The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-27-2023

Good morning

Tom, I am glad you enjoyed the cruise even with a few glitches.  

Our friends from Texas stopped by for a couple hour visit yesterday. They brought their 2 collies and 2 Samoyeds so I gat a fix on my white dog syndrome. 
They were staying at Linda's cousins house in Toledo and made a 500 mile round trip to visit.  We really appreciate friends like them. Gary is a pilot and Linda is a retired CPA.

Tom the T mobile internet has the least equipment I have had yet. The gateway is all that is required. I no longer have any cables attached except for the USB scanners and back up hard drives.  I did the speed test this morning and I am very happy with it.     

Days, I sure hope you are feeling better.  We miss your morning posts. 

While looking for my daily photo post I hit the photos of one of the last daytime trains of the 2009 season. The pictures show the hoaky halloween decor that the little ones loved seeing from the train on the night trips. These were purposely not scary but we still had a few that were frightened, I did these for 14 years and had repeat folks every year. I am really feeling melancholy about the railroad. It was great while it lasted and I am glad I was long retired when it had to close. 

Time to have another coffee and perhaps I will work on the trains.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-28-2023

Greetings, gang.

A little cool this morning at 28 degrees. Maybe 34 for a high this afternoon. A far cry from Tuesday's 79.

Another quiet day around here. One more coat of paint and I can install the shelf in the basement. I don't really expect the fiber company for a while yet. The conduit comes to the drive way but they still need to run another conduit from the driveway up to the house. I probably won't get hooked up until after the ground freezes as the company wants to work outside as long as possible. When I do get hooked up I'm settling for the 100 Mbps service. Currently I have 3 Mbps so it will be a huge increase for me. They will be offering speeds up to 5 Gbps. If I had a house full of people I could see that but I don't need it.

Laundry and football are the agenda for today along with finishing the shelf.

Gas is starting its inexorable upward creep again. After reaching a low of $2.97 the price was $3.09 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-28-2023

Hello Blue.
76 yesterday, 50s today.
Was out last night to our club, gas was still $3.39 most places.
College football is my menu for today.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-28-2023

Good morning

I couldn't shut my mind down last night so I went to the train room at 10PM and worked until 3:30 AM.  I put the lighting in another coach. It didn't work. Ths is the 8th one. The lighting strips are marked + and - and with the dcc it doesn't matter, but I realize using the bridge rectifier it does.  I guess I was lucky with the first 7. I reversed the leads and it works fine. I feel odd though cutting lower limbs off LPBs so they look like they are sitting but that is necessary. 

We have light rain and 66 degrees and I doubt it will vary much more today.

Don, I hope you are improving.  

Prayers for everyone and hoping we get the war in the mideast over before we all get pulled in. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-28-2023

Hi guys, thanks for being concerned, I wish I was doing better, but nothing has changed, still finding it very slow to heal. I'm doing all the things I can to minimize things, so I spend time in bed with my new friend, a giant ice pack. Getting old sucks, everything you do takes so much longer, and healing is on that list. I see the surgeon on Tuesday, so maybe he has a few tricks he hasn't told me about. I'll keep in touch as best I can. On the bright side, I have no appetite and am down six pounds, so there are some benefits to that surgery after all... Icon_rolleyes

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Carolina Northern - 10-28-2023

Charlie,

Sounds like when I put the LLP in my passenger cars. Told my train buddy that the only problem I had was the cars didn't empty when I stopped them at the station. Told him I couldn't tell if it was because I cut the legs off the LPP to make them fit in the cars or because I glued their butts to the seats.

Don

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-28-2023

(10-28-2023, 05:16 PM)Carolina Northern Wrote: Charlie,

Sounds like when I put the LLP in my passenger cars. Told my train buddy that the only problem I had was the cars didn't empty when I stopped them at the station. Told him I couldn't tell if it was because I cut the legs off the LPP to make them fit in the cars or because I glued their butts to the seats.

Don

It makes you feel strange having all those body parts laying around.  It's Halloween now but what will the excuse be next month. I have to mke sure I hide the evidence. 
I have a bunch of sitting people someplace. I will find them when I don't need them any more, but I got these from WeHonest at a good price 10 years ago and I have way too many so it is time to use some of them. Wehonest
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-28-2023

A few of the surplus legs could be made to stick out from under cars that are being serviced. Any ideas of other jobs?

I did a little job on our new cooktop today (new as of the summer). Dayle found that there are screws with pointy ends sticking down from it into the cabinet with the garbage containers. I managed to put some plastic wall plugs on the ends, but these still have somewhat pointy ends.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 10-30-2023

Good morning folks

It is 53 and heading up to 71

I got the hip injection on Friday afternoon, and everything went smoothly. However, around midnight the anesthesia must have worn off because I felt pain like I had before the injection. I took a couple of Tylenol, and the pain did reside to the point where I could sleep. Saturday the hip was stiff with occasionally pain that went away quickly. Sunday was mostly pain free until I over did something. This morning I have some soreness and it is a little stiff.

Saturday I was able to run to PetSmart, the pharmacy, Kohl’s for a couple of Amazon returns, the grocery store, and get the car washed. All in all, it was a pretty good day. Sunday, I took it easy. I did a few light things around the house such as helping my wife with her harvesting of the herbs. I cleaned out the refrigerator and did some laundry. I did not carry the baskets, my daughter did that for me.

Since I could not stand for long periods of time, I was not able to speed match the locomotives as I had intended. I did, however, change the couplers for seven Rivarossi boxcars. I also spent time updating my computer inventory.

Today is the first day back to work since the hip injection. I am going to try to take it easy which should not be hard since almost nothing is going on at the site. I will see how I feel tonight as to what I try to accomplish around the house of with the trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-30-2023

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 27 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa.  Supposed to maybe clear off and warm all the way up to the low 30s.  Mid 50s by late week (I hope).

I did get half the yard cleaned up yesterday and filled tow of those large green bags.  I'll haul those off this morning and then work on cleaning up the other half of the yard.  Still lots more leaves to come down yet.  The cat 6 cable arrived yesterday for the new network.  Now all I need is for the local fiber company to get their butts in gear and get me hooked up.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-31-2023

Happy Halloween, gang.

26 with 30 mph winds. Wind chill is about 14. Hope it lets up by candy harvesting time this evening.

Had a very productive day yesterday. After hauling away the leaves I collected another batch and hauled those away also. On the way home I stopped to visit a friend for a few minutes. After lunch was a trip to the gym followed by mowing the yard.By that time it was shower and Corona time. All in all a decent day. The power company also showed up yesterday to fix the street light just in time for the kids this evening.

I got my Halloween treat a day early. I was very surprised to see that the price of gas had dropped to a remarkable $2.91

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-31-2023

Good Morning
        I had ordered some 1x2x8 from Home Depot on Saturday. They never notified me the order was ready so I called and it was. I had curbside pickup but even at that I had to wait 25 minutes for them to bring the order out. I am having trouble walking any distance that is why I choose curbside. I usually go to the Home Depot in another town but it is 5 miles farther away. I remember now why I usually drive the extra miles. Gas was 3.09. I put 10 gallon in the truck. I normally fill up but I am not driving the truck enough to use the gas fast enough. I remember when gas was .309 

I worked on a locomotive last night. It needed new truck side frames. The instructions say to remove the bottom clip before removing the side frames because it retains the side frames. The previous owner did not read the instructions and broke the pins that hold them on. I'm installing a decoder and should have it done this morning. 

We had frost last night and at get up time it was 31° with a high of 46° before dropping enough to snow on the kids tonight. 

Stay safe everyone, and Don, we are keeping you in our prayers. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-31-2023

Mostly cloudy, temp was 29 when we got up this morning. Tops for today might be 45.
We did our errands yesterday morning, gas was $3.07 and up. Eggs were $1. About the only food item with a price drop. No plans for going out today.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-31-2023

We started the car this morning and it warned us that there might be snow and we should be careful. It also warns me to keep my hands on the wheel even when I have both of them firmly clamped on.
(Keep your mind on your driving; keep your hands on the wheel; keep your soupy eyes on the road ahead;...)*

*free old age pension to anyone who remembers that song.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-31-2023

"we're havin fun sittin in the back seat kissin and huggin with Fred"   Icon_e_biggrin Icon_e_biggrin Icon_e_biggrin. I don't know why I remember that, it wasn't a favorite of mine. 

It's after 10 and we have our first snowfall. I don't think it will amount to much but I am never ready for it anymore.     

Ya all stay safe.
 .Charlie