The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-05-2019

Good Friday morning folks, yeah, it's Friday again, they come by faster and faster nowadays. Flash!!!, from the weather guessers, "we have a change in the forecast". Uh, we now have a chance of rain for tomorrow. I wish I knew that before I went and got the "Super-duper, high-end, fancy-dandy manager's top-of-the-line special" car wash. You know, the one where the bells go off and the lights all flash and some guy in a tuxedo hands you a towel (and a sweet smelling piece of cardboard) to wipe your dashboard with while you ride through the wash. Icon_rolleyes Well, at least it was bright and shiny for a few days.... Icon_cry

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-05-2019

Hello Blue
Yes I'm still here. It's cloudy and 40s so far today.
A D3Rs club meet tomorrow. Will be a good one.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-06-2019

We planned to have an extended sunny spring weekend in Palma de Mallorca but the weather in Palma will be chilly with a chance of rain showers while we expect a sunny warm weekend here in Germany......
Doesn't matter. Flights and hotels are long time ago booked and the taxi will be pick us up in about an hour :-(

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-06-2019

Greetings, gang.

Thunder, lightning, and a few sprinkles outside my window this morning. 49 right now headed for 70 and windy this afternoon.

Quiet day yesterday. Postponed the dinner with friends last night Scheduling confilct. Will try again in two weeks. Rode the bike for the first time this season. Good to be outside again. Went to a play last night. Very funny. This morning I'm headed to soccer games for two of my great-grandsons. Will take up most of the morning. Also need to make an early run to the grocery store. This afternoon will see yard work and possibly another bike ride if it's not too windy.

Reinhard - my sympathy on your plight. I once went to Texas in the middle of summer (very hot there) and Michigan in winter (very cold and snowy there). Next time I will try and reverse that.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-06-2019

Good morning, well, they changed the forecast of, "chances of rain", by adding, "up north". No rain on the schedule down here for today or all next week. But, we do have some mid-90's days in the forecast starting tomorrow. They're serious this time, the first of the season when on some days it won't get below 90 for the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-06-2019

60 degrees and sun coming out.  Rained yesterday and last night.

Col's [Grandson] birthday party today.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-06-2019

We went on layout tour today. The weather warmed up enough that I left my jacket in the car (15-17 deg.) We saw 7 or 8 layouts and had a nice lunch and that was only about 1/3 of them.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-07-2019

Good morning all, nope, no rain yesterday, just as they had re-predicted. The new predictions, using a glass ball, now shows a much better chance of rain this coming weekend. Still looking at temps in the mid-90's Mondays and Tuesday, then they drop below normal into the 70's the rest of the week. So much for the weather report in the unpredictable deserts of Arizona.

Making progress on my new layout. Track laying is going slow when something doesn't work out as planned and you wind up having to move things around. But, that's all part of the experience and so I'm not complaining, just reporting on how things are going.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-07-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 53 with a predicted high in the upper 60s. Got to 76 yesterday.

Busy day yesterday. Went to a soccer meet for great-grandsons yesterday morning. In the afternoon I got more of the yard cleaned up. Also visited with the parents of the new neighbors. Young lady and her fiance moving in.

Today's newspaper was finally just delivered after I had to call them. Got a new carrier and haven't had a paper yet. Didn't even realize I didn't get yesterday's paper until I went to look for it late yesterday afternoon. They need to fix this.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-07-2019

Evening.  Sun finally came out and temps went to 78 degrees.  Lowes garden center was a zoo.  Lumber side was about empty.  Picked up two 4X4's for Wifey's bird houses.

Rain tomorrow and Tuesday.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-08-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny skies and warm temperatures are scheduled for today. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s but it's going to be windy with winds up to 35 mph. Then the weather goes downhill for the rest of the week with a chance of snow by Friday.

Got the fertilizer/crab grass killer down yesterday. Also got in another bike ride. Today I plan to get the tall grasses cut down and a couple of large bags of yard waste hauled away. Tomorrow is a trip to Des Moines for a recall on my car.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-08-2019

Good morning everyone, a hot day yesterday, we hit 91 here in Surprise, Phoenix didn't quite make it past 89. I've heard forecasts of up to 97 for the next two days, not a record, but close. In 1989 it got over 100 for these two days so we're on our way to a very hot summer.

Today is my free day, lots to do to keep me busy, and there are those that look forward to retirement so they can just take it easy. Icon_rolleyes I guess some people go on cruises and long trips, but we're destine to be stay-at-home folks I guess. I can't see us crammed on a boat with 5,000 other people waiting in line at the buffet, nor are we inclined to romp around unfamiliar areas trying to see the sights or heading up to Las Vegas for a night of shows, gambling and high-end food.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-09-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 37 this morning with a predicted high of about 60. Rain moves in tonight and stays until Friday. The rain will be having a special guest late Thursday/early Friday in the form of snow but probably nothing will stick. My daughter in Rapid City will be getting the brunt of the storm with up to 18 inches of snow predicted for her.

Quiet day yesterday. Got the tall grasses cut down and went for a bike ride. Took the yard waste to the disposal site yesterday and what a mess. There is road work in the area. Some guy with a forklift decided he was entitled to block the exit and talk on his cell phone while at least 5 cars were backed up waiting to leave. Today I'm headed to Des Moines for a recall on my car. After that will be a visit to Harbor Freight and a few bike shops.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-09-2019

Good morning from "way too hot too early" Arizona.... Yeah, it hit 97 in Phoenix and 98 here in Surprise yesterday. More on the agenda for today, then a radical drop into the lower 70's for a few days, and Friday's high is now 68 with rain. That's a 30 degree drop in just a few days. How do they know all this stuff? Well, when you add "possibly", "percent", "may be" and "chance of" to you forecasts, you can't go wrong.

Got a few things done yesterday, but little on my layout. Been looking for something for our van that apparently has been discontinued. A few web sites show they have the product, but when you call, they say the same thing, "discontinued but maybe we can get one for you somewhere else"... Well, like in weather forecasting, "maybe" is maybe not good enough.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-09-2019

Just arrived home back from Palma de Mallorca. We had a great time and pretty good  weather on Saturday, Sunday and a wonderful warm sunny spring Monday.
The flight is only 1:40h and prearranged transfers with Taxi and limousine worked great.
Next trip to the island of Mallorca is Thursday in four weeks for a full week in the tiny town of Port de Soller at a beautiful bay with a mandatory tram ride to the city of Soller.

https://goo.gl/maps/PQVoviSmPG32