The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-24-2021

Good morning all. Speaking of no jokes Frank, yesterday, a bank sent me $100.01, the $100 was for an over-deposit on an IRA, the .01 was interest. They sent me two checks, one for $100, you can guess how much the second one was for. It had to have cost them who know what, just to do the paperwork, print and mail a check for one penny. I'm just glad they didn't go the same route that Frank's card did........

We didn't hit 80 yesterday, but came close. The same for today. Speaking of jokes, try to figure out our rain chances by looking at different forecasts. Now, that will make you laugh...  Icon_cry 

Have a great and safe day Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-24-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 35 at the moment. Got to 45 yesterday afternoon with quite a bit of sunshine. Lots of melting. High for today i supposed to be in the upper 30s.

Yesterday was so nice I was able to give my trusty space heater a running start and was then able to sit on the porch for a couple of hours. Almost seemed like spring. This morning I have an appointment at 9 to get a recall taken care of on my son's car. Also need to get oil and a filter for it. After that's done I need to get in touch with my granddaughter to arrange to get it to her.

Frank - I can't believe that delay can all be blamed on the virus.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-24-2021

56 and climbing fast to 70. undefined Some clouds. Not much on agenda.

Slept till 7:30. Thick Egos with real maple syrup [BTW: BIL can't have and SisterIL gave me their bottle given by their future DIL's parents from way up state NY]. That was a prize. 

On the cold front. New frig doing great. Making ice in door and in freezer [turned on the other ice maker in freezer]. Dumped first bins as instructed.

Yesterday at Lowes. Took an hour to get a manager to come and discuss. Lowes had dropped their won delivery crews. Very nice young lady asst. mgr. [She came from Walmart.] Said Lowes had contracted with JB Hunt Trucking to do their deliveries. Lots of complaints they are documenting and pushing forward. As new contract, they feel they are stuck with it. Told them I was calling Charlotte and filing complaint. They said that the computer offered morning and afternoon scheduling but the contract with Hunt didn't. Hunt was to call a couple of days before with a heads up. Then call the day before with an estimated time. [they did not for me] Offered me compensation. Told them I was not there for that. Only to give customer feedback. Also, while waiting a Vet was informed there is not more Vet discount on items on sale. Sort of understand that. Calling Charlotte this AM.

Hope all have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-24-2021

Drove by several stations yesterday, gas was $2.799, the same stations today, $2.999. Three dollar a gallon gas is here, can you blame that on the virus, storms, shooting down a drone on the Middle East or what????

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-24-2021

Good morning folks

It is a nice feeling 43 going up to 52. This will be the warmest day of 2021 so far.

I glued down the first layer of on the first plywood board. Feels good to be building instead of wrecking. I hope to add more layers today. I am going for a total of 4 inches of foam. That is what the previous version had, and it worked well. The difference is this time I am using 1-inch-thick boards instead of 2-inch thick.

Home Depot dropped off the additional foam boards before 8 AM this morning.

The wife goes for her first covid shot in about an hour. I am trying to me scheduled.

I have to run to the wife’s endocrinologist to pick up letter to be given to her employer stating she should not report in person until she has both shots and the two-week waiting period. Apparently the CDC came out with a statement saying people with diabetes and asthma should work from home until they have been vaccinated.

After I get back home, I have a few small chores to do and then it is layout time (I hope).

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-24-2021

Back from successful errands run. Only complaint was those folks driving 10 mph under the speed limit on a sunny 70 degree + day. Everywhere I went, nice customer service. Especially the LOCAL CPAP office. Will do business with them and not mother company in Philly.

Now speaking of customer service. Lowes web site. Clicked on customer service. Contact us. I got a phone number. undefined [note: most places don't want to talk to you and hide the phone number] Had to select from a few choices. Went right to a nice young lady. Listened to my story [could hear her typing] and was very concerned. She will register my complaint. WOW

Now goof off for a few.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-25-2021

44 and fair. Will change later as rain for next 7 [some percentages low].

Getting ready for Human Services Board on computer. New member orientation on policies and procedures. Well, I've heard this 11 years in a row. Will drop out early. Wifey wants to yard work. 

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-25-2021

Good morning everyone, just a bit cooler today, 79 yesterday, expect 72 today with maybe a 1% chance of rain.

I went to  Fry's electronics about two weeks ago and basically what I saw was a shock. It's a huge store, I've bought everything from electronic components and tools, to computers, printers and appliances there over the years. I remember it was normally hard to find a parking spot, and hard not to find what you went there for. There was always a long line at checkout with maybe six or eight registers open. Around the holidays, the line went clear to the back of the store even with 15 or so registers. Two weeks ago there were few cars in the parking lot, shelves were sparse and empty. I needed a new router, they had a couple. One person in the checkout ahead of me, one checkout stand open. Not a good sign, and today I see a note on their website that they are closing all stores, two here in Arizona, lots of them in California, 31 in total. Their stores were all unique in decor and their prices were usually very reasonable. They will be missed. Another Covid-19 casualty.

Making progress on my two current projects, wood is cut for my display case and putting the finishing touches on my N scale store. I'm much happier with these so far than the last ones that I built. We'll see....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-25-2021

Greetings, gang.

Lots of sunshine this morning with more scheduled. 24 now headed for near 40, or so they say.

Recall repair went well. Enjoyed a nice breakfast and then did some shopping. All stores within a couple blocks of each other and with mild temperatures made for a pleasant way to kill time. When It was done the owner of the dealership happened to be there ans was looking at me like I should kneel and kiss his ring. I just nodded at him and drove away. That was pretty mush the extent of my day. This morning I'll head to the gym. Not sure what's on the activity list for this afternoon. I do need to make a Walmart run for oil and a filter for my son's car. After that I'll get in touch with my granddaughter and make arrangements for delivery to her.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - woodone - 02-25-2021

Well Thursday AM here in Phoenix. Well itS Thursday an AM other places too. Anyone need coats? In the 70’s here and warming up later this week. Don’t need coats any longer, opps forgot, I don’t have any coats.
Been banging my head to a brick wall- I can’t get my JMRI to program any decoders,
Maybe some one here is a computer person?
Sure has me flustered. I need to be working at my work bench, not hunched over a key board.
Got too many DCC installs to get done.
PM me if you think you might be of help- Thanks in advance.
Jerry. AKA woodone

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-25-2021

Good afternoon folks

I dropped by earlier this morning but did not have time to post. The wife was having computer issues with Zoom meetings and her microphone. After dealing with a panic attack because she could not conduct her meeting with her student and her trying a bunch of things including booting the computer did not help, I asked the age-old question, “Is it plugged in and turned on?” After a dirty look or two and me forcing her to check we found out it was working but the volume had been turned all the way down to one click above mute.

It is a bright and sunny afternoon with a temperature of 43 on its way to 49.

I now have four layers of 1-inch foam down on half of the layout and I am out of glue. I need to hit the hardware store for more glue while I am out getting stuff, I forgot at the grocery store yesterday. Why did I forget things? It was because of the construction by the water company and gas company. I understand the old mains need to replace but what drives me crazy is when one company closes a road and detours you and then the other closes the detour. I had that happen twice yesterday. Then throw in the lollygaggers out driving 15 MPH under the speed limit acting like they never experienced a sunny day before.

The wife got her first shot yesterday. I am still looking.

I have to head out shortly.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-25-2021

Hello Blue
Checking in.
Sun and 38 today. Yesterday it went to 54 in the afternoon. Lots of snow melted. I can see grass again. 
Ran some trains yesterday to polish the rails. All went well.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-26-2021

Good morning all, another weekend is looking at us. Nothing planned, just do what I feel, when I feel. Well, we do have a video chat scheduled for tonight. That's 7:00 EST, 5:00 Arizona time (MST in the winter only). Anyone want to stop by, just click on this link:

https://join.skype.com/J4jM0BefVQo6

Just about finished with my sporting goods store. Every time I take a picture, I see something else that needs touching up, then I realized that some of those white spots aren't missing paint, but reflections from the flash. I need a few more lessons on taking good photos. There's a article in a recent MR about that, I could also just talk to my DIL, she does a lot of that as a hobby.

Gas is heading out of sight, Even Costco and Sam's Club here are up to $2.60, $3.00 is the new norm. Just checked storm-riddled Texas, and you'd thing gas would be through the roof, but there's a station in Houston selling regular for $1.48, other's are below $2.00.

Take care and stay safe, it's a jungle out there..... Eek

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-26-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 28 this morning with a pretty sunrise. The high for today is supposed to be in the upper 30s with clear skies. Lots more snow will be disappearing.

Yesterday was fairly mellow. Went to Walmart but no cashiers so I dropped my purchases on a conveyor and walked out. Bought the same items at another store. In the mail yesterday I got a packet of documents needed to claim my son's 401k account. The annoying thing is that they are identical to the ones I filled out in January to start this process. I'll be giving them a call later this morning. Looking forward to the video call this evening. Gym this morning and change the oil on my son's car this afternoon.

Gas price here dropped 9 cents to $2.61 yesterday. Price seems to be dropping by Friday and then jump back upon Monday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-26-2021

(02-26-2021, 07:11 AM)FiatFan Wrote: ...Gas price here dropped 9 cents to $2.61 yesterday.  Price seems to be dropping by Friday and then jump back upon Monday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Big surprise this morning, gas at one nearby station up 10 cents to 3.10, all the rest will follow later today for sure. Waiting