The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-02-2019

Greetings, gang.

The sun is out and it looks to be a nice day. 44 right now headed for a high in the low 60s.

Not much accomplished yesterday. I was still tired from all my travels. Seems to be taking a little longer to bounce back. Today I plan to get the yard mowed, change the oil on the mower, go to the gym, and maybe get in a bike ride. Late afternoon will find me headed to my weekly group.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-02-2019

77 and sunny.  National Day Of Prayer.  Mayor's prayer breakfast over.  Wifey gone to meeting.  Will slip out and mow [she will be mad].  The rest up the back.  Still acting up.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-02-2019

Hello Blue
Cloudy going to 60 today.
Lots of rain here in lower Michigan, lots of flooding with it. More rain coming tonight.
Other than Facebook I haven't heard much from my train friends.
A dental cleaning and some 
grocery shopping have been my week so far. Gas is $2.75 as of yesterday
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-02-2019

Good morning all, nice clear day today, temp pushing 90, still around normal for the coming week with a high of 95 on Saturday. Hope to go shooting on Monday, one of the last days before it hits and stays in the 100's through to sometime in October.

Passed by a station this morning, regular was $3.14. Passed the same station an hour later and it was now $3.20. Cheapest gas around is at Costco for $3.00. Add .30 to that if you want to stop at a brand name station.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-03-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 39 at the moment with sunshine promised for later in the day. Predicted high in the mid 60s.

Had a fairly productive day yesterday. Got the oil changed on the mower, Yard is mowed. Went to the gym. Didn't get the bike ride in. Today I need to pay bills, go to the gym, run the trimmer, and try again for a bike ride.

Gas here dropped a few pennies. Down to $2.52 yesterday morning.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-03-2019

Good morning all. Nice clear day today, temps in the low 90's, a bit warm, but right on normal. Next week starts a cooling trend, back into the 80's all week.

Got a bit more done on my layout yesterday, plus some progress on my secret project. Stayed tuned, several surprises in store....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-04-2019

May the Fourth Be With You, Gang.

It's a made up holiday for Star Wars fans.

48 and a light shower in progress outside my window this morning. Supposed to clear off and get to about 70 later.

Not much accomplished yesterday. I did get the bills paid so I can live in the house for another month. Just finished boiling the spaghetti last night when the phone rang. My grandson invited me to supper. Heck, yes! After super he and his family came over and I ran the trains. The great-grandsons had a fun time chasing the train around the lawn. Very pleasant evening. This morning I'm (maybe) going to head to the next town over to watch them play soccer.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-04-2019

72 and cloudy.  Rain later.  Got a sorority thingy for lunch at a church.  Then rest.

Hope all have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-04-2019

Good morning, that "rest" thing sounds great Frank, think I'll latch onto that for a while. Just find myself doing too much for someone that has counted as many birthdays as I have. Speaking of birthdays, today is my wife's. Don't ask how many, just that I've got a year more to count than her.

Making progress on my new layout, slow and sporadic, but getting there. No need for speed.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-05-2019

Happy Cinco de Mayo, gang.

57 and cloudy with a light shower in the area. High for today is supposed to be about 68. Rain is in the forecast every day through Thursday.

Did get to watch great-grandsons play soccer yesterday. Was gone from 9:30 til 2:30. After I got home I took a 9 mile bike ride. Not much else accomplished.

Not much planned for today. Need to find some grass seed for a couple of bare spots in the front yard.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-05-2019

Good morning all, and yes, today is, Cinco de Mayo. Most every Mexican restaurant around here has areas blocked off around the building for extra seating. Just like the Irish Pubs do on St. Paddy's Day. I'm sure it's no different in your areas. I think these are celebrations perpetuated by those restaurant owners, Goldth just like a lot of holidays have been started by the greeting card companies. Nothing wrong with it, just have a good time and stay safe. It should be a nice day here to celebrate, temps in the mid-90's. Then starting tomorrow, we're back into the 80's and high 70's with rain starting Thursday through past the weekend. That could change as we go, as usual, but it probably will happen since we got the van washed thinking the rain was gone for a while.... Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-05-2019

Morning.  71 and sunny.  Had rain over night.  More to come they say.  Resting up and taking it easy.

All have a good week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-05-2019

Drove off today past the far side of Toronto for my aunt's 95th birthday. Massive collection of cousins and offspring and other people. She's not really happy in her new home (lonely) but her short term memory is extremely spotty.
Drive over was extremely easy (we were there an hour early) but coming back we tried to avoid a slowdown and drove up a road that was completely blocked.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-06-2019

Good morning, and welcome to another workweek. While a lot of you are toiling away, I'm headed out to the desert for some target shooting, one of the few privileges of being old and retired. It should be nice out, mid-80's here, but low 80's around where we go to shoot. It's about a 50 mile drive, a spot that supposedly was bought by Bill Gate's company and got posted. But since then, they have removed the signs so we don't have to drive another five or ten miles further to one of our "hidden" sites. The area was supposed to be developed as a technical utopia, but we haven't heard much of anything since the initial land purchase.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-06-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 50 headed for cloudy and 60.

Quiet day yesterday. Did get a couple of minor chores done outside and also got the laundry caught up. After breakfast I need to make a grocery run.

All stay safe.

Tom