  Cold 31 but sunny.  High 40 maybe.  Better than Tom.  Errands after coffee with a buddy [lady].

DAZ, Wifey's CRV airbag recall has not been done for a couple of years.  She will not give it up long enough.  Of course, I'll have to take it.  All her female buddies with Honda's have taken theirs themselves. 

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-06-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cold (again) but the forecast is somewhat promising. High for today is supposed to be in the low 20s (-1 right now) and with the sun out there will be some melting. Light snow predicted for tomorrow and some nasty weather for the weekend - rain, sleet, freezing rain, and snow with the temperature in the low 30s. That will make running the snow blower difficult with a wet heavy snow.

Got the bills payed and the taxes finished yesterday. Didn't go shopping (too cold) but did go to the gym. Gym again this morning and may go shopping this afternoon.

Don - glad to see you making progress on the Canyon State.

Frank - I generally had to take my wife's car in for repair. On the other hand, my cars seldom had problems. I had Hondas and Nissans. She drove Hyundais.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-06-2019

We got the new iMacs yesterday. The conversion was as easy as it could be. I love it to have the system on external media (SSD). Unplug from the old and plug it in the new system and you are almost done.
MS Office noticed the new hardware and needed a simple confirmation.

Weather is windy, cloudy with some rain showers. Anyhow we had a nice Chinese lunch and some coffee and ice cream in a great Italian cafe in a near by shopping center.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-07-2019

Good morning all. Nice day yesterday, a few sprinkles in the AM, just enough to get your vehicle spotted up and dirty. Fortunately, our van was in the dealer's shop and they ran it through their car wash before giving it back. They did most everything I asked, just that it's puzzling when they say they can't fix something because, "they all do that"..... What???? that doesn't make it right....

The snow pack is melting, they say it's not enough to settle the drought, but then again, they're releasing water into the Salt River that runs through the center of Phoenix because the reservoirs are full. A lot of roads are now blocked that run through the river. Yeah, they pave the road right through the river bed, not as many as a few years ago when they only had two bridges over the river. Those days were a barrel of fun when they had these releases.

Have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-07-2019

Greetings, gang.

Positively balmy at cloudy and +10 degrees this morning. High for today again in the low 20s with some light snow possible.

Had a good workout at the gym yesterday. In the afternoon I did some house cleaning. Today I'm headed for Menards and the grocery store. This afternoon is my weekly group. Started watching the weather forecast for Lake Placid, NY. Headed there in a couple weeks for a hockey camp/tournament for my grandson. Be gone probably a couple of weeks.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-07-2019

Morning all.  Errands today.  5:15 go to an elementary school for a musical thingy.

For Tom.  48 degrees and warming in the sun.  No wind.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-08-2019

Good morning, here we are at the end of yet another workweek for most working folk. A slight chance of rain for today, but a lot higher as we get into next week. Temps back down into the 60's right straight through starting today. We just weeded the front yard, the back has a few that are starting to grow over the fence, but for now, until we get into the hot, dry days, we just worry about keeping the front clear so the HOA doesn't cite us. They have this sneaky guy driving around with a camera a few times a month and if you're not careful, you get a "weeds in the gravel" letter with a link to a photo of your weeds and giving you about a week to clean them up. They start fining you after that.