The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-25-2021

Good morning all and a Merry Christmas. Well it did rain like they said, we here in Surprise got well over 1.5", some areas got over 2".

We had our present exchange yesterday as planned, I got a digital picture frame where anyone in my family  can send me pictures from anywhere they are. Really neat stuff.

Church today, got to get there early, lots of two time a year folks going to show up, could get crowded.

David, sounds like you and Jim have the same ailment, good luck on getting through this. Prayers, of course, for the both of you.

Hope you all have a great day and that Santa treats you right.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-25-2021

Merry Christmas Blue.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 12-25-2021

christmas greetings to all from across the pond 

its been a long time , with other things in life getting in the way , but its back to model railways and get trains running on the layout again 

been cold dry and sunny all christmas day

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 12-25-2021

(12-24-2021, 08:49 PM)BR60103 Wrote: I saw the doctor yesterday and was told to get an ultrasound on my leg. Ultrasound communicated with Dr. and I was told to get to emergency.  Seems I have a blood clot or thrombosis in my leg. Net result is I am now on blood thinners.  Time today from the 11:45 appointment to prescription at 4:41.  I was alone for most of (restricted by Covid) and missed a lot of routine, like lunch. And didn't take any reading material.

Merry Christmas to all.

welcome to the DVT club I've had two one on blood thinner  and there no picnic so stay off the leg and keep foot up , also compression socks help .
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-25-2021

Merry Christmas Blue!
Every day is an adventure as you get older.
Prayers to those that need them.

I've had DVT for years. It gets worse, then better, then worse.
I agree, it's difficult keeping it elevated.

Everyone take care!!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-25-2021

Thank you to Jim and Mikey.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-26-2021

Good morning for the day after Christmas. I hope everyone had a fine day yesterday and that Santa treated you well. Not sure what today will be like, church for sure, beyond that, I don't know what I'll do. Was suppose to rain yesterday but only a few areas got light showers so it was a good day for the kids to play with their outdoor toys. Rain in the forecast for the next two weeks, but this Tuesday and Thursday so far are our best chances.

Well, the oil companies do have a heart (only it's three times smaller than the Grinch), gas prices plummeted two whole cents at a  few stations down to $3.77, the Cheveron station down the street dropped all the way to $3.99, while Costco and Sam's Club are now at $3.25. The rest are still holding fast, way above the national average.

Take care everyone and have a great day, the start of the last week of 2021 for those of us that use the Sunday-Saturday calendar. I wasn't aware until recently that some folks use a Monday-Sunday calendar.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-26-2021

Greetings, gang.

17 and cloudy with a chance of freezing drizzle and a high near 40. Weather-wise not the best for the day after Christmas.

I had a very quiet day yesterday. All three of my kids called at various times and I got wonderful news that my granddaughter does not have cancer cells in her spinal fluid. She starts a new chemo this week as the old one has not been effective. I'm happy on one hand and terrified on the other hand.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-26-2021

Hello Blue
Happy morning after.
We spent the afternoon with our kids. Only train item was a B&O calendar. 
No plans for the day. My blood sugar this morning (after coffee w/cream) was 113 so I guess yesterday's desserts snuck by ok.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 12-26-2021

Good afternoon, folks

It is 51 heading to 53.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. We had our usual family gift opening and later ham dinner. Trainwise I received Walthers Merchant Row II and Merchant Row V from my son. My daughter gifted me the NCE Power Cab DCC Starter System. Looks like I will be reading up on DCC. She was not able to get me the recommended circuit breaker so I will be ordering it.

As far as modeling goes, I have been inventorying my kits and unweathered rolling stock which I plan to do more of today.

Today I am trying to take it easy and recuperating from making dinner yesterday.

The wife is feeling better. She is happier as she has a new laptop. Her old one was so slow it was driving her crazy. I was pleasantly surprised how easy this one was to set up and get running. It only took me a couple of hours instead of the days it took with the old one. Perhaps the fact the new one is not an HP has something to do with that.

Dave, Jim, and Mikey I hope your conditions improve or stay stable. I wonder if we can get a group discount on blood thinners. I have been on Eliquis for several years now due to A-fib. I was just informed that as of December 31st my prescription plan will no longer cover Eliquis, so the doctor and I need to have a conversation about what I switch over to. Since I was eligible, I just picked up an 180 day supply the other day. The wife is going to have to have the same conversation with her hematologist on Tuesday as she is currently taking Eliquis.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-27-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear at the moment but it's gonna become winter before the day's end. Rain, freezing rain, sleet, and possibly some snow overnight tonight into tomorrow. 32 now headed for 34 later.

Another quiet day at the world headquarters of the Backyard & Southern Railway Company. This morning I'll be heading to Menards. Finally got my rebate and Menards has the lowest prices for batteries. A new battery for my car is also on the agenda in the near future. It's four and a half years old and I would hate to get stranded somewhere.

Tom - glad to hear your wife is improving. I hope that continues.

All stay safe..

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-27-2021

Good morning good people, it's getting that time to make New Years Eve plans. Don't know if the government is going to be happy about parties and crowded nightspots, so in deference to them, I'll do my usual. Hit the sack early and hope not too many folks in the neighborhood want to go out in the rain to shoot off fireworks. It's been a very long time since I had any bubbly and even then I couldn't drink that much.

Tom, I'm glad your wife is doing better. I checked to see why my doctor doesn't have me on Eliquis, now I know, really high co-pays as opposed to Warfarin at zero co-pay. He told me years ago that if Warfarin was up for FDA approval now, they'd not pass it, too many side affects, and constant INR testing.

Anyway, prayers that this coming year brings relief to Jim, David and Mikey with their DVT, and that Tom's wife continues to improve.

This whole week is free of appointments, maybe I'll get some stuff done on my layout.....

Take care everyone and have a great day. Goldth

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-27-2021

Hello Blue
Snow on the ground but 40 for the day so it will be gone soon.
However: With the two coldest months of the year coming up, 40 degrees will be nothing more than a dream. 
I can handle the small snows ok but those deep ones are the only time I wish to be a snowbird.
#2 grandson surprised everyone by announcing his engagement on Facebook.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-28-2021

Greetings, gang.

23 now headed for 35 with a 30% chance of rain or snow.

Yesterday was a very good day for me. Finally got my Menards rebate so did a little shopping there. Stopped at Target on the way home for a couple of items and decided to check out the electronics dept. Lo and behold there was the new Xbox. Not just one but 5 actually in stock on the shelf. They now have 4. It's been updating since about 9:30 yesterday morning. It was a 28 GB download and I have a v-e-r-y slow internet connection. Right now at 72% and I'm guessing it should be done by the time I get back from the gym this morning. Not much else new around here.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-28-2021

Good morning all, no rain yet but they're saying a really good chance of some this afternoon. High temps in the 50's all week, the same with the rain forecast. New Years Eve. and New Years Day looks like any outdoor activity is going to get washed out big time. Gotta be snowing bunches up north, really glad I went up to Prescott when I did.

Cleaning lady due this morning, one short appointment this afternoon and the rest of the week is clear to do with as I wish.

Well, I hope you all have a great day, stay warm, because if it's cold here, it's got to be really cold where most of you are unless you live down under, then it's off to the beach if you do.....