The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-28-2022

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 32 headed for sunny and 62. Looks to be a very nice fall day.

Yesterday was a good day. Got rid of the yard waste and then had a decent workout at the gym. After lunch I got the car washed. Looks nice at the moment but I'm thinking I may need to get some kind of cleaner. When I take it through the car wash they put sealers and wakes on it but I don't think the car is completely clean before they do that. Temperatures are predicted to be in the upper 60s to around 70 net week so it looks like a good time to investigate that.

After spending the day Wednesday cleaning up leaves it looks like I never did anything so after the gym this morning I'll be cleaning up another herd of leaves.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-29-2022

Greetings, gang.

The nice weather continues today. Sunny and 67 predicted for the high with light winds.

A quick trip to the yard waste disposal site is the only major project planned for this morning. This afternoon I'm hoping to get in a bike ride before college football at 2:30. Tomorrow morning I plan to go to a small train show about an hour east of me. I went once before. I plan to be back before the F1 race starts at 1:30.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-29-2022

Good morning all, yup, got to sleep in some so it must be Saturday. Temps still around 80 until mid-week. They're saying Thursday's high may by in the low 60's with a decent chance of rain. I've had the A/C off and the furnace on now for a few days. I wanted to change the schedule and it took me a while to find it. There are only three apps on my cell phone that control my thermostat, each one has about 100 different settings. I guess I could write down where it is, then I'd have a fourth app to deal with... Waiting

Gas prices slowly coming down, several stations now at $4.39, many still up there at $4.79. Lowest price in the state is $2.99 up in Cottonwood, a small town 100 miles north of here and about 20 miles from the Interstate and a few miles from Clarkdale, home of the Verde Canyon Railroad.

Not much else going on, the last weekend for the Arizona State Fair, it's good that I didn't plan on going anyway. Nope When I was in high school, I traveled with a carnival one summer and learned all the tricks they used to cheat on those games and still remember them. Would they cheat at a state fair? Need to be careful what I say, I think I just saw a black helicopter circling my house. Eek

Ya all have a great weekend, watch football, watch the races or do whatever you want, just be careful.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-29-2022

Fog and 43 degrees.
No train news. Two big football games for me today. 
I was born a Buckeye so I gotta go with them. 
I haven't been out for a couple days so not sure on gas prices. Last lowest I saw was $3.89.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-29-2022

It has been a wild morning. I was up at 7 which for me is early.  I had to go to Rural King to get a new mailbox post. I went to get the mail yesterday and when I opened the box the whole support fell off the post.  Eek I was going to fix it because the post was OK but decided to just buy the whole works. I got back and got it assembled and in he ground just as the mailman showed up. I asked if the height was OK and he said it was right on so now I am enjoying my first coffee. 

I am hoping to do some leaf filters today and perhaps an oil change on my truck.  I only have 42 feet of filters on the train building and 17 foot on the front porch to finish. I might be able to drag that out for another month if I try real hard. Wink

I have mulching blades on one ot the mowers and I blew the leaves out of the driveway and chopped them real fine. My wife like to keep them around the plants for winter and by summer they will be soil. The back yard where the dogs are the bosses gets the leaves bagged by the old mower that has a bagger. If I don't pick those up the leaves wind up in the house. I use them on the garden. 

Gas was 3.79 in Pa but I can't tell you what it was here because I don't pass a station before I hit the state line. It was 3.59 when I got gas Wednesday and Diesel was $5.69 and some stations here are limiting diesel fuel to 60 gallons. There is a real shortage here and it is going to get worse. 

Have q good day everyone and stay safe. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - TMo - 10-29-2022

Well, Sir James - hats off to the Buckeyes. My Lions are still not elite and are governed by a stubborn football coach who can't see that his 6th year QB (3 interceptions and a strip sack) is probably the reason his teams can't reach the "elite" status he seeks. 5-star freshman stayed on the bench the whole game.

At least my Phillies are showing some Phight in the World Series. Stayed up until almost 1 AM to celebrate a victory in Houston. Lots of parallels to their previous 2 playoff series where they've won one in hostile territory.

We got a small Pod to send to my son (the 1st Lieutenant) and his wife in Texas - furniture and the like. Got to watch the truck come and pick the container up - what a cool rig. The hydraulic lift is married to the truck and opens up so the truck can pull out. They lift up the container and drive the truck under. Ingenious, and like the truck driver said, wish I had the patent on that!

We're also putting new carpet in the upstairs bedrooms now that we're empty nesters - goes in Monday. Had to lug all the stuff upstairs down to the living room this morning for temporary storage until the installer finishes. Still got a hike in with the dog.

Ended up repainting a closet upstairs during the football game. In six days the bride goes to Hawaii with her Dad and sister for two weeks. I have big plans for railroad activities while she's gone....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-30-2022

Greetings, gang.

The National Weather Service has decreed that today shall be cloudy but quite comfortable with a high of around 65.

Not much accomplished yesterday other than laundry and a bike ride. This morning I'm going to a small train show in a town about an hour east of me. Cloudy skies will make for pleasant driving. This afternoon I'll watch the F1 race.

Gas here depends on location. Most stations in town were at $3.51 but the two stations on the north end of town were at $3.59. Of course, the fact that the state cross country track meet was being held near the stations had nothing to do with it.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-30-2022

Hello Blue
Dense morning fog is burning off, 41/60 for the day.
Yes, in spite of the noise Penn State fans are known to make the Buckeyes played football in the fourth quarter and got the win.
As for the lowly Lions, well, we keep hearing they are rebuilding the team. It seems 10 years of rebuilding should have done something. They are just bad, yet us fans keep hoping in vain.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-30-2022

Good morning all, Arizona State did indeed win their third game of the season, but then again, they were playing Colorado which was 1-6. At least they started early enough so I could see the whole game before I went to bed. When they play at home they usually start the game around 7:00.

No change in anything here, temps and gas prices are unchanged. Temps however, will drop appreciably by Thursday, I doubt that gas prices will though. If the railroads go on strike, we can expect gas and everything else to go up. Here in the Phoenix area, we even have our natural gas brought in by train.

It's Sunday, I'm really needing to stay put for a while, need to see my chiropractor tomorrow. Yesterday I was able to sit long enough to make my cabin scene outhouse. It didn't take that long since I did it the traditional way without logs and notches.  I will post photos as soon as I'm able.

Take care and enjoy the day....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 10-30-2022

Well......  The Phila. Eagles are 7 - 0 --- Really nice, but every team they play is going to play a bit harder to "knock them off'  Eek

Our other team: the Phillies, is 1-1 in The World Series.   The other major league team, The Philadelphia Union are playing a semi final game tonight.

The last 2 Philadelphia teams The Flyers (who I root for the most) are 5-2-1 and they play again Tuesday, and the 76'ers (3-4) are starting their season slow......
It's been an interesting sports weekend in these parts  Smile Smile Smile 

The Model RR open houses begin Friday night and I'm open Saturday.  Remember, November is National Model Railroad Month
https://www.nmra.org/news/national-model-railroad-month

Here's the site for the tour that I'm part of  Smile
http://www.modelrailroadopenhouse.com/

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 10-30-2022

Posting this early, since I may not be online tomorrow morning:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Everyone Be Safe!!!!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-31-2022

Happy Halloween, gang.

One more in a string of very nice autumn days. 67 and sunny for today.

Went to a train show yesterday in a town about an hour east of me. I've been before and wasn't expecting much but the show has gotten bigger since the last time I was there (maybe 6 years ago). I paid my entrance fee and started toward the show room when one of the people at the table asked if I wanted my hand stamped. When I said no he acted almost hurt/upset that I declined. I didn't find any trinkets worth bringing home.

On the way home I discovered that our city's automated speeding ticket dispenser was parked along a street even though the police department's web site said it hadn't been deployed since Oct. 17th. They normally put it out for a week at a time so I'll check later today before I send them a nasty-gram.

Not much on the agenda for today. Probably more leaf herding this afternoon.

Gas was down to $3.47 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-31-2022

Good morning everyone and a great big BOO and a Happy Halloween to ya all. I've decided not to go out trick or treating again this year. I was going to go out looking like an old man, then I realized that I didn't have to put a costume on to do that.  Icon_e_surprised Plus, with my back feeling like it is, I don't think I'd get very far. Nope . Actually, I'll be at Pat's MIL for our normal Monday family dinner. I stopped giving out candy years ago when hardly anyone showed up and we had bunches of candy left over that we had to eat ourselves.

Hard to believe that this is the last day of October, I'm still struggling with 2020 and we're two months away from 2023. Remember "Y2K"? Seems like just a while ago that we were preparing for a major electronic shutdown that never happened.

Some changes in gas prices, a few more stations have dropped to $4.69. Costco still at $4.19, a good buck higher than most of the rest of the state. Then there are a few that feel they are in an area that they can get $4.99.

Have a scary Halloween and enjoy the kids that are dressed up, I still remember when I went out dressed like a bum with a black "beard" and shabby clothes. Oh wait, those were my regular school clothes I think.... Goldth

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-31-2022

Happy Halloween Blue
Wet and 60 for the day.
No use spraying the kids with the garden hose this year they will probably be wet before they get here.
Actually, we haven't seen any T or Trs for several years now. Even our daughter's newer sub, that use to get a 100 is down to nothing.
No plans for the day.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-31-2022

Good morning 
       Light rain this morning with showers predicted all day. Happy Halloween, at least it isn't snowing.

I had a good day yesterday. I did another 20 feet of Leafilters, the hardest part so I only have 22 feet (4 and 1/2 sections) to install. They can all be done from my borrowed 8 foot ladder and probably only 12 or 13 time up and down. 

I also got the new house battery installed in the RV. Now I can check the new heater out in the near future. 

Tom, my hometown had these set up in hidden locations and were collecting over a million dollars a year. The residents wanted them shut down so they petitioned and got it on the ballot. The court had to decide if it was valid and ruled in the citizens favor. The public voted that the cameras be removed and thus it was so. My big issue with the cameras was they were owned by a third party that made a 60% commission from every ticket mailed. If you want more tickets written just give the officers a 60% commission and see what happens.  The township just out of town still has them but the city to the south had so few violations that the company that owned the cameras moved out.

I am flexible for the day. I have to go pick up a prescription and that is the biggy for today.
Charlie